[ Sign In | Register ]

Hi there,

I have huge collection of albums and I have that signed LP sleeve in my collection from AC/DC Highway to Hell album. There is NO history on the signatures and i really need some experts opinions to verify if this could be authentic. What do you think about it?

Cheers and many thanks in advance

Marty
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus5041
    • Nov 17th 2012

first impressions is not genuine..IMO Bons looks like it was signed last week .. i am no expert , ask Bonlives
    Hi angus5041,

I have several signatures from different artists from the 70´s signed with black marker back in the 70´s and looks like beeing signed last week - but I know what you mean.

Would very looking forward for opinion from Bonlives! Please help!

thank you

Marty
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2012

Hope its the real thing for you mate ..Bonlives will give you a definite answer
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Nov 18th 2012 edited

Hi Marty. No good mate I'm afraid.

Phil, Cliff, Angus and Bon are all fake.

Someone's had a go at copying Angus' autograph but have used a more recent style (year 2000+), which isn't anywhere near how he signed in the 70's (and it needs to be 70’s as it’s supposedly signed by Bon) - this is a sure fire way to spot fakes as most forgers forget these minor details. Since it's signed with the same marker, that puts Bon's in the fake category instantly too - plus it's not even remotely close to resembling a genuine Bon autograph. Cliff and Phil just look awful and are terrible forgeries.

Now Malcolm on the other hand, signed in biro, has elements that might make it authentic. The slope is ok, the letter formation is ok, and it's a fluid signing without any signs of hesitation and looks to date from around the time of the album. However, the ‘AC/DC’ looks similar to “Angus’ AC/DC” and is unusual - so both may have come from the same hand, or the Angus forgery has tried to copy it. If this album only had the Malcolm auto on it, it might have passed for legit (but all the others are horrible fakes which casts doubt over Malcolm's too). Plus, regardless of the Malcolm auto, the LP has been destroyed by someone scribbling on it so it’s worthless.

How did you come to own the album? and I promise I won't boot you out of the forum, but are you responsible for the fake signatures on it? :) If you are, I'm curious to know the story behind Malcolm's if you know...
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2012

Marty - what's the matrix number on the LP?
    Hi again - I´ve brought that LP some years ago - no history sadly, but I was very unsure, too. So I don´t mind if its not genuine. In fact its now a good sample for fake signature. Regarding Malcolms signature - you really think its a good one? Do you think forgers do add missing signatures? Curious....

What is a Matrix number?
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2012 edited

I do think Malcolm's looks ok, but, I can't say 100% given the others are fake.

Forgers do often add in missing signatures and in the process they destroy the value of the genuine ones. It's mindless.

The matrix number is the catalogue number of the recod - should be printed on the sleeve; label; dead wax etc...
    I´ll check the matrix number later - would like to hear your opinion regarding this seller - looks like major forger:
    http://www.autograph...
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2012

I'll refrain from making any statements about the seller or company behind that site, as that could land me in hot water.

But I will say that every single AC/DC item on that site features fake signatures, in my considered opinion. There is not a single autograph on a single item that is authentic, in my view.

Consider this: why would anyone with $14 million worth of Beatles' signatures be selling them at 95% off? It's complete madness, if you ask me.
    Posted By: bonlivesI'll refrain from making any statements about the seller or company behind that site, as that could land me in hot water.

How would it land you in hot water?
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2012

Posted By: martypartyI´ll check the matrix number later - would like to hear your opinion regarding this seller - looks like major forger:
    http://www.autograph...

Well i am saying the pic shown is so amature its untrue ..
    regarding the album above:

Matrix: R/S Alsdorf 50628 A2xxxx

and there is an EAN code on the back: EAN 07567815601
    •  
    • Nov 19th 2012

Does it say: R/S Alsdorf 50628 A2xxxx 81 SNB

If so, it's a 1980's repress made after Bon Scott died.

What's the matrix on the B side?
    •  
    • Nov 23rd 2012

Posted By: SpellboundHow would it land you in hot water?
    Libel