[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • Nov 8th 2011 edited

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why?

"Shoot To Thrill", because it is such a refined song and always a climax of the live gigs and "What's Next to The Moon", I think the last verse with Malcolm and Cliff singing in the background is one of AC/DCs finest moments ever.

2. Favourite AC/DC album and why?

"Let There Be Rock" as this record established the AC/DC sound as we know it now. Still half of the record finds itself in the liveset and I enjoy listening to these song a lot...again and again...

3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why?

"Love Bomb". The start is cheesy, never liked the song.

4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why?

"Ballbreaker" - four good songs, too much mediocre stuff on the record, weak production, Brian sounds like he is going to die every moment.

5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ... The Ramones, Pearl Jam, Stones, Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age...a lot of different stuff.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 8th 2011

Welcome aboard Raff

Name the four good songs on BB :)
    • Nov 8th 2011

Burnin Alive, The Furor, Boogie Man, Ballbreaker
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Nov 8th 2011

Posted By: RaffBurnin Alive, The Furor, Boogie Man, Ballbreaker

No Hard as a Rock, Hail Caesar, Whiskey on the Rocks, Caught with your pants Down? Although I get the last one as it seems I'm in the minority loving that one.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2011

Burnin' Alive is an interesting track to choose...surprised no HC or WOTR....
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2011

Burnin' Alive is superb. I love that song.
    • Nov 8th 2011 edited

Posted By: Pod
    Posted By: RaffBurnin Alive, The Furor, Boogie Man, Ballbreaker

No Hard as a Rock, Hail Caesar, Whiskey on the Rocks, Caught with your pants Down? Although I get the last one as it seems I'm in the minority loving that one.

I remember listening to Hard as a rock for the first time as it was the advance single and wasn't that impressed with the song and the lyrics... :-/ Not really one of my favourites :-) Hail Caesar worked fine in concerts, this ione gets pretty close to the four tracks I listed as my favourites from the record. Whiskey on the Rocks is a filler to me, same with Caught With Your Pants Down which to me sounds like the boys listened a little bit too often to Whole Lotta Rosie at that time. :-)
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2011

Fair enough, who am I to argue? I always get pelters in this place when I express my less than favourable views on far more popular tracks than those ones. Just tell me though, I am right about Thunderstruck being a bit naff aren't I.
    • Nov 8th 2011

Posted By: PodBurnin' Alive is superb. I love that song.

They should have opened the Ballbreaker Tour concerts with this track instead of Back in Black, I think this song was perfect for that back then.
    • Nov 8th 2011

Posted By: PodJust tell me though, I am right about Thunderstruck being a bit naff aren't I.

J├Ąpp ! :-)
    Posted By: PodCaught with your pants Down? Although I get the last one as it seems I'm in the minority loving that one.

Count me in for that minority, I love CWYPD!!!!

Best songs in Ballbreaker:

-Boogie Man, Burnin' Alive, Hail Caesar, Caught With Your Pants Down, Ballbreaker
    ulstersaint
    Jun 8th 2011

How the hell are you, mate? Yeah, you took a picture of me and the Abruzzo boys in our Hammersmith shirts in a pub in Camden. I think the picture is in their book too?

Anyway, good to hear from you and I'm glad you've found this forum. There's also something in the back of my mind about you and your shoes - the Abruzzo lads were teasing you about something. Am I going mad, or do I recall correctly?

------

Hi, sorry to give you an answer so late... But yes, you're not mad :) it was funny, because for the Milan gig's, I was working on a wall-painting, and the day before the first show, after working, I have some transport problems, and when I come in my house, I take a shower, the tickets, and run to the airport........., but I forget to change my shoes !!! Very Very Dirty !!! so Matteo....

Well, I'm back on this forum !!!
    ROCK'N'ROLL !!!

.....but sad news for me, Brian cancelled his tour, and I booked flights and tickets for 4 gig's :( F*** !!!!
    see you.
    Vincent.
    Throw me in that minority as well, Caught With Your Pants Down is a good tune, as is Burning Alive.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Nov 8th 2011

Posted By: vincent1982.....but sad news for me, Brian cancelled his tour, and I booked flights and tickets for 4 gig's :( F*** !!!!
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that man.
    •  
    • Nov 8th 2011

Welcome to the forum Raff. Thanks for the news on the tour dates being cancelled in that other thread.
    Vincent- you booked flights to go to Brian's book signing??? From Europe? If so why? Have you met him already?
    Welcome, Raff!!
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Jan 1st 2012

welcome Dougl ASS
    Vincent - that's gotta hurt! You have met the band many times before though?
    1. Favourite AC/DC song and why? --- Let There Be Rock -- Because once I heard that song for the first time I was sold on AC/DC for ever! So hard to answer though because I love them all!

2. Favourite AC/DC album and why? --- Back in Black -- Because it was so popular when I first discovered AC/DC and I have so many memories of listening to it over and over and over..........

3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? --- No, can't answer that one

4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? --- Can't answer this one either

5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into --- Oddly enough my second biggest influence next to Bon Scott is Jim Morrison of The Doors. there are so many other bands I'm into though, that's so hard to answer. I'm a singer and I've sung many popular heavy metal and hard rock songs. Maiden, Metallica, DIO, Priest, Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Scorps, Ozzy, Sabbath, White Snake, Skid Row, etc., etc............ oh and of course AC/DC!!!!!!!!!
    •  
    • Mar 7th 2012

Welcome to the forum ROCKERACDC. You're in a tribute band right?
    •  
    • Mar 7th 2012

Welcome to the board! Good to have another Doors fan in here :)
    You didn't answer the best part! hahaha, c'mon at least something!
    Posted By: matirockerYou didn't answer the best part! hahaha, c'mon at least something!

haha
    hello all my is mike.
    fav acdc song is rockin tonight from ddddc for its rocking out to some tunes.
    fav and last AC/DC gig so far for me is June 22 1991 Edmonton.
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2012

Welcome aboard Mike, What song do you mean by 'Rockin' Tonight'?
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2012

Hello Mike. Do you mean There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' ? If so, can I just confirm you have heard the 6 albums that came after Dirty Deeds haven't you? ;)
    yes pod thats the song i mean
    yes i have heard every acdc album.
    Hey man, nice to see you hear, and Pod, this dude has tons of awesome bootlegs....trust me, he knows the band well :)
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2012

Amazing choice for favourite song. Nice to have a little variety.
    Oh it's musicdreams!
    thanks nitro or powerage78 or ..... nice work uk powerage nitro
    yeah nitro your man hardly nobody even heard of those 2 japan videos that i sent you and you did a remix come on man post them ..
    Posted By: ACDCLIVE11yeah nitro your man hardly nobody even heard of those 2 japan videos that i sent you and you did a remix come on man post them ..

I am going to, lol....just about to upload the Rock Of Ages mixes
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Apr 16th 2012

1. Down Payment Blues, first AC/DC song I ever heard, instantly addicted.
    2. Powerage if I had to pick one.
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? Cant think of one I dont like ;)
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? SUL, other than "Satellite Blues" album never really got my feet tapping like the others did.
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ... Jezz...long list. Mainly 80s rock, or "NWOBHM " as us older folk call it :). Saxon, Whitesnake, Thunder, FM, Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy to name a few.

I'm English, but living in the States the last 14 years, gonna add my fave AC/DC tale. Used to live in Ft Myers and bumped in to Cliff at the airport when I was working there, he was there to pick up his son. Knew he lived there but didnt think I would ever meet him. I was coming back form the baggage office after being yelled at by some old fart who had no bags. Pissed off I wwent back up the stairs to the departures level and ther ehe was walking along looking for his son. Stopped and said hello and said he would be right back , two minutes later he was, introduced me to his son, spent about 10 minutes talking about AC/DC , got and autograph and a pictures. Just a really nice level headed bloke, friendly to a fault and very down to earth. Didnt hesitate to soend 10 mintues shooting the breeze about AC/DC while his son waited for us to finish yakking.

Anyways, been a fan since 1979 ish and saw them on the FTATR, BUYV, BB, RE and BB tours. Have a ton of old vinyl 7 inch pic discs, Money Talks shaped likea 50 pence piece. Was at a record fair in Southampton once and a DJ sho had just had his show cancelled on Radio 210 (cant remember his name) was selling off all his records, got the Live in Atlantic Studios album from him for 5 quid :).

Look forwards to talking about AC/DC with you all soon !
    Great story. Welcome aboard
    •  
    • Apr 17th 2012

Welcome aboard 'nut :)
    •  
    • Apr 17th 2012 edited

Great story mate - thanks for sharing it and welcome to the forum.

You're in good company - there's a number of guys here who have been fans since the 70s - some even lucky enough to have seen them live in the 70s.

A fiver for the Live From The Atlantic Studios LP is a bargain! If it's the original promo release, then it's a nice collectible you have there.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Apr 18th 2012

Bonlives, not sure, I did a quick look online and the cover does not match what I am seeing for the origina. This one is I believe in a Yellow sleeve , can trememebr for sure. I'll get a pic of it, its back in the UK and I'm over here .

Thanks for the welcome everyone !