[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Jun 17th 2014

Have DC ever f**ked up on stage, ever?
    For me the band represents syncrone timing in everything, but they must have made some mistakes, right?
    My self only know about two scenarios:

Brian doin' Live Wire

Angus' pickup stops working (can blame him, thow)

Anyone who is at knowledge of more misstakes? :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jun 17th 2014 edited

Quite a few times on the DOBI your. The whole band totally fucked up FTATR one gig, and Mal jumped the gun in the beginning of Dog Eat Dog.

Ang has also fluffed the Highway to Hell riff a couple times. Mal's hit a few dud chords over the years too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Jun 17th 2014

and this:

About 1:00 in. Looks like Brian forgot about the 2nd verse
    Many a time. It's fucking Rock n' Roll FFS
    Wow Brian fucks up YSMANL really bad there! never saw that before
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Jun 17th 2014 edited

At 1:56 Phil screws up by playing the drum fill to signal the band to go to the B too early, causing Angus to screw up.
    I know that there's pro-shot of this but it's not on Youtube

At 2:36 Angus accidentally plays the double-stop fill in the solo 6 times instead of 5 like it should be, but he covers it up pretty well considering the pressure on him with the large audience and such. I doubt that casual fans or non-guitarists would even notice this one
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jun 17th 2014

Seen YouTube footage of Angus completely ballsing up BIB in the states on the early leg of the BI tour.

And Thunderstruck sounded terrible to my ears in Hannover, but that could have been the German beer and the Jack Daniels
    It's happened a few times, but largely they are very spot in live.

Brian sang the same verse twice in a version of Have A Drink on me I've heard before, (he did this often in the early 80's)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jun 17th 2014

Thank God they screw up sometimes rather than be technical monkeys. They're the shit, the real deal.

Hard to hear since this isn't the best version, but it's there. At :11.

4:00. Courtesy of AngusRudd from an old convo we had.

Also courtesy of AngusRudd. This is the Dog Eat Dog one, right at the beginning of the song, before the verse.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jun 17th 2014 edited

There was a bunch other in a thread I made a couple years ago (fuck me, have I been here that long?), almost every single video was taken down. Only video that stayed up is the above one (mistake at 2:20 btw) and the Budapest video posted with YSMANL.

Old post about this stuff:
    http://www.acdcfans....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 17th 2014

Posted By: azelSeen YouTube footage of Angus completely ballsing up BIB in the states on the early leg of the BI tour.

And Thunderstruck sounded terrible to my ears in Hannover, but that could have been the German beer and the Jack Daniels

I think Thunderstruck has sounded terrible since 1996!
    •  
    • Jun 17th 2014

The problem with Thunderstruck is that it's a very up tempo song and Angus can't keep up with the beat since TRE tour. Also, the song happens to be in the key of B, and that's very high for any singer, again Brian can't nail it since TRE tour. I really love this song, imo it's a masterpiece but because of these flaws they should drop it now, unfortunately they won't since it's a general "fan" favorite.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jun 17th 2014

Brian announced black ice as the next song in Berlin after it had already been played. Imagine our delight....
    •  
    • Jun 17th 2014

Posted By: PodBrian announced black ice as the next song in Berlin after it had already been played. Imagine our delight....

Hahahaha....priceless!
    •  
    • Jun 17th 2014

Rosiecrefused to inflate at donington and Brian's script didn't account for that. Awkward silence followed
    LOL. Did he announce Black Ice right after it was played? Or was it a couple songs after?
    •  
    • Jun 17th 2014

Coupl of songs later if I remember correctly. Carlos was next to me and he usually remembers stuff better than me. It was 4 yes ago and I am an old git.

Although Carlos is older to be fair
    I think Malcolm was the most surprised