[ Sign In | Register ]

Can you imagine if John Coghlan had replaced Phil in '83?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 6th 2020

Posted By: mutt_langes_permCan you imagine if John Coghlan had replaced Phil in '83?
    Great drummer with immensly swinging shuffle. Unfortunately ac/dc songs hardly have a shuffle drum rhythm. Well...most of the time
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permCan you imagine if John Coghlan had replaced Phil in '83?
    Great drummer with immensly swinging shuffle. Unfortunately ac/dc songs hardly have a shuffle drum rhythm. Well...most of the time

And he would have had to lose the skinny red leather new wave tie!
    Thankass wrote: "Cliff FOTW US tour:"

The Miami Vice Don Johnson 80's look!
    • AC/DC rock music: 44
    • Nov 6th 2020

John Coghlan is great and would have been a great fit for AC/DC! Status Quo rocks
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Nov 6th 2020

IJohn Coghlan is great and would have been a great fit for AC/DC! Status Quo rocks

Wonder if he tried out for them in 83?
    •  
    • Nov 6th 2020

Posted By: 71SGIJohn Coghlan is great and would have been a great fit for AC/DC! Status Quo rocks

Wonder if he tried out for them in 83?
    He was available at the time
    •  
    • Nov 6th 2020

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

And he would have had to lose the skinny red leather new wave tie!
    You must love his perm?
    •  
    • Nov 6th 2020

No picture but video.

•  
    • Nov 6th 2020 edited

The church's organ:

And after it burned down:

• AC/DC rock music: NYC
    • Nov 7th 2020

In that photo with the boomerang, Angus looks like the feral child from Road Warrior.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: ThankassNo picture but video.

Cripes, how powerful does Shake Your Foundations sound when it just comes in out of the blue like that, during a chorus! Max testosterone period AC/DC.

Angus snaps into quite an articulate mode when there's something serious to talk about. I always found these court cases (I think Judas Priest were put through the mill) fucking insane. Even if someone did want to write from a devil's or murderer's perspective, it's art isn't it? Just because one deranged lunatic takes influence, you can't shut it down?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: 900Even if someone did want to write from a devil's or murderer's perspective, it's art isn't it?

Yes, those "accusations" were always ridiculous. According to that logic, Hitchcock wouldn't have been "allowed" to do like 90% of his movies. Nonsense.
    Like there wasn't something wrong with those people/serial killers *long before* they encountered a "piece of art that inspired them" (allegedly).

Sociopaths like that would *always* find something that inspires them. If they find nothing else, it might just be something as harmless as a candy commercial.
    • Nov 8th 2020

^Exactly, DrBelford. Stupid stuff.

And annoying for bands anyway when there really wasn't that sort of meaning in a song to start with. You can use imagery, analogies without it being taken literally, FFS!
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020 edited

Posted By: 900And annoying for bands anyway when there really wasn't that sort of meaning in a song to start with. You can use imagery, analogies without it being taken literally, FFS!

Yep. Charles Manson claimed "Helter Skelter" by the Beatles inspired him. And furthermore claimed the text was "coded".

If one takes the "coded message" into consideration, no one could write *anything* at all, because anybody can come along I claim there's a "hidden, coded message".
    So even "harmless" lyrics wouldn't be safe from such interpretation by lunatics.

As I said, if that would set the parameters for what is "allowed" to be written, *nothing* would be allowed. Insane nonsense.
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: DrBelfordIf one takes the "coded message" into consideration, no one could write *anything* at all, because anybody can come along I claim there's a "hidden, coded message".

Too true. Next we'll have someone from D'Addario coming out and assassinating AC/DC due to the subliminal "play Ernie Ball" messages in Play Ball!!
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

^Hahaha, yes, people *find* something, if they just *want* to find something.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: DrBelford^Hahaha, yes, people *find* something, if they just *want* to find something.
    Well i read in some of the spoiler threads that PU could be seen as a concept album about erection problems. Talking about *finding* something in the lyrics :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 8th 2020

This is painful to watch. You’ve got to be either a complete moron or a malicious cunt or most probably both of them to even think that a song is responsible for leading someone to commit homicides.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: 900

Cripes, how powerful does Shake Your Foundations sound when it just comes in out of the blue like that, during a chorus! Max testosterone period AC/DC.

Angus snaps into quite an articulate mode when there's something serious to talk about. I always found these court cases (I think Judas Priest were put through the mill) fucking insane. Even if someone did want to write from a devil's or murderer's perspective, it's art isn't it? Just because one deranged lunatic takes influence, you can't shut it down?

This whole PMRC thing that went down back then is a fucking shame.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Rocco, are your lyrics PMRC proof?
    a pic i had taken of malcolms guitars...backstage 1988
    smart
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: ThankassRocco, are your lyrics PMRC proof?

I fucking hope not!
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: Rocco

I fucking hope not!
    Do you have some examples of it?
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

I fucking hope not!

Lyrics specifically written by me or by my band in general (cause probably about 75 percent are written by our singer and the rest by me)?
    Posted By: the flash inbetweena pic i had taken of malcolms guitars...backstage 1988
    smart

Wow cool! Tell us your backstage story. And do you have some more backstage pics?
    Posted By: AC/DC-ROCKER
    Posted By: the flash inbetweena pic i had taken of malcolms guitars...backstage 1988
    smart

Wow cool! Tell us your backstage story. And do you have some more backstage pics?

it was the buyv..tour when they had a few angus lookalikes on stage for the opening number who made who.posted a few pics here before me and the band.was about to have my pic taken sitting on the bell but security went mental....on that tour it came up from the stage.....yeah a great night except for the twat who stole the guitar i had signed by the whole band...but hey ho long time ago they had the hell bells bar also on that tour kinda cool...a full pub.also remember tommy vance(late night rock dj)here in the uk..what a arse went to say hell he totally fucking ignored me..i mutterd a few fuck you. the band were great simon gave a drumstick each (still have it)but he soon left the room as nobody realy spoke to him. good chats with brian and malcolm angus didnt stay long either.cliff was laid back willing to chat
    this is the cut out from the paper...not very clear remember its 32 yrs old.....lol
    smart
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

I fucking hope not!

Lyrics specifically written by me or by my band in general (cause probably about 75 percent are written by our singer and the rest by me)?
    Both?
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

I fucking hope not!

Both?

From the song Like Lucifer (lyrics written by our singer):
    My sister fell in love with me
    How could she dare resist
    The judges givin‘ me a sigh
    Cannot convict this handsome guy
    I’m makin‘ whiskey out of wine,
    Cause I’m the better host
    Go through the front door when I stray
    Don't care her boy's not out to play

Don't yell my father's name
    This time he's not the one to blame
    Sparking desires ev'ry day
    I love to let you go astray

I'm like Lucifer
    Irresistable
    I'm like Lucifer
    Your best drug by far

And these are from the song Marvelous Butcher Maid (lyrics written by me. I managed to sneak in a little nod to AC/DC in the second verse lol):
    You and your sister
    So sweet and sinister
    Sneaking into my life
    Slice after slice
    Chapped cold lips
    Bloodsoaked finger tips
    Georgeous little miss
    With a deadly kiss

Marvelous Butcher Maid
    I have something on my plate
    My friends say you’re a little creepy
    But I think I could love you deeply
    Marvelous Butcher Maid

Me and my dogs
    Sure like your chops
    I’ll feast on you tonite
    Bite after bite
    Stereo moan and groan
    Stirs me to the bone
    Suspended animation
    Waiting for salvation
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

You're a man of the sexy time!
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

Posted By: ThankassYou're a man of the sexy time!

LOL. We also cover other issues like drinking, killing, animals, paranoia and conspiracy theories.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

LOL. We also cover other issues like drinking, killing, animals, paranoia and conspiracy theories.
    How are you able to write your lyrics with a straight jacket on?
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2020

How are you able to write your lyrics with a straight jacket on?

I guess it's more difficult to sing 'em with a straight face ;-)
    Posted By: the flash inbetween
    Posted By: AC/DC-ROCKER
    smart

it was the buyv..tour when they had a few angus lookalikes on stage for the opening number who made who.posted a few pics here before me and the band.was about to have my pic taken sitting on the bell but security went mental....on that tour it came up from the stage.....yeah a great night except for the twat who stole the guitar i had signed by the whole band...but hey ho long time ago they had the hell bells bar also on that tour kinda cool...a full pub.also remember tommy vance(late night rock dj)here in the uk..what a arse went to say hell he totally fucking ignored me..i mutterd a few fuck you. the band were great simon gave a drumstick each (still have it)but he soon left the room as nobody realy spoke to him. good chats with brian and malcolm angus didnt stay long either.cliff was laid back willing to chat
    this is the cut out from the paper...not very clear remember its 32 yrs old.....lol
    smart

Haha cool story! But what A asshole that stole your signed guitar.
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2020

Recording of RnR Damnation, june 1978 Top Of The Pops

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 17th 2020

Me and 3 members of Geordie II at Heaton Buffs on 8th October 2001.

Great pic Goulash. You sure it’s not the Bodega bar, next to Tyne Theatre?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 17th 2020

Posted By: Geordie_boot_boyGreat pic Goulash. You sure it’s not the Bodega bar, next to Tyne Theatre?

You're right mate, it was the Bodega Bar. I had a red Liverpool football shirt on at the Heaton Buffs gig. Liverpool had beaten Newcastle a few days earlier.
    Posted By: Goulash
    Posted By: Geordie_boot_boyGreat pic Goulash. You sure it’s not the Bodega bar, next to Tyne Theatre?

You're right mate, it was the Bodega Bar. I had a red Liverpool football shirt on at the Heaton Buffs gig. Liverpool had beaten Newcastle a few days earlier.

Ah good stuff. Aye that will be typical Newcastle losing to Liverpool. Great pub Bodega, our per match haunt and lovely real ales and cracking atmosphere.
    • AC/DC rock music: AC77DC
    • Nov 18th 2020