[ Sign In | Register ]

Hi Everyone here.
    I’m new here and haven’t a clue what to do. Never been on a forum before. Lol.
    Well, here goes.
    Im from North East England. Still there. Brought up around the corner from where Brian was.
    I been into Heavy Metal since I was 3 and listened to AC / DC right from then, in the 1970’s. Then incorporated Glam Metal in the 1980s , when I was in secondary school. So it’s all been a massive part of my life but more than that; it’s just my soul. Part of my nature. Oh, it’s hard to put into words.
    I’m on here to find similar people. MaLe and female. Any age bit preferably above 40. Friendship only. Letters or emails. So as I better get to them
    questions...
    1- fave song. What a hard question. I’ll just have to pick one then- The Furor. It can be too emotional for me on some days mind. But it’s just got a special something.
    2. fave album. Argh. I have to only pick ONE?? Powerage. The first one I ever heard properly and never looked back. Oh my goodness..
    3. Least fave song - gulp. This is too hard because I honestly love them all. Oh dear- sorry guys, I’m being forced here- Money Talks. I lose interest in it fast. But not completely. Hope I don’t sound too heartless.
    4. Least fave album- I just honestly do not know. I haven’t a clue. It’s too hard.
    5. Other bands- W.A.S.P. , Mötley Crue, Dio Then after these- a ton of other Heavy Metal and Glam Metal - it’s my life. For life.
    • AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: Laura CandyHi Everyone here.
    I’m new here and haven’t a clue what to do. Never been on a forum before. Lol.
    Well, here goes.
    Im from North East England. Still there. Brought up around the corner from where Brian was.
    I been into Heavy Metal since I was 3 and listened to AC / DC right from then, in the 1970’s. Then incorporated Glam Metal in the 1980s , when I was in secondary school. So it’s all been a massive part of my life but more than that; it’s just my soul. Part of my nature. Oh, it’s hard to put into words.
    I’m on here to find similar people. MaLe and female. Any age bit preferably above 40. Friendship only. Letters or emails. So as I better get to them
    questions...
    1- fave song. What a hard question. I’ll just have to pick one then- The Furor. It can be too emotional for me on some days mind. But it’s just got a special something.
    2. fave album. Argh. I have to only pick ONE?? Powerage. The first one I ever heard properly and never looked back. Oh my goodness..
    3. Least fave song - gulp. This is too hard because I honestly love them all. Oh dear- sorry guys, I’m being forced here- Money Talks. I lose interest in it fast. But not completely. Hope I don’t sound too heartless.
    4. Least fave album- I just honestly do not know. I haven’t a clue. It’s too hard.
    5. Other bands- W.A.S.P. , Mötley Crue, Dio Then after these- a ton of other Heavy Metal and Glam Metal - it’s my life. For life.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow geordie. I was born in Gateshead!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Apr 14th 2021

Welcome Laura, thanks for joining up. Hope your first foray into forums is a positive one.

We post topics and discussions about AC/DC and related things of interest (for example, the other bands you mentioned) here on the forum, so you can read and contribute/reply whenever you have some time. If you’re looking to communicate in a more traditional letter / pen-pals type of way, there may very well be some forums for that. Since you’re new to the online forum world, be sure to take care online, don’t divulge personal details without due care and be alert to scam artists.

There’s a great community here and a lot of members have met up in person, typically at concerts. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out :)
    1: Favorite AC/DC song? That's hard to think of. I go through phases, but now it's overdose.
    2: Can't pick, love them all for different reasons
    3: Least Favorite? Love song, self explanatory
    4: Honestly can't pick, but I feel BUYV could've been better
    5: White Stripes, Zep, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Greta Van Fleet, among many others. I'm glad I was accepted to the forum! Thanks guys!! (Also, I wanna see if you guys can recall what my username is from. It shouldn't be too hard, it was a hilarious interview XD)
    Cheers for letting me on:
    1. Favourite AC/DC song and why? Gone Shootin, just a great track
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why? Powerage, cause I heard it when I was 13 and it just stuck.
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? She likes Rock n Roll off BI, just did'nt do it for me.
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? Its a tough Q, but Ballbreaker just wasn't my favourite.
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into: Old school really, early Whitesnake, soft spot for Maiden, UFO

All Best Guys, Dean
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • May 25th 2021

1. I can´t really settle on a favorite song, it´s a tie between All Screwed Up, Shoot to Thrill, Witch´s Spell and Guns for Hire. These three songs are the only reason I´m still listening to AC/DC.
    2. Powerage. The album is a masterpiece from beginning to end. I really like the tone of the guitar on this album.
    3. Mistress for Christmas. I don´t know what the band was thinking when they put this song on such a great album like TRE.
    4. Stiff Upper Lip, there are only 5 decent songs on that album.
    5. Led Zeppelin, GnR, Greta Van Fleet, Van Halen.
    • AC/DC rock music: TNTTOM
    • May 27th 2021

Not new but finally getting around to commenting, would participate more but usually don't feel like taking the time to sign in, therefore I'm a voyeur.

Favorite Brian - Hells Bells - Love the intro, lyrics, sounds medieval, ominous
    Favorite Bon - Live Wire, again, love the intro, really love when the boys start a tune with one instrument and then others join, one at a time, really builds

Favorite Album - Early on it was Back in Black but in recent years Highway to Hell, Let There Be Rock, Powerage and the new one Power Up

Least Fav Song - Love Song, cant believe they did this one, also always skip Code Red, Damned, Come and Get it, All Screwed Up and The Jack. Have to be in the right mood for Danger.

My second fav band, a distant second is Judas Priest.

I live in Kemah Texas and have seen the band 7 times, most recently at the MGM in Vegas (made Sin City very relevant) in February 2016 and looking forward to an 8th time. First time was in St. Louis back on Thanksgiving Day, 1981, For Those About to Rock Tour.
    Hello people! Just signed up!
    1. Favourite AC/DC song and why?
    Long way to the top! It was one of the first AC/DC songs I ever heard and being a musician myself I can testify it is indeed a long way to the top (still miles to get there for me...)
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why?
    Let there be Rock for me! I just drool over the guitar tone and the energy in the fast songs there
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why?
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why?
    These two maybe some of their later stuff, it's not that it feels uninspired, but definitely missing some rawness at points
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ...
    Black Sabbath
    •  
    • May 30th 2021

Posted By: frockstation
    These two maybe some of their later stuff,

How it should be.
    Moin, so we tell here, Heissa in .dk .
    From middle between Hamburg and Denmark.
    As very young boys my brother and me saw
    Beavis and Butthead in ACDC and KISS T-shirts.
    Looking at each other, saying NEVER !

Then got my first Radio, was first of Star-ABC series.
    Summer, around 21:00 clokken.
    First had been ABBA, then ACDC.
    Had a cheapo iron tape ready because was curious.
    Hells Bells, Highway to Hell, You shook me, TNT, and two others I not remember anymore.
    Since then 100+% fan !
    Had jeans jakket with patches, only ACDC.

What Song like Best : Back in Black, Have a Drink, many more

Album like Best : Back in Black not unjustified one of the most selling LPs ever

Worst Song : Dunno, there are some, can't decide or remember

Worst Album : Flick off the Switch, though due to belltone app on Android recently re-discovered Rising Power. Unfortunately don't like Stiff Upper Lip and afterwards.

Other Musik : We have RadioBOB on FM/UKW since 2016 in my state. They have now 40 streams, one
    is a dedicated ACDC-stream. They have als Metallica and Freddy-Queen.
    Mostly listening to the Medeval-stream with additional bagpipes, flutes and so on.

Lünrüd Skünrüd also fantastic.

Females : Sheryl Crow, Heather Nova

Cover Bands : Hell's Belles, ThundHerStruck
    1. Favorite AC/DC song and why?
    2. Favorite AC/DC album and why?
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ...
    Pod May 2nd 2011

1. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap - it was the first AC⚡️DC song that I heard. I was listening to rock 101 KLOL in Houston. My mind was blown.

2. Razors Edge - thunderstruck, rock your heart out, fire your guns, moneytalks, mistress for Christmas - that’s why

3. Don’t have one.

4. Blow up your video. Don’t like the name.

5. Rush. Rolling Stones. Queen. CCR. Van Hale. (RIP Eddie)
    Hi! Thanks for having me :)

Maybe you know but I did some "Angus Plays" videos where Angus is playing songs he never played (https://www.youtube.com/angusplays) and some people hinted me for this forum - this is why I joined. Like it!

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why? Highway to hell because we play it in our band and its always fun!
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why? Back in Black - just love all the songs!
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? Latest stuff I must admit - I don't know why but somehow its different...
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? The latest - see 3.
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ... Love Metallica :) Bad Religion... Nirvana...

Have a great day, Thomas :)
    Glad you made it!
    Hey matirocker - Thanks :)
    •  
    • Aug 27th 2021

Posted By: Flyingmranch4. Blow up your video. Don’t like the name.

Why does the name matter? It should be the songs, the production that matters.
    Hello,

I'm Brians Johnson and I've been an avid Acca Dacca fan for 30 years.

I've seen the band 6 times over the years: 1991, 2000, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016 (With Axl) and I've enjoyed every show.

I'm looking forward to contributing to some of the discussions.

Here are my answers to the new member questions:

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why? Touch Too Much because it's just perfect.
    2. Favourite AC/DC album and why? Highway To Hell. As above, it's just perfect
    3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why? Maybe, Love song. I still think its okay though.
    4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why? Probably, Stiff Upper Lip. It's got some great tracks on it but compared to the rest of their discography, its not as strong.
    5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into: Iron Maiden, Neil Young, King Crimson, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, NIN and many many more.

Cheers
    • AC/DC rock music: Fer
    • Jan 3rd 2022 edited

Hi, old member, just had my account approval, came around mostly to read, not to post.

I'm Fernando, and the guys in house band and a few others know me from about a decade or so ago until I went away for a bit and the whole thing is already spoken at length about on the YouTube comments section of one of the songs I've sang on back in 2015.

I don't remember what were my favorite album/song, not the least fave album and song and quite honestly, I don't think anything is better or worse to me when it comes to AC/DC. The only thing that remains as it was is that a few Bon era lyrics are great, some BUYV stuff with Brian as well -- once again, concerning lyrics and yet I still prefer to listen to them as mere phonemes with no set language.
    Some albums just suffer from poor production and editing and they all kick ass and so do the songs.
    I used to be partial to Powerage and still am.

Hello all.

Edit: favorite bands still the same as before, but probably less. I still love Beatles and 1964-1974 Rolling Stones (in fact I like their post 1975-up-to-1983 catalogue and tours a lot, it's just that live they couldn't top their 1969-71 tours to my ears, mostly) but chances are that stuff like King Crimson, Captain Beefheart, Soft Machine, Henry Cow, Yes, Pink Floyd (to a way lesser extent), and Van Der Graaf Generator and a bunch of obscure underground stuff like Etron Fou Leloublan, Area, Derek Bailey, Keith Tippet, John Cage, Diamanda Galas, Caroliner and so on will always be playing in my headphones/speakers than anything else, making me look like a regular hipster/"art poof" or what have you. I probably listen due to practical reasons (making son and daughter sleep) to Brian Eno and Eliane Radigue more than anything else, and I like to listen to stuff from the entire world.

And one thing I listen to more than anything is a bunch of probably recorded in 78-rpm or wire spool blues stuff that are on record labels like Document, Yazoo, Biograph and finally, people like Albert Ayler, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Ornette Coleman.

This is becoming a rather a useless laundry list. Bottom line is I love rock'n'roll, but I like woodwinds and old synthesizers and people messing with rudimentary instruments, magnetic tapes and feedback more.
    Good to have you back, Fernando!
    Hi everyone, thanks for this nice welcome. I've loved AC/DC's music since as far as I can remember, seeing them on TV was really special. I became an even bigger fan when I got the T.N.T. album at age 8.

1. fav song: Long way to the top
    2. fav album: Either T.N.T. or Powerage I can't decide.
    3. least favorite song: Maybe mistress for Christmas.
    4. least favorite album: Probably rock or bust or Blow up your video.
    Other bands: Cold chisel, Led zeppelin, The Easybeats, The beatles just to name a few, anything that's rock n roll.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 3rd 2022

Welcome to the forum Brian’s Johnson (sorry, I had to remove the ' from your name as it does funky things with quoting), Fer and Landownunder (thanks for your patience mate).

Nice to have you all here.
    Posted By: bonlivesWelcome to the forum Brian’s Johnson (sorry, I had to remove the ' from your name as it does funky things with quoting), Fer and Landownunder (thanks for your patience mate).

Nice to have you all here.

Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to being part of the community