[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Oct 17th 2014 edited

Been listening to WMW lately, D.T. and Chase The Ace in particular and developed a serious longing for a whole kickass ninja instrumental album. Those two tracks prove it might be a promising concept.
    Perhaps when Beano can't do his thing anymore. Perhaps when they're done with touring for good. Any thoughts, any desires?
    Nah, nowadays, with Malcolm gone and Phil too (mostly), Brian is what makes me smile.

I find a lot of joy in listening how the old fucker sounds different in every album (Black Ice and maybe ROR being the exception).

DT and Chase the Ace are alright, but they´re not game changers neither.
    • Oct 17th 2014

So like, Brian or end of game? Poor Ang will spend the rest of his days noodling endless solos on the couch for himself and/or Ellen?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Oct 17th 2014 edited

Look,

before Mal got sick I could easily picture the Young brothers doing bluesy solo albums, with different singers, maybe Brian in a few of the songs, with a different monicker other than "AC/DC".

But now, what´s the point? Malcolm can´t do it anymore, Angus will just fade away and keep livin' .
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Oct 17th 2014

Can't think of much less appealing
    • Oct 17th 2014

well Mal got sick and they are doing a full blown album and tour. don't quite understand why you rule out an instrumental album due to this since you were ok with the idea prior to Mal out.
    doesn't have to be a gamechanger. just something to relax to, the same but bit different. dunno, I got really hooked on D.T. and CTA and have this fantasy now.
    •  
    • Oct 17th 2014 edited

Posted By: marcinhawell Mal got sick and they are doing a full blown album and tour. don't quite understand why you rule out an instrumental album due to this since you were ok with the idea prior to Mal out.
    doesn't have to be a gamechanger. just something to relax to, the same but bit different. dunno, I got really hooked on D.T. and CTA and have this fantasy now.

The fact Angus is going ahead with this new album and tour is, to me, totally unbelievable. Probably he´s doing it to honor his brother.

When all that is done, that´s it. I mean, after 40 years we haven´t seen the Youngs doing much besides the DC, have we? They´re not like Brian, Brian gets asked to sing at some concert and he does it. He loves that stuff. The Youngs have never been like that.

I hope I´m wrong and there are a lot of Angus solo albums coming our way...but, doubtly.
    I would love this to happen.Not least because some of those lyrics make me cringe.I love the music and the groove that only AC/DC have though.I could listen to Gone Shootin from that VH1 show for hours at a time.
    Wasn´t Mutt Lange who said sometimes it was a pity to add vocals to those songs?

I don´t necessarily agree with that, but it's not happening anyway.
    • Oct 17th 2014

Posted By: BallToucherWhen all that is done, that´s it. I mean, after 40 years we haven´t seen the Youngs doing much besides the DC, have we?

we haven't. but on the other hand playing 'geeetar' is what the Youngs do. hope dies last.
    • Oct 17th 2014

Posted By: BallToucherWasn´t Mutt Lange who said sometimes it was a pity to add vocals to those songs?

No idea, but obviously I'm not the only one with such fantasies..
    •  
    • Oct 17th 2014 edited

Hey, I totally agree.

Maybe Angus and Stevie get the itch a few years down the road and put something together!

But bet your money on Brian doing guest vocals in the next Jackyl album, or that thing about Camels with Cliff.

What about a Brian solo album?

Can you imagine the amount of super star guests he would have?

But also Brian will be like 70 when the next tour is done. I guess he´ll just relax and enjoy what good years he´d still have on him and do his racing stuff, which he seems lo love. Bless the old bastard :)
    • Oct 17th 2014 edited

Posted By: BallToucherMaybe Angus and Stevie get the itch a few years down the road and put something together!

that's exactly what I had in mind when starting this thread.

Posted By: BallToucherBut bet your money on Brian doing guest vocals in the next Jackyl album, or that thing about Camels with Cliff.

What about a Brian solo album?

To be honest I never ever appreciated any works of a singer going solo. Sting and Robert Plant are my favorite examples of that disappreciation. Michael Jackson is perhaps the exception :)
    I just don't think anyone is going to play anything appropriate or good enough for the bugger Brian. Or maybe it's just that everything in this music field is, after AC/DC is just too ordinary and generic.

But I really do like the one you folks wanted to dismiss from BI, Rock And Roll Dream. I love it. It just lacks a Ride On kind of solo. It would be the Ride On of the Brian era perhaps.

Posted By: BallToucherBless the old bastard :)

Bless him!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: usul
    • Oct 19th 2014

Iggy Pop is another exception.

An instrumental album would be nice.

I really like Can't Hold Me Back and Can't Stand Still. Thought (wished) AC/DC might start doing more stuff like this. Would rather like to have some AC/DC blues albums. Only AC/DC could sound like AC/DC playing the blues.
    • AC/DC rock music: Bullyson
    • Oct 19th 2014

Chase The Ace is a fucking killer instrumental. The drive is great. I'd love for them to put lyrics to it.
    • Oct 19th 2014

Posted By: usulIggy Pop is another exception.

yes indeed!

Posted By: usulWould rather like to have some AC/DC blues albums. Only AC/DC could sound like AC/DC playing the blues.

That wouldn't work at all. Once AC/DC is over careerwise, Angus and Stevie can chop away some blues DC style.
    • Oct 19th 2014

Posted By: BullysonChase The Ace is a fucking killer instrumental. The drive is great. I'd love for them to put lyrics to it.

bit ironic :)
    • AC/DC rock music: Bullyson
    • Oct 19th 2014

That's my middle name :))
    AC/DC shouldn't do instrumentals.
    • Oct 20th 2014

^ why the fuck not?
    AC/DC should do schlager music.
    • Oct 20th 2014

very funny..
    Yes, I am glad you thought so, that it was very funny, Mr. marchina. Instrumental schlager at that...
    • Oct 20th 2014

Would you see Joe Dassin doing some whistling, if it wasn't too late for him?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Oct 20th 2014 edited

Good question, Mr. Marchina, I think so. Hypothetically, if it was not sold out. But it could possibly have been solved with online fan-club membership..I love the "Information Age".

Nice:

• Oct 20th 2014

lovely stuff.
    Posted By: marcinhalovely stuff.

Yes, I cannot do anything but wholeheartedly agree. Very nice together with dry sherry, too.
    • Oct 20th 2014

gonna cut some roses and light candles myself this evening.
    • Oct 20th 2014

oh, wow, havn't seen that before!
    Proves how good they are as a rhythm section.
    It lies in the groove...
    • Oct 20th 2014

I sure need no additional proving to aknowledge those two facts, sir!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Oct 20th 2014

Terrible idea. Brian, and Bon before him, is part of the whole charm of the band. I love playing AC/DC records loud and singing my heart out to them, and enjoy this pleasure even more in a live setting. DT and CTA are the biggest piles of filler the band ever made IMO, and I certainly don't want to see any more instrumentals from them.
    • Oct 20th 2014

Fair enough. But I didn't have in mind 'do instrumental, instead of ROB' or something. More like when it's all over, bed time, you know. DT is a cool little flick, but CTA kicks ass, IMO.
    Posted By: PodTerrible idea. Brian, and Bon before him, is part of the whole charm of the band. I love playing AC/DC records loud and singing my heart out to them, and enjoy this pleasure even more in a live setting. DT and CTA are the biggest piles of filler the band ever made IMO, and I certainly don't want to see any more instrumentals from them.

DT is a great tune to groove on, much better than other fillers like Lets Make It, Danger, Rockin all the way...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Foeller
    • Oct 20th 2014

You know what I'd prefer to an instrumental album: An acoustic one. Well, an acoustic live album/video that is. Queens of the Stone Age is one of my favorite bands, and I really enjoy watching them perform their songs in stripped down acoustic versions. It'd be amazing to see the same with AC/DC. Of course not all songs would be suited for the purpose, but as we saw on Howard Stern, You Shook Me All Night Long worked perfectly. I'm sure they could find 15 songs and play an intimate acoustic set. What I wouldn't give to see that.
    • Oct 20th 2014 edited

^ everyone has some kind of fetishes ;)

I can't picture that tbh, because the whole appeal lies in the overdriven power which is an immanent feature of both the sound and the writing.
    It's more about how the songs sound rather than the songs on their own. that's why I think wouldn't work.
    You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't rather hear DT and Chase The Ace with vocals on them? AC/DC without the words is boring
    • Oct 21st 2014

honestly...