[ Sign In | Register ]

Just refound this rocker. It's was just so unbeliveable feeling when this song turned out to be next track released from Black Ice. I'd say this is their rawest and heaviest song since TRE-era. Especially drum and bass parts are just so groovy and heavy, you just gotta get into the rhyhtm. And then the catchy chorus and even ANGUS fucking singing. This track is really like modern day T.N.T to me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Aug 30th 2014

I don't post on these song threads usually, but this made me think..."is this the washing machine song"? Yes it is....listen to the start, the drums sound like somebody hitting a hot tub. Who thought that was a good idea?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 31st 2014

I don't like the drums either. Just sound dead.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Aug 31st 2014

Could have been an epic track. Needs some proper vocal structures on the verses (not just lyrics, which yet again, are absolute fucking crap), a 3rd verse, longer solos etc... It's a good track but what might have been....
    •  
    • Aug 31st 2014

The lyrics on this almost make sense, a little tweak here and there and they would have been passable. Spot on with the solo comment this song is crying out for an extended solo.
    Posted By: DC/79I don't post on these song threads usually, but this made me think..."is this the washing machine song"? Yes it is....listen to the start, the drums sound like somebody hitting a hot tub. Who thought that was a good idea?

Never thought of it like that but listened back and you're spot on.

It's a better track off BI, but could have been meaner/more menacing. Came across decent live, apart from horrendous cartoon vid tho!
    • AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Sep 1st 2014 edited

Let it go people, you're trying to get a cow down a stairway, it don't work. The last proper DC album was FOTW, like it or not. You can extend that to BUYV if you really need to and throw in a few gems from RE, but the rest is just plain fucking boring. Stiff Upper Lip is the last sensible DC track.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Sep 1st 2014 edited

Posted By: marcinhaLet it go people, you're trying to get a cow down a stairway, it don't work. The last proper DC album was FOTW, like it or not. You can extend that to BUYV if you really need to and throw in a few gems from RE, but the rest is just plain fucking boring. Stiff Upper Lip is the last sensible DC track.

Bollocks. Ballbreaker was fucking fantastic, and was the last real 'DC album imo.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 1st 2014

Bb was a good one. Don't up with the best, but a killer compared to most Dc albums after -83. Sul, can anyone recall if it had more than two good songs? Other than the title song and Sb that is.
    Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: marcinhaLet it go people, you're trying to get a cow down a stairway, it don't work. The last proper DC album was FOTW, like it or not. You can extend that to BUYV if you really need to and throw in a few gems from RE, but the rest is just plain fucking boring. Stiff Upper Lip is the last sensible DC track.

Bollocks. Ballbreaker was fucking fantastic, and was the last real 'DC album imo.

Ballbreaker kicks major ass.
    • Sep 1st 2014

I took the liberty to examin BB this evening ...and I must admit that it made FOTW a killer... only if it sounded like BB..

We'll have to agree to disagree.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Sep 1st 2014

Love it as I do BI in general. Yes'ah!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Sep 1st 2014 edited

Posted By: SpellboundBollocks. Ballbreaker was fucking fantastic, and was the last real 'DC album imo.

I just love when someone thinks clearly.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Sep 1st 2014

Yup, I kinda thought that Bbreaker was a bit naah, but I gave it a twirl a couple of months back and it is good. Title track, The Fuhrer(ode to Hitler?) and Burning alive especially are acdc classics. I tried SUL too, can't get that to work for me, prefer BI over it any day all year long.
    Posted By: CliffFIN I tried SUL too, can't get that to work for me

I can't get it to work for me either.
    Best song from BI. Only one with true balls. Love to hear it back in the set.
    • Sep 2nd 2014

Posted By: AngusRudd1019

Ballbreaker kicks major ass.

are you comparing it to Sting? ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 3rd 2014

Wm, could have been a good song if it was good. Starting with a melody...
    Honestly when it dropped as the second single for Black Ice it pumped me up,thought it was really creative and full of energy, Phil was smashing away and the song had nice thudding bass line and the song was of a darker tone than the stuff they'd been putting out as of late.

Suffers from being too short,but I always thought of it as Hail Caesar and Given The Dog A Bone's bastard love child, also one of the few on the album with fairly decent lyrics. (I said fairly) In comparison to other songs on the record, it is pretty decent.

Was good live too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: RuddRocks
    • Nov 4th 2014

Best song on the album!
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 4th 2014 edited

Very Nice song...Penalized by too clean producion
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Nov 4th 2014

Filler
    Never got the love for this song. To me it sounds dull and uninspired. A Hail Caesar and Givin The Dog A Bone wanna-be
    Posted By: matirockerA Hail Caesar and Givin The Dog A Bone wanna-be

Haven't you heard? It's their love child!

Honestly, when I first heard it, I thought it was an OK track. I wasn't sold on the backing vocals, and I kept thinking of Kiss' War Marchine...

But when I first heard it live, I loved it! I found it really worked well in a live setting, unlike Anything Goes for example. And I really like the lyrics. What's wrong with them? Not enough sexual innuendos?

Agree that WM needs a longer solo. It's just begging for it at the end! I don't know what BOB and the boys were thinking there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BoogieMan
    • Nov 4th 2014

I thought it was fantastic live; I remember it REALLY going off at the Brisbane show I attended on the last tour. Easily the Black Ice track that received the most love from the punters that night.

The album version could have been finished off, but it does have the distinction if being one of the 3-4 Black Ice tracks with coherent lyrics.
    Posted By: BoogieMan
    The album version could have been finished off, but it does have the distinction if being one of the 3-4 Black Ice tracks with coherent lyrics.

THIS. Love Brian's phrasing on "Calling a high command" and "I'm like a bird of prey". The 1st verse's lyrics aren't so hot though.
    • Nov 4th 2014

Good but not amazing. Better on BI than LARP.

Some of the limited vocal lines (the lyrics and short, meaningless phrases) spoil what could have been a really great song.

Someone on here said an interesting thing; it sounds like the whole band feel a little trapped, unable to cut loose (or similar).

Good track, not the best on BI.
    ALWAYS THOUGHT THE BEST LYRIC in there should have bee "only the dead know the score" simple but would make more sense
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: HAL 9000
    • Nov 4th 2014

If you don't like WM.... than I don't know what to say. The song kicks major ass and would have fit right beside songs on BIB. "Too Short", "Lame Lyrics", "Uninspired", Arrangement could be better, Hail Caezers bastard child?!! Geez, what more do you want from the boyz.... ketchup on the side?
    • Nov 4th 2014

Posted By: HAL 9000what more do you want from the boyz.... ketchup on the side?

No need for ketchup thanks, HAL 9000. 'Yes please' to decent lyrics and a longer arrangement.
    •  
    • Nov 4th 2014

Posted By: AcesHigh10ALWAYS THOUGHT THE BEST LYRIC in there should have bee "only the dead know the score" simple but would make more sense

My thoughts exactly.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Nov 5th 2014

Weak as nun's piss. Can't believe it was played constantly on the DOBI tour
    I like those menacing background vocals, typically of Malcolm: WAR MACHINE. It's a decent track. Phil's drum roll before the riff kicks in is great.