• Welcome to the new ACDCfans.net forum

Existing member? - To log in you must reset your password. Use the 'forgot your password' link in the 'Log in' form and enter your registered email address. If you have trouble logging in, send an email to

O/T. Bruce Dickinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidceltic

I see Bruce is doing a “UK” spoken word tour.
6 days in England.
Hopefully the UK will consist of England in the not to distant future and only England.
Hes one Rock star that i met in 1986.
Once an arrogant prick always an arrogant prick :)

Fantastic singer with a voice that still stands up today.

but you right ..............Prick !

BillyBollocks said:

Those fucking multi colored/silver spandex pants he wore on the Piece of Mind tour made him look like an idiot court jester. Seriously, who wears something like that?

Bruce is the metal Bono - fronts a massively popular band but is himself unpopular. My God, imagine the two of them having a beer together.

mutt_langes_perm said:
The metal Bono lol. That's one way of putting it.

I suspect the relationship with Bono/Edge and Bruce/Harris has some overlap too. Under the Beanie and the blank expression the Edge is very steely apparently.

I always liked his voice. One of the best in metal.

Question: why is he a prick? ( i don't know him personally)

Last edited:
I didn't know he was a prick, I thought he was cool to fans?

When I heard about this tour the other day, I just sadly thought to myself that I wished it was Brian doing such a tour and not Bruce.

Life can be cruel.

Zan said:
I didn't know he was a prick, I thought he was cool to fans?

Seems like some on this forum just hate anyone who doesn't do the blue collar schtick that DC do. Or maybe just because he actually has opinions and artists are not supposed to have opinions...

Bruce Dickinson didn't even sing on the two best Iron Maiden albums.

Also, how did he manage to record his vocals on Quest For Fire with a straight face???

mutt_langes_perm said:
Bruce Dickinson didn't even sing on the two best Iron Maiden albums.
The X Factor and Virtual XI? You can't be serious!!!

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
Also, how did he manage to record his vocals on Quest For Fire with a straight face???
He was secretly auditioning for Manowar.

Last edited:
Hell’s teeth... the cheapest tickets are forty quid! (They go up to 65) Less than a decade ago, you’d get Motörhead and two decent support bands for less than that.

He seems an interesting bloke- pilot, fencer, writer etc. But not something I’d be shelling out for. Same for Rossi’s tour a few years back. Now THERE’s a prick.

Posted By: ThankassI always liked his voice. One of the best in metal.

Question: why is he a prick? ( i don't know him personally)

I absolutely dislike everything about him.

Hate his voice
Hate his band
Hate his politics

And the one time I had the misfortune to meet him in person (at a GNR gig) he was a complete miserable tool

So fuck you Bruce!

He's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

Naw fuck you mate.....prick!

I launched my beer at the cunt!

After I read his book I did have a lot of respect for him for the way he dealt with his cancer diagnosis.

Posted By: BillyBollocksI absolutely dislike everything about him.

Hate his voice
Hate his band
Hate his politics

And the one time I had the misfortune to meet him in person (at a GNR gig) he was a complete miserable tool

So fuck you Bruce!

Now, tell us how you really feel about him. Don't hold anything back. :)

Alex Lebanon said:
After I read his book I did have a lot of respect for him for the way he dealt with his cancer diagnosis.

I knew this was coming. Stop trying to make us feel bad about him Alex.

Hmmm I don’t know what you guys are on about, I always thought Bruce was the man. Fencer, pilot and heavy metal singer with an epic voice, what’s not to like?
I’ve always loved Iron Maiden, as long as I can remember, I never heard anything about Bruce being a jerk in interviews or to fans before. I always thought he was a respectable guy.

One thing I do feel bad in regards to Bruce is that his first wife cheated on him with Nikki Sixx.

He even wrote a song about it (Tattooed Millionaire).

Posted By: MADAXEMANHe's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

I launched my beer at the cunt!Well you're at the right place at an acdc gig then!

Posted By: MADAXEMANHe's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

May I commend you good sir. Hope it hit the twat right in the boat race

Posted By: TreehornHell’s teeth... the cheapest tickets are forty quid! (They go up to 65) Less than a decade ago, you’d get Motörhead and two decent support bands for less than that.

He seems an interesting bloke- pilot, fencer, writer etc. But not something I’d be shelling out for. Same for Rossi’s tour a few years back. Now THERE’s a prick.

Whats up with F Rossi?

And, any other ones to call out?

Any good encounters? I met both Joe Bonamassa and Tedeschi Trucks Band (separately) and both were amazing - friendly, happy to chat / photos etc. fantastic experience.

FYAi I did meet Iron Maiden in 81/82 after a show at Nottingham and they all signed my jacket so not total pricks?!

Always found his little "history lesson" before Rime of the Ancient Mariner at this gig to be representative of a gargantuan ego. Who the fuck rants about Queen Victoria's period pains at a metal show? Were the audience members supposed to be taking notes?

=1600s

Still, I love Bruce, if only for his work with the band. He's a narcissist, that's for sure, but not without basis, and he doesn't seem all that terrible to me. Still, I've never met him.

Hasn't the whole "rockstar ego" thing has been described as a way that people cope with being on stage in front of possibly tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of people? They have to have a great deal of confidence to do something like that, yet it makes you wonder how guys like Brian Johnson and Ronnie James Dio remained totally humble people despite their massive success. I suppose it depends on the personality of the person prior to their success.

Last edited:
I met Bruce dozens of times in the late 80s/early 90s and although he is an amazingly talented bloke and usually comes across as a nice guy in interviews, I must add that I personally love the voice but don't like the man.

Alex Lebanon said:

Alex Lebanon said:

I knew this was coming. Stop trying to make us feel bad about him Alex.

Don’t get me wrong I still think he’s a dick :)

Some of you are mentioning he's a fencer... Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Posted By: mutt_langes_permOne thing I do feel bad in regards to Bruce is that his first wife cheated on him with Nikki Sixx.

He even wrote a song about it (Tattooed Millionaire).

Yep, that lady had an awful taste. I don't like Bruce but he's a lovely guy compared to Nikki Sixx.

So you were mad that you paid for a show without doing your due diligence beforehand? They make it very clear which tours are for the classics and which are supporting new material.

Goulash said:
I met Bruce dozens of times in the late 80s/early 90s and although he is an amazingly talented bloke and usually comes across as a nice guy in interviews, I must add that I personally love the voice but don't like the man.
What did he do or say for you not to like him?

I don't care about the man or his band in any wider sense, but he has here been stated as arrogant so maybe surname DICKinson is appropriate.

Meanstreak said:
I don't care about the man or his band in any wider sense, but he has here been stated as arrogant so maybe surname DICKinson is appropriate.

You can’t take the dick out of Dickinson:)

Meanstreak said:

You can’t take the dick out of Dickinson:)

Exactly ;)

My dad has told Bruce to "bugger off-you don't know what you're talking about" in relation to a problem on an aircraft my dad was working on, but I still love the man. Best singer Maiden ever had and I love Maiden.

One of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

Why would someone care for what’s the guy like in real life, or what’s his outfit on stage, is beyond me. Its always the music that matters.

Posted By: RockInPeaceOne of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

Why would someone care for what’s the guy like in real life, or what’s his outfit on stage, is beyond me. Its always the music that matters.

But if like me you absolutely hate his music, his shitty personality is the cherry on top of a colossal shit pie

When I was a kid I saw Maiden a few times at Manchester Apollo. I think for the Powerslave tour, Bruce turned up at the front of house before the gig - it looked like he had just got a train into Manchester as he had a kind of largish bag that had his stuff in slung over his shoulder.

Anyway the touts didn't have a clue who he was and offered him a ticket for his own gig. He kinda freaked out and got in a hell of an argument with them (he didn't have any kind of security around him) Obviously it was so many years ago and my memory is hazy, but I think he almost got in a fight..it was really heated.

Anyway, I always thought that he was quite cool for doing that (even the way he showed up at the gig)

As I grew older, and I didn't think of people as cool just cos they fought an 8 foot monster on a stage, Bruce faded very much into the shadow of Brian for so many reasons (nothing to do with the music). Which is why I would love Brian to do a book tour, and I couldn't give a toss to see Bruce on his tour.

Posted By: BillyBollocksPosted By: RockInPeaceOne of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

But if like me you absolutely hate his music, his shitty personality is the cherry on top of a colossal shit pie

I see your point:) It's like the opposite for me. I never bothered to go and see his "what does this button do" show in Sofia in 2019, but I love Maiden and I love his solo work and there's never been a moment of hesitation whenever the band shows up in this part of the world:)

Great singer, great band. Maybe he’s a cunt, I couldn’t care less.

Most people missed the point I was trying to make.
Ive seen Maiden about 12/13 times live all in the 1980s.
Great band back then with great albums
But doesnt change the fact hes a prick of a man who lives in the past.
The sooner the butchers apron is a thing of the past the better :)

ToiletWallPoet 7 hours ago
Posted By: MADAXEMAN
He's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

So you were mad that you paid for a show without doing your due diligence beforehand? They make it very clear which tours are for the classics and which are supporting new material.

Think your missing the point mate!

Nobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

Maiden had a new album Brave New World and were touring on the back of that.

It was the way he spoke to his own die hard fans that was the issue and let me tell you plenty of them were not happy.

Still a Prick !!

Posted By: MADAXEMANToiletWallPoet 7 hours ago
Posted By: MADAXEMAN

Think your missing the point mate!

Nobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

Maiden had a new album Brave New World and were touring on the back of that.

It was the way he spoke to his own die hard fans that was the issue and let me tell you plenty of them were not happy.

Still a Prick !!

When I've seen them, I've always had the impression that he doesn't actually like or respect his/the band's own fans. Seen them plenty (festivals mainly), but they're really not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom