[ Sign In | Register ]

If anyone is a capable its you^ you have dug up some gems since I have been here!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: recimo
    • Aug 4th 2015

That's awesome picture from BI tour. I don't know if I said it, but this is great thread!
    Can anyone explain the below pictures:

Angus running around alone with an open bottle of Jack.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Aug 4th 2015 edited

Posted By: recimo
    Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: carolinareaper
    Posted By: Rosie78What is his status, anybody know? Think I read somewhere that he was dead or something..

Long dead - lung cancer - 1997

I've read this before - any sources where it was verified?

I think I saw an interview with Ang talking about that or I read it somewhere but it was definetely Angus talking about it... If I remember I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: Rosie78What is his status, anybody know? Think I read somewhere that he was dead or something..

Long dead - lung cancer - 1997

I've read this before - any sources where it was verified?

Nothing official - lots of mentions if you google it - though no real reference source to be honest.

He has a son called Alex apparently but no info on him that i can find.

The only "source" I ever found was some AC/DC fan magazine from the early 2000s I think. But they didn't say where the info came from. Might've been the same one where there's an interview with Mal, and when he was about to sign someone's Fly record, he asked who one signature belonged to, and the fan said "Simon", and Mal replied "I ain't putting my name near that!", or something to that effect.
    Great stuff, everyone
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Saik0
    • Aug 5th 2015

Pics of both Brian and Angus wearing Bolton Wanderers sweatshirts in this thread now.. Whats up with this?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 5th 2015

Posted By: Saik0Pics of both Brian and Angus wearing Bolton Wanderers sweatshirts in this thread now.. Whats up with this?

Back in the early '80s the then manager of Bolton Wanderers was a big fan of the band and took the team to a gig to show them what hard work was all about. They met the band and I guess the shirts were gifts.

Not sure if it was the same guy, but Bolton also had a goalkeeper once that played Malcolm in a tribute band.
    • AC/DC rock music: Jakke
    • Aug 5th 2015 edited

edit: How do I upload some pictures here, guys? I have uploaded them on photobucket, but I don't know how to insert them here...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 5th 2015 edited

Posted By: flattusmaximusCan anyone explain the below pictures:

Angus running around alone with an open bottle of Jack.
    What the fuck is this? Think this should be Day on the Green in Oakland in '78 or '79. Angus' got balls just walking through this freaks! Probably getting Bon a bottle of Jack
    Good call! Def late 70's America, looks to be atleast.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Aug 5th 2015

Posted By: azelNot sure if it was the same guy, but Bolton also had a goalkeeper once that played Malcolm in a tribute band.

Don't think it was the same guy. The goalkeeper is Keith Branagan, and he was a member of DC/79. Incidentally, he was also the coach of the football team that I was in at school!
    That 88 pic of Simon and Bri is a fave for me idk why, just love the era i guess

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Stiff
    • Aug 6th 2015

//dunno if this has been posted before

Posted By: Stiff//dunno if this has been posted before

Good thing Dave quit when he did....

Mal had just phoned Bon and told him he had him a job,providing he could "take care of" their current "singer."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: MalGal
    • Aug 6th 2015

Hee Hee!
    •  
    • Aug 7th 2015

with Simon Kirke and Dee Schneider:

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rosie78
    • Aug 7th 2015 edited

Hehehe, Simon & Brian looks like a couple of delinquents, posing with the airrifle and the frizzy hair.

Great stuff, all the pics are new to me :)
    •  
    • Aug 7th 2015

WOW. past 8 posts are PRIME. anyone know if Bri and Simon were extra close? like maybe closer than any of the others towards simon? I tend to see a lot more pics of them together, usually in very friendly poses.
    •  
    • Aug 7th 2015

I think Brian knew what it ment to be the new boy and therefor took Simon under his belt.
    Brian was 16 years older and it must have felt like being a father to him.
    Posted By: ThankassI think Brian knew what it ment to be the new boy and therefor took Simon under his belt.

LOL! I think Brian took him under his wing. "Under his belt" could mean something else though...
    •  
    • Aug 7th 2015

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ThankassI think Brian knew what it ment to be the new boy and therefor took Simon under his belt.

LOL! I think Brian took him under his wing. "Under his belt" could mean something else though...
    Oops... hahaha
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Aug 8th 2015

Nice to see Brian having a blast of Defender! Wickedly difficult game.

The one in black and white - Brian (and the whole scene) looks like something out of Goodfellas!
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Aug 8th 2015

Wonder if that was his inspiration for the Space Defender line in Brain Shake
    Good shout^^

Makes you wonder, it very well could be.

http://iconicpix.pho...
    check these out, 1997

fat ozzy

im a huge tom petty fan too

Very good! Who is Mike Love lol?
    •  
    • Aug 10th 2015

I think Mike is also ac/dc
    •  
    • Aug 10th 2015

You mean AC/DC in the real sense of the word? (e.g he likes members from both sexes?)
    If so, interesting....xD
    •  
    • Aug 10th 2015

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Brian used to give him a walloping with his belt S&M style, bet you didn't know that about him, ey?
    (some members of AC/DC really were "AC/DC", know what I mean?) ...xD
    Posted By: ThankassI think Mike is also ac/dc
    Looking back with love, I can now see that!
    I think Mike Love was /is a member of the Beach Boys

This one's awesome! Does anyone have it without the water mark?

Also, this one.. wtf!!!

^Oops wrong Young! Classic.