[ Sign In | Register ]

Listened to this on the way to work this morning - brilliant, just brilliant. Bon sounds pissed as a fart, but he delivers as always. The Jack's breakdown is superb, HAABPTB is awesome, Live Wire is one of the best openers ever, Rosie rocks like a beast. The whole thing sizzles and cooks... Thoughts?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 22nd 2009 edited

"Who handed out the beer?" :)

Probably my most listened album by the boys

Jem - it's one of my most listened, too. I love it, it is simply awesome. Imagine comparing it to "AC/DC Live". It just wouldn't be fair, would it?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Oct 22nd 2009

Oh fuck yes. One of my first bootlegs ever, before it became an official release. Absolutely killer
    Killer diller. What else can be said? AWESOME
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Oct 22nd 2009

I can listen to this all day long. I love the way that the music isnt shoved at you with volume like most live albums. It sounds like the way the way the band should've been seen in the early days. If only. If only.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Oct 22nd 2009

Got the original promo LP of this and it's my favourite record in my collection - brilliant, brilliant and brilliant

Awesome record.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BFET
    • Oct 22nd 2009

Top recording! Dog Eat Dog is a real menace on here!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Landslide
    • Oct 22nd 2009

I'm ashamed to say that I don't own this.

Is it better than If You Want Blood, the worlds greatest live album?
    "Dog Eat Dog is a real menace on here"

Agreed, great description, BT

Landslide - can't say that it's better or worse - you just have to have it. It's the perfect companion to IYWB
    •  
    • Oct 22nd 2009

Just flat out raw DC! As fine a recording as any. Must own.

Love the energy of the recording - would've been great to be there watching. I think it's some of their finest work.

the best part is during problem child when bon lets out the loud AHHHHHHHHHHH shreik after the solo.

Brilliant record. Raw as fuck. Cliff rehearsal for tour also, wasn't it?
    •  
    • Oct 22nd 2009

Just early Cliff. The Shes Got Balls from Bonfire is Cliffs debut, Bondi Lifesaver 77
    Hey Bonlives how bout a pic of that vinyl?
    Landslide - I'd be happy to burn you a copy and stick it in the post if you want?
    Absolutely brilliant....love the intro by Bon..."We're now on air and we'd like your participation" and then Live Wire kicks in..!!!! Awesome stuff. This is why I wish I was 10 years older and would've had the chance to see them live in the mid/late 1970's.
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

"This is why I wish I was 10 years older and would've had the chance to see them live in the mid/late 1970's."

Couldnt agree with you more. I'd give up 10 years of my life overnight, just to say I saw Bon Scott with AC/DC.

•  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

56 - a pic could be difficult as the LP is under lock and key in Australia, but I may have a snap of it at home - will take a look tonight and post if one exists. The original promo LP is pretty rare (possibly only 500 copies I think I read somewhere - but could be more) and was sent to US radio stations to promote the band in the States. It's been bootlegged many times and they too are hard to come by. I've got a couple of the rarer ones including a splatter vinyl version which from memory is a german pressing.
    • AC/DC rock music: ianbigmac
    • Oct 23rd 2009 edited

I saw Bon a number of times at the Glasgow Apollo but you didn't really appreciate how brilliant he was at the time. Drink and weed saw to that!

•  
    • Oct 23rd 2009 edited

I see some deleting has now gone on, so Im self editing.

Confused?

Envy you loads though.

Thanx. Young and stupid in those days! When you watch the likes of Paris, LTBR video it was just awesome.
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

Who knew. Who knew. Happens to us all I guess. Some mates of mine asked me if I wanted a ticket to Donington MoR in '88. I said I couldnt afford it,  as it would have cost me some serious amounts of beer money for ticket, travel, etc... And anyway I was planning on seeing Maiden at Wemblety Arena at the end of the year, Kiss never floated my boat, DLR didnt seem worth while without EVH and the boys, I wasnt mad keen on Megadeth at the time and Helloween were just a joke werent they? As for GnR, noone really knew who they were that much when tickets went on sale. But hell they knew who they were by the time of the gig. My mates quote it as "the best gig ever" and "effin awesome". Still listen to Appetite now and give myself the occasional kick.

•  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

Well, I got the album, although I had to download it which I hate, I much prefer having the actual CD but ah well. Haven't listened to it yet, I'll wait until everyone's gone to bed and I just lie in my room in the dark with big bassy headphones (Y)

Just to go against the grain in this thread, I have to admit that this album is fucking killer. About as close to perfection as rock music can get.

•  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

Bonlives - a friend of mine has an original Atlantic 77 vinyl copy that he will never ever revisit, sits in staorage at his parents, but he will never sell me. Bastard. I'm guessing your splatter vinyl is a not an official Atlantic promo, just a bootleg? I know there was a Atlantic splatter IYWB
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2009

56 - yeah I couldn't bring myself to part with my copy either - theyre just too hard to come by these days. You can spend months waiting for one to appear on ebay for example, and then miss out... start again!

Came across these pics on my laptop. The multicolour/splatter version is a german bootleg - released in 1985 I think - with a completely different cover. Have also got another bootleg version with silver labels which is also rare.

•  
    • Oct 25th 2009

So I had a listen the album, and the whole thing is just dripping with energy, I love it.

The main thing I found disappointing was that Bon didn't use the live lyrics for The Jack but if it was broadcast for radio then I should have expected it.
    •  
    • Oct 25th 2009

I liked that Bon had a go at the album lyrics for The Jack. Thats what makes it unique by live standards. Just love the people (what sounds like 3 of them lol) singing along to The Jack as well.

Didn't he sing the live lyrics on the Cleveland '77 radio broadcast though?

I think he did, it wasn't in a studio or exactly made for broadcast so no lyric censoring there.
    •  
    • Oct 26th 2009

And its the live version lyrics with a second verse AND the gonerrhea intro....
    "She gave me her heart, she gave me her soul
    And a great big, worn out, empty hole"
    If you dont have the the Cleveland Agora 77 show its just as good as Atlantic Studios with a different setlist
    I think I have it around here somewhere, there are multiple versions of it according to Nate's site, a couple are incomplete with part of Baby, Please and Rocker missing.

Booth, get the one that I've linked to on my boots site, it's a recently surfaced upgraded version taken from an analog reel to reel master... whatever that means? All I know is the sound is absolutely flawless. It's also available on Dimeadozen if you have an account there.

Btw, to be honest I haven't checked out The Jack from Cleveland '77 yet...  I'm eager to hear those lyrics after reading 56's post.

BPDG from the cleveland show is the best version of it out there.

• AC/DC rock music: acdc45
    • Dec 7th 2019

Hello everyone. I have a mint original promo vinyl of this album complete with letter and post card. I also have 3 reprints of the only known photos of the aftershow party. I also started a Facebook group dedicated for this masterpiece as well. Would like owners to join the group. Please answer both questions when requesting to the group as I only want owners in the group. Thank you. The link is as follows https://www.facebook... If you are not on Facebook you can send me pictures of your vinyl to my email and I will post it to my group in your name. Look forward to seeing fellow owners in the group. Here is my email address:
    rodgerjohnson45@gmail.com
    Posted By: ulstersaintListened to this on the way to work this morning - brilliant, just brilliant. Bon sounds pissed as a fart, but he delivers as always. The Jack's breakdown is superb, HAABPTB is awesome, Live Wire is one of the best openers ever, Rosie rocks like a beast. The whole thing sizzles and cooks... Thoughts?

Yes a brilliant live recording of the lads at their best! Love it!! :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: tomscotland
    • Dec 10th 2019 edited

Posted By: acdc45Hello everyone. I have a mint original promo vinyl of this album complete with letter and post card. I also have 3 reprints of the only known photos of the aftershow party. I also started a Facebook group dedicated for this masterpiece as well. Would like owners to join the group. Please answer both questions when requesting to the group as I only want owners in the group. Thank you. The link is as followshttps://www.facebook...If you are not on Facebook you can send me pictures of your vinyl to my email and I will post it to my group in your name. Look forward to seeing fellow owners in the group. Here is my email address:
    rodgerjohnson45@gmail.com

Hi Rodger! It’s Tam Hardie from fb, good ta see ya here.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: RuddRocks
    • Jan 1st 2020 edited

Incredible...Live Wire absolutely smokes