• Welcome to the new ACDCfans.net forum

Existing member? - You may need to reset your password. Use the 'forgot your password' link in the 'Log in' form to do this. You will need to enter your registered email address. If you have trouble logging in, send an email to

Removing Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze

How difficult is it to remove a label from vinyl? Is it even possible without scratching it?
I was offered a mispressing LP that has no label .......

Impossible! You will always see where the label was, although maybe with injection moulded records the label could become unstuck. But with vinyl records the label is so bonded with the record you will see evidence. A record pressed without a label is absolutely free of marks or scratches and has a clean surface. I can post pics if you like.

I had this pic already. If you want one of an LP I'll have to make fresh pics, but you see what I mean:
HFTJ0G2.jpg

The effort it would take to remove a label and leave no trace would be VERY time consuming

I’m more interested to know why you’d be keen to buy one?

I’m a record nut myself but I don’t think I’ve ever thought of buying a record just because the label attaching process missed it out

Posted By: BillyBollocks
I’m more interested to know why you’d be keen to buy one?

I’m a record nut myself but I don’t think I’ve ever thought of buying a record just because the label attaching process missed it out

I said I was offered one, not that I would buy it ;-)
I was only interested in whether the fakers found a new field of activity again ......

If you don't want it, let me know what it is, I could do with a fix right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom