• Welcome to the new ACDCfans.net forum

Existing member? - You may need to reset your password. Use the 'forgot your password' link in the 'Log in' form to do this. You will need to enter your registered email address. If you have trouble logging in, send an email to

OT: The Answer are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moh

...with a new record in 2023.

"After seven long years, The Answer are back and set to make their long awaited and highly anticipated return with a new album that captures the soul of a band intent on not just reigniting the spark but burning more brightly than ever before. These four Irish rockers have regrouped and thrown themselves into the creation of album that harnesses their unique energy and relentless passion for rock music."

Nice. They did a lot of great stuff so far.

www.theanswerrock.com

Last edited:
Posted By: BillyBollocksI bet the masses can’t ducking wait to hear that

Not

Billy.

When the boys going to commit to something? Seems like every other act is out there.

ahh we remember meeting them, pushing their gear up the hill to the Manchester Arena to soundcheck on the Black Ice tour, they all had trolleys and were pushing for all their worth..rock n roll eh !

Nothing really wrong with The Answer imo except that they didn't really stand out among the many classic rock type bands who emerged in the back half of the 2000s. Like, I don't think there was really anyone going, "Yeah, The Answer! My favourite band!", but they'd get a good crowd in a club or thousand seater.

I really appreciated The Answer when they hit the scene because they were slightly diff from other bands....they created their own musical style and maintained it thru the years ......I'm glad they're back, we sure need them :)

"Blood Brother" isnt my cup of tee. Looking forward to the album though.

trueblue said:
I really appreciated The Answer when they hit the scene because they were slightly diff from other bands....they created their own musical style and maintained it thru the years ......I'm glad they're back, we sure need them :)

What was this ‘own musical style’ you speak of?

Seems like Malcolm liked The Answer:

Cormac Neeson, The Answer
It was Malcolm who gave us that break. We had one record out at that point, and he’d heard it and liked it. I think he liked the fact there was no bullshit with us, and with his Celtic roots it struck a chord with him. He insisted we were given a shot at that tour. And I know for a fact there were countless big-hitter labels and agents sitting down with the powers that be, trying to force their bands on to that tour. But Malcolm stood firm.

So a very principled man. And a very caring man. Malcolm actively made sure we were treated well on that tour. And every other night, we’d be playing our gig and you’d look over to the pit and he’d be standing there having a look, checking in to make sure we were still firing on all cylinders. You could tell he was keeping an eye on all things Black Ice over the course of that tour. And you never forgot that he was the big brother. Of course, it was a joy to be able to stand at the side of the stage and watch Malcolm nailing it every night. That right hand up close, it’s even better.

Was there any indication of his illness? Not for me. All I saw was a guy on top of his game, nailing the AC/DC rhythm sound that defines the band for me. He was the backbone, y’know?

We were given the first run of American dates, about thirty shows, on a trial basis. But it kept rolling, to the point where a year and a half later we had to go to Malcolm and say: “Listen, we need to get off this tour to make another record.”

A few years later, Micky [Waters, Answer bassist] was on holiday in Australia, and Malcolm went out of his way to meet him. I know he kept a watchful eye on our career, too, well after the Black Ice tour wound up. So his death hit me on a number of levels. As a fan it’s a massive loss to rock’n’roll. But then we know he’s leaving behind a beautiful family who loved him very much, and that’s hardest to take.
the-rock-world-remembers-malcolm-young

Likeable and respectful interview and you can tell he's a fan.

I hope the new record contains some songs of their older stuff like on everyday demons or revival. New day rising was a banger and a great opener.

Their last album was more folky, it's their best one, not a fan of the new song, good to have them back though.

Been listening to their new album over the last week, didn't have high expectations but it's a really enjoyable listen.

dya reckon if your a mate of any of the members of The Answer, you always tell people "for fuck sake, dont ask them about the time they supported AC/DC" ?

George and Malcolm got mentioned on the backsleeve if the new record.

The Outsider said:
Been listening to their new album over the last week, didn't have high expectations but it's a really enjoyable listen.

Yes, same here. Was pretty disappointed at first but it got better with every spin. Not their best though.

Thankass said:
Why? Nobody asked a question iirc.

Dude I need to sleep. Took me way too long to get it :D

if Malcolm liked 'em enough to have kept them as a tour mainstay, they can't be too bad.

Briany said:
if Malcolm liked 'em enough to have kept them as a tour mainstay, they can't be too bad.

Yes, they can. And they were.

Briany said:

What made them so bad?

Briany said:

About as strong a rebuttal as 'nuh-uh'.

Briany said:

What made them so bad?

Their turgid music

DustDevil said:
Posted By: Brianyif Malcolm liked 'em enough to have kept them as a tour mainstay, they can't be too bad.

What made them so bad?

Their turgid music

Ah, I knew good ol' Billy wouldn't miss the party! And his line of reasoning is strong and convincing as always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom