[ Sign In | Register ]

Ive been thinking, we should just have one thread for set list discussions, because alot of threads are turning into them, so i made one!
    Here's what i think:
    The boys arent probably going to tour again, and if they do, it wont be this big, but they are just trying to go out on a good note. they may have a deal with Sony about the BI songs, but who knows. i think by the time they get to Australia we will have some decent changes.

as for the set i would like:

1.Long Way To The Top: Band comes out, nothing special, maybe a picture of Bon, or a video of Bon playing bagpipes, still the big screen same stage like before the train comes out.
    2.Rock N Roll Train: Band goes back in after LWTTT, the video package shows, they come out same thing as normal set.
    3. Shoot To Thrill: need to get this one out of the way at the beginning, so brian doesnt hurt his voice
    4.Stiff Upper Lip: this one is pretty good live, i'd keep it for a good mid tempo song for the crowd to enjoy
    5.Back IN Black: have to put it somewhere, works better in the beginning.
    6. Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be: im still thinking if this wouldnt be better where STT is, because the riff is great to smash into after the opener.
    7: Big Jack: another good one from the new album. i think we'l keep this in the live set.
    8: Bad Boy Boogie: this is the only strip song that works. im suprised they didnt change it for this tour
    9: Thunderstruck: has to go in here too bad i cant fit it more towards the beginning.
    10: The Jack: I am one of the few that still enjoy this song. it works best without the strip.
    11: War Machine: after a slow one,, we speed it back up, but just a bit. this will be the last BI song in the set i think. it should be really dark out by now, and the dim lighting makes a great mood.
    12: Hard As A Rock: Now an up-tempo one for everyone
    13: Hells Bells: this works great late in the set, building up to the huge hits.
    14:Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: i was always confused why this was towards the beginnig of the set, when it should be towards the end.
    15: You Shook Me All Night Long: has to go somewhere.
    17: Whole Lotta Rosie: this has to go second to last, because its suck a ripper.
    18:Let There Be Rock: dont have to explain this one.
    (encore)
    19: Moneytalks: Its one for the fans who stayed, and it would include showers of "Black Ice Dollars"
    20: T.N.T.: I always likes when they played this at the end/second to last. i dont know why, but it works.
    21: For Those About To Rock: see LTBR.

its only one more than their doing, very capable of pleasing everyone.
    so thats the start of this thread, use it for complaints, or praise for DED ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Aug 22nd 2009

I'd say at this point a set change is as likely as a ten minute drum solo or Cliff singing a couple of numbers that he's written...
    Australia has never been given any special treatment, I'd be suprised if they started now
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Aug 22nd 2009

We're not going to get Go Down, Gone Shootin, If You Want Blood... the songs that would turn this tour on it's head. So, Im content with crispys suggestions (except for Long Way which is almost certainly never going to happen). But here's what I want, and I know Willy will agree: no bullshit stage props, no blow up Rosies, no bells, no trains, no crap videos, no cannons, no confetti. I realise I'm talking utter shit here and that there's more chance of setlist change than this ever happening but that's what I want.
    you're right - Willy WILL agree...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Aug 22nd 2009

That setlist would rock crispy. Although Moneytalks is out of place for my taste. The beginning of the encore is where you want to rip people to pieces, shatter all their dreams of ever hearing without tinitus again and make sure they'll have neck pain for the remainder of the week.

IF YOU WANT BLOOD MOTHER FU!!!!!!

Yes I'm taking my medicine now, I'm already feeling better...sorry... :)
    Great set crispy, I would really want to see this if the band weren't so strict with their sets. If they did play this I would be there. I would also like to see a set like this, more of a modified BI set than a fully made up set.

1. Rock N Roll Train
    2. Sin City
    3. Back in Black
    4. Skies on Fire
    5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    6. Have a Drink on Me
    7. Thunderstruck
    8. Black Ice
    9. Bad Boy Boogie
    10. The Jack
    11. Hells Bells
    12. Shoot to Thrill
    13. War Machine
    14. Kicked in the Teeth
    15. Smash N Grab
    16. You Shook Me All Night Long
    17. T.N.T.
    18. Whole Lotta Rosie
    19. Let There Be Rock
    20. Highway to Hell
    21. For Those About to Rock
    22. It's a Long Way to the Top (Maybe for an extra encore)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Aug 23rd 2009

The thing with the set is, does the band have any window of time to rehearse some different songs? I'm guessing over Christmas the long thing they'll be doing is trying out new songs. I think this setlist argument is pretty much dead in the water.. were beating ourselves up over something the band simply doesn't care about
    "we're beating ourselves up over something the band simply doesn't care about "

I think that's it. They have displayed time and time again that they just don't care....
    •  
    • Aug 23rd 2009 edited

Yeah its getting rather boring now even discussing it..... Do you think the old geezers are aware of a new fangled invention called the Interweb where fans discuss the setlist night after night, meaning we all know exactly what they're gonna play? In the old days it would have taken too long for the set to filter through to the next town, meaning the element of surprise was still there every night
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BFET
    • Aug 23rd 2009

The band just doesnt care. Unfortunately... FACT.
    •  
    • Aug 23rd 2009

Just got off the phone with Mal, new songs for the Australian leg confirmed, at least one out of Powerage to make an appearence. Where Is my medication again....ahh......there.....Damnation!!!
    •  
    • Aug 23rd 2009

lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Aug 23rd 2009

i was blessed to see AC/DC 4 times this tour

and hopefullt twice in oz next february

yes i want all the obscure stuff

but i love seeing them live no matter what they play

if you seen them on this tour your lucky,i have so many mates who didnt get tickets,even tho i told them to tout it, (30 quid outside wembley stadium ,honest)

youve got all the records if you want to hear the songs

enjoy the boys while they are gigging...this could be the last time

I had an interesting dream the other night. i was outside of a gig, in between the show, and i put up a huge banner that said what they should change in the set. then Brian and Mal came out and started yelling about it (lukily they didnt know i did it) which made me think. i think the boys are mad about all of the complaining about the set.
    What ulster and BT said.
    •  
    • Aug 23rd 2009

Ihad a dream that they played Kissin Dynamite about a month before the tour started. Came out good too.
    We can dream can't we.
    yes, dreaming about the set is as close as we're going to get to changes being made. I'd honestly be ecstatic if Kissin Dynamite was played, but sadly, it's just another song in their back-catalogue that has been forgotten forever. Even DC's heroes, The Stones, mix it up a little in the live arena. As much as I love AC/DC (and I do, believe me), I have never known a band so out of touch with its hardcore fanbase. If they don't know how we feel about this, then shame on them for showing no interest; if they do know how we feel, then shame on them for not doing anything about it....
    Agreed Ulster, they are sooo out of touch with the hardcore fans that we don't even exist to them. They must know we're out here wanting change in the set but they just don't give a shit about us at all.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BoogieMan
    • Aug 24th 2009

You're right about the Stones' sets....they mix it up more than enough for a group of their status. They even played a handful of songs for the first time on their last tour, some more than 30 years old. And sometimes they get described as out of touch!
    Very sad indeed, lads. We're not even asking for much. It's not as if we're expecting them to play the Fly On The Wall abum from start to finish - just alternate between BI songs if you really must play 5, and throw in a IYWB or RnR Damnation from time to time. It's not difficult....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 24th 2009

The Stones played 70 different songs on their last world tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think how happy we would be if the boys played half that number......
    Jesus - if they played even 21 songs, I'd be happy at this stage.....
    Would be great if they played one of their albums from start to finish during a show or shows like Highway to Hell or Back in Black kinda like what Metallica did with the Master of Puppets album during the 2006 Escape From the Studio tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 24th 2009

I'm not sure I like those tours, I like the element of surprise when I go to a gig, that rush when the tune starts of and you go "Oh my fucking God it's ....." even though that has happened at about 2 out of 30 odd AC/DC gigs :)

Just as an aside couple of years back I went to and MCR gig where they were playing new (then) album in full from first track to last track in order and had been on every date of the tour. Unfortunately I had some knob behind me all dolled up in the merchandise jumping up and down before the gig with excitement, and then between every song he screamed ("Oh my God what are they going to play next, what are they going to play next..." ) Well fuckwit you're such a big fan you tell me. I found the experience of knowing what was coming next a little underwhelming. Not helped by the spanner behind obviously, at least when they played some of their earlier punkier stuff I managed to catch him with a forearm :)
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Aug 29th 2009

Judas Priest British Steel Tour this summer was killer
    •  
    • Aug 29th 2009

The Iron Maiden Somewhere Back In Time tour ruled
    • Aug 31st 2009 edited

Hard as a Rock will be there soon
    Join the club.
    • Aug 31st 2009

It really bothers me. They have to have heard complaints by now???
    • Aug 31st 2009

I would love to check new videos after shows but I rarely do because I already know. Just a few mix ups is all they need to keep hardcore fans happy.
    •  
    • Aug 31st 2009

It would be so easy... They MUST have heard the complaints. I mean every hardcore fan I've talked to on tour was basically more or less disappointed about the setlist. And more than one of them has seen the boys after or pre- show.
    •  
    • Sep 1st 2009 edited

What's most amazing when you think about it, is that both Mal and Angus told the world that they like FOTS on the Donnington DVD...Do they just pretend no-one ever heard that? Or it didn't happen?

It doesn't bother me a huge deal as I haven't been to a show yet, but for you guys who have seen 20-odd shows, I can't even imagine what you go through - lol.
    If they truly liked it we would probably at least 2 songs from FOTS being played regularly. The last time a FOTS song was ever played was in 1985 at Rock in Rio where Guns For Hire opened both the shows AC/DC played at.

Guns for Hire should be played every night along with either House Is On Fire, Flick, or Bedlam. Regarding that speech from the boys about FOTS, what I got from that was that they like it themselves but they don't think anyone else does. They say something like "We thought we would just put it out there and see how it went... and it didn't do too well to be honest. They say that was our biggest flop."

agreeed - at least GFH should be played at every show...
    •  
    • Sep 2nd 2009

Play Rising Power and watch Brian get wheeled off ala the time when Bon saw him...
    agreed - i think they'd be wheeling him off in a box, though..

Them not playing those songs has nothing to do with his voice. If he can sing STT, TS and BIB every night then he could sing most of the songs from Flick. Not like on the album of course but he could make it work like he does with the other songs I mentioned.

I agree that AC/DC not playing songs from their whole catalogue is not related to his voice - I just think he would struggle big time to sing RP nowadays