• Welcome to the new ACDCfans.net forum

Existing member? - You may need to reset your password. Use the 'forgot your password' link in the 'Log in' form to do this. You will need to enter your registered email address. If you have trouble logging in, send an email to

Best overtone solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkberg

what solo that includes overtones is the best, according to yourself?

my personal fav is the Sin City solo
=2m

I like that one overtone in the Stiff Upper Lip solo at 2:18

watch

Last edited:
Can never pick just one...So many great ones. I like your pick with Sin City. It really just comes at you. SUL is a good one too. UTMNIY is comes out pretty well, in a bluesy way.

Weird how in the many years of playing guitar I don't know the term "overtones" - quick Google and it looks like we're talking about artificial or 'pinch' harmonics, is that correct?

If so, one word:

DANGER!

Posted By: 900Weird how in the many years of playing guitar I don't know the term "overtones" - quick Google and it looks like we're talking about artificial or 'pinch' harmonics, is that correct?

If so, one word:

DANGER!

If it's pinch harmonics, Hell's Bells for me.

Jem said:
Danger solo is a killer.

Yeah it's fucking cool. I loved his tone in the 80s - awesome sound. And with just the right amount of reverb.

Listened to TRE, and realized If You Dare has an awesome part. Gave me goosebumps.
1:37-1:47

Totally agree with that one - brilliant. This bit with the harmonics nicely separates the other parts of the solo.

There's some really fast, neat, classic Angus runs in there. Not heard that style since, ironically - I can't think of a single solo since then which captures that style, and yet that was his style for so many years.

I like the song a lot as well, nice end to the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom