[ Sign In | Register ]

Sounds as close as Bon Scott it gets.

this keeps getting posted it seems...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Elvir79
    • Oct 19th 2014 edited

Folks ,this is like Bon Scott nowdays! Just listen voice in some parts in song!

• AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Oct 19th 2014

I like him of course but he's just a clone. I prefer original voices.
    If Bon had stayed singing for AC/DC I would imagine his voice would progress to sound just like this.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Riekuzz
    • Oct 19th 2014

Great singer! Thats all I can say
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 19th 2014

Impersonator.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Oct 19th 2014 edited

I mean..He has a great voice...But when you hear him you don't say" ahhh It's Storace"...You say:" Who is this guy...sounds totally like Bon"
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Hamps93
    • Oct 19th 2014

Great singer. Hoodoo was an all-thru great album and his voice has always stayed intact. Should've have got more recognision.
    He stated in some interview that he likes AC/DC and understands the comparisons but Bon has never been an actual influence on him, which is something I find hard to believe since he basically sounds just like Bon
    There is no denying that the members of Krokus were not only fans of AC/DC, but that they were trying to emulate them at times. There are some riffs that - and I am not exaggerating here - sound like they were copied from AC/DC. One, and I forget the name of it at the moment... but there is one song that sounds as if AC/DC were actually PLAYING parts of it. No BS. That said, I always did like Krokus because of the similarities.
    Krokus=Biggest AC/DC clones ever.
    They have many songs that are not AC/DC at all: Easy Rocker, Tokyo Nights, Night Wolf, etc. But they have a lot of songs in the same vein as AC/DC. Not anything bad I reckon. I saw them live once and enjoyed the gig.
    Posted By: WholelottatobeKrokus=Biggest AC/DC clones ever.

Like Meanstreak mentioned, they've done other stuff as well. For example, they've done metal:

To be honest though, I like that a lot less than the AC/DC inspired stuff, I think they were much better at that.
    • AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Oct 20th 2014 edited

Posted By: Mutt Lange Is Kingbut there is one song that sounds as if AC/DC were actually PLAYING parts of it.

There's the 'AC/DC G and D'. Use these chords and you immediately start sounding like them. Which is a bit of a bitch actually..
    Krokus are a great band. Their earlier stuff didn´t sound so much as the DC as they do now (Headhunter posted above sounds like an early Painkiller), true. And Marc has been pushing his Bon Scott thing for a while now, but the songs are still very good. That´s why they´ve been here for so long, because they have the songs to back it all up.

I think Headhunter sounds like a Priest song but with none of the character. Whereas on the other hand they were pretty good at doing the AC/DC thing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: TKO
    • Oct 20th 2014

One Vice At A Time is an amazing album and the one where they really went for the DC sound. Ditto Hardware, Hoodoo and Dirty Dynamite. Krokus are great and I've never considered Marc Storace an impersonator. He does sound like Bon though.

If there was no Brian Johnson, Marc Storace is the man I would have put in to replace Bon. No one else would work better, IMO.
    Posted By: TKOOne Vice At A Time is an amazing album and the one where they really went for the DC sound. Ditto Hardware, Hoodoo and Dirty Dynamite. Krokus are great and I've never considered Marc Storace an impersonator. He does sound like Bon though.

I can just hear it. "So go down... go down... go down..."
    • Oct 20th 2014 edited

Posted By: Mutt Lange Is KingIf there was no Brian Johnson, Marc Storace is the man I would have put in to replace Bon. No one else would work better, IMO.

the Bon character is in the right ballpark, but lacks the power of either, I get the impression.
    One Vice At A Time is one of my all time fav albums. Long Stick would not be out of place on any AC/DC album. Playing The Outlaw another classic.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Oct 22nd 2014

Posted By: Mutt Lange Is KingIf there was no Brian Johnson, Marc Storace is the man I would have put in to replace Bon. No one else would work better, IMO.

He claims he was approached, but chose to stay with Krokus because they were just breaking big.
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Oct 22nd 2014

Terrible. Not even a poor mans Bon Scott. Far worse than that. Poor mans Dave Evans perhaps
    • Oct 22nd 2014

^ Not sure he's that bad, but he sure ain't fit for the job.