[ Sign In | Register ]

Posted By: tomscotlandI’ve been digging a lot of early Elton John - madman/tumbleweed/chateau. Also been spinning Eagles debut, bit of BOC, and the first Placebo LP.

^ you're mixing it up there, sir, I like it!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Oct 12th 2019

Having only recently discovered Oasis, this one struck a huge chord with me. Fucking love it.
    ^ Love Oasis's first two albums. This recent doc was a stirring reminder of how all-conqueringly massive they were in their prime.

What a ballsy song! I've forgotten how well this song rocks!

When Motley Crue wasn't a laughing stock of themselves. This was some pretty heavy hittin' shit back in the day.

This is my absolute favorite Priest album. I was my drunkest of drunk part of life when this album was out. This album takes me back to those drunken days. One of my favorite heavy metal songs!

I remember going to my local record shop and they had this album playing. I liked it so well that I bought it. Now that I'm older, it doesn't hit me like it used to, but this song still has it!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Oct 12th 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonI am really not the kind of person who says stuff like "how great it the drumming on this song?" but, honestly, how great is the drumming on this song?

Awesome.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 13th 2019

My Sunday mornings are spent with Van Morrison.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: JW147
    • Oct 13th 2019

Posted By: JemMy Sunday mornings are spent with Van Morrison.

Great song

Masterful follow-up to HaH
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin

I prefer it. Less opera.
    Funny dance steps for a band.

Posted By: Alex Lebanon

I prefer it. Less opera.
    Even if you’re not a fan of Dio, you can always find something to like in Tony Iommi. That’s what makes records like The Eternal Idol entertaining - singer is not my taste whatsoever, but Tony never fails to come up with great riffs.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: JW147
    • Oct 18th 2019

Coltrane- A Love Supreme, Tim Hardin and Ennio Morricone tonight.
    Finally checking out "Sound and Fury" on Netflix. As a bit of a weeb who is living in Kentucky now, it seemed fitting that I finally check out Sturgill Simpson and this is a good introduction so far.

Maybe psychedelic bluegrass is the future?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Oct 19th 2019 edited

Posted By: NoisePollutionFinally checking out "Sound and Fury" on Netflix. As a bit of a weeb who is living in Kentucky now, it seemed fitting that I finally check out Sturgill Simpson and this is a good introduction so far.

Maybe psychedelic bluegrass is the future?

Sturgill!

He's going to be touring in 2020 with Tyler Childers. That will be a great show.

The islanders can check him out in late January. 3 dates in UK.
    Figured a tour was soon. I need to get to some live shows in one form or another. Lucky to see Buddy Guy a few months back.
    you know what, nevermind.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 23rd 2019

•  
    • Oct 27th 2019

This record is 40 years old today!

I prefer it. Less opera.
    Even if you’re not a fan of Dio, you can always find something to like in Tony Iommi. That’s what makes records like The Eternal Idol entertaining - singer is not my taste whatsoever, but Tony never fails to come up with great riffs.

Agreed! I'm more of a Tony Iommi fan than Black Sabbath in itself haha. He always managed to release interesting albums even in his strangest years/line-ups. I prefer "Mob Rules" over HAH anyway when it comes to the Dio albums.
    This guy plays da' guitta' like he is possessed. The bend and solo passage starting after 2:19 is simply insane. The first bend doesn't even have a vibrato, and is totally out of this universe.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 30th 2019

The great singer and melody maker, Rory:

Any Doors fans on here? Such a unique feeling band.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Oct 30th 2019

Lazerhawk

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Oct 30th 2019 edited

•  
    • Oct 30th 2019 edited

Posted By: BrianyLazerhawk

I take your Lazerhawk and raise you a Hasselhoff!

•  
    • Nov 13th 2019

A Brendan O'Brien classic!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Nov 14th 2019

The New Roses

A band I always seem to come back to. Orgasmatron just has a fantastic vibe, though I used to not like it due to its intensity and darkness when compared to Overkill and such.
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2019

Not bad for indie rock. "Interesting" video.

•  
    • Nov 18th 2019

Yes, and you picked 3 of my top favorite songs, (from one of the greatest records ever made:)
    Posted By: DrBelford

Yes, and you picked 3 of my top favorite songs, (from one of the greatest records ever made:)

Agreed S/T gets all the love but I'll take LAW any day.
    Saw Primal Scream last night and they were fucking great. I knew Loaded would be a highlight but it was just lightning-in-a-bottle IMMENSE. At the end of the day they'll always be a bridesmaid band rather than the bride, but lets face it, most bands don't even get invited to the fucking wedding.

•  
    • Nov 23rd 2019

•  
    • Nov 23rd 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonAgreed S/T gets all the love but I'll take LAW any day.

Yeah, I think it just has that "magical" quality that very very few records have. (At least,few records have affected me the way LA Woman did.)
    Never heard band before. Sounds good.
    Posted By: MeanstreakNever heard band before. Sounds good.

Great name!

Yeah, I think it just has that "magical" quality that very very few records have. (At least,few records have affected me the way LA Woman did.)

And made in rough circumstances - JM was getting his cock out on stage and shitting in his leather trousers by then and generally making the kind of inter-band strife witnessed in Some Kind of Monster look like the Jonas Brothers having a backstage tiff.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 23rd 2019

Great name!

song is great w. Some booze. Rudd groove and swing w. some really good guitar tones.

One of their best. They found a way to implement a bit of 80's atmosphere without letting it drown out their sound, no doubt mostly thanks to the phenomenal producer they had in the 80's. My only problem with the record is Alexander the Great, as it feels a bit pretentious what with all the history lesson-esque lyrics - something that Mr. Lebanon never misses the opportunity to bring up ;)
    I don't mind Steve H's letting his love of history into the lyrics, just sometimes it's overdone and repetitious.
    I also think on ATG it's obvious they're trying to outdo the epic final tracks on NOB and POM and ATG feels a bit forced as a result.
    Apart from Wasted Years - the best track on there by a country mile - I can take or leave SIT but maybe that's just because of the five classic albums that came before it and the one immediately after.

Posted By: Meanstreak

Great name!

song is great w. Some booze. Rudd groove and swing w. some really good guitar tones.

I don't drink so I'll have to make a triple shot espresso instead & give the Lazies a listen.
    •  
    • Nov 27th 2019

And made in rough circumstances - JM was getting his cock out on stage and shitting in his leather trousers by then and generally making the kind of inter-band strife witnessed in Some Kind of Monster look like the Jonas Brothers having a backstage tiff.

Very true XD There's no discussion: The Doors are way more Rock'n'Roll than bands like Metallica ever were. (at least in my mind:)

Very true XD There's no discussion: The Doors are way more Rock'n'Roll than bands like Metallica ever were. (at least in my mind:)

Mick Jagger generously described Jim Morrison as the ultimate front man - he just had to show up such was his immense charisma - and it's hard to disagree. He just had that lightening-in-a-bottle can't-avert-your-gaze PRESENCE that all front men aspire to. Iggy and Bon are close, of course. Much as I admire the generosity and showmanship of someone like Freddie Mercury in the end a dash of madness and unpredictability is key to a mesmerising performance - like it could all go up in flames at any moment in a totally real, unfaked way. JM had that in spades and no doubt that's also why he didn't make old bones, too.

Posted By: Alex LebanonI don't mind Steve H's letting his love of history into the lyrics, just sometimes it's overdone and repetitious.
    I also think on ATG it's obvious they're trying to outdo the epic final tracks on NOB and POM and ATG feels a bit forced as a result.
    Apart from Wasted Years - the best track on there by a country mile - I can take or leave SIT but maybe that's just because of the five classic albums that came before it and the one immediately after.

The historical aspect of their lyrics I don't mind whatsoever when it doesn't feel forced, but it's a bit much when the guy's birth and death years are included in the name of the song. The opening narration doesn't help, either, as it just feels very cheesy in comparison to the Prisoner, NOTB, and Churchill's speech in live versions of Aces High.

Still, SIT is the only Maiden album I've been doing lately, mainly because I got burnt out on the others. Killers was on repeat for about a month for me, and is probably my most listened. The tracks aren't as easy to get into as Powerslave's for example, but I love the full album experience and the tracks are still very strong for the most part.