[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Apache
    • Oct 19th 2020

Hello. I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my bad English.
    And now questions…

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why?

I have at least 50 AC/DC songs which I might call my favourites. In fact it could be more. But I'm sure that one of the absolute best is HELLS BELLS. By the way, it was the very first AC/DC song which I heard back in 1982, when I was 14 and discovered the magic of rock and roll.

2. Favourite AC/DC album and why?

For many years I have five favourite AC/DC albums which I like equally. So it's hard for me pick only one. But I think that FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK is a litte underrated masterpiece. So for this moment I'd name it. Also for me it's their last album which is perfect from the beginning to the end.

3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why?

Couple of days ago I was listening every AC/DC song and one I disliked was LOVE BOMB from Ballbreaker album.

4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why?

I think BLACK ICE is little bit too long and kinda mediocre album which I enjoyed less than others. Also BALLBREAKER and STIFF UPPER LIP have more filler than would be appropriate. (Of course, both have also some true killers.) And I know that POWERAGE is the big fan favorite, but for me it's most overrated AC/DC album ever.

5. Bands other than AC/DC that you're into ...

I'm into many rock artists and bands, so now I pick at least twenty of them:
    It's… ACCEPT, ALICE COOPER, AEROSMITH, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, CHEAP TRICK, HEART, JOAN JETT, KISS, KROKUS, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, MÖTLEY CRÜE, POISON, ROLLING STONES, SCORPIONS, SLADE, STYX, SUZI QUATRO, SWEET, TWISTED SISTER…

I know that many people hate glam metal, but I like it very much since late 80's till these days. For me it's one of the most entertaining forms of rock 'n' roll. (Unlike grunge which is totally opposite and I think that it is one of the things which killed rock and roll in the 90's.)

I'm not AC/DC fanatic. I'm only rock 'n' roller who considered AC/DC as one of most important bands in history of rock 'n' roll.
    AC/DC was one of the bands which I was listening from the start along with KISS, Cheap Trick, Styx and others. So except their importance for rock music generally, they are also important for me personally as a part of the soundtrack of my life.
    I registered here simply because I miss good rock discussion forum.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 19th 2020

Welcome aboard! :)
    • AC/DC rock music: trueblue
    • Oct 20th 2020

Welcome Apache :)!
    • AC/DC rock music: olbap12ar
    • Oct 20th 2020 edited

Hey everybody! Thanks for Accepting me. I'm Pablo, from Buenos Aires, Argentina. First time I heard AC/DC was around 1983 (I've had 12 years old at that time), it was a cassette copy of the live album "If You Want Blood". I liked it but it wasn't until a year after when I bough Back In Black and I then became a big fan and collector. Been able to them live at the River Plate stadium in Buenos Aires in 1996 (twice) and at the 2nd show in 2009, where most of Live At River Plate was recorded.

1. Favourite AC/DC song and why?

Hells Bells. Fabulous tune that open one of my all-time favorite albums, not just of AC/DC.

2. Favourite AC/DC album and why?

Impossible to name just one, but depending on the mood it can be Powerage, Highway To Hell and Back In Black. Between those 3. Right now, I'm into BIB.

3. Least favourite AC/DC song and why?

Can't actually tell. I tend to forget and skip those filler songs that don't do much for me. Probably one from near the end of "Blow Up Your Video"...

4. Least favourite AC/DC album and why?

It was probably "Blow Up Your Video" during years, but I wasn't very happy with the total result of "Rock Or Bust". Those 2 are my least favorites.

I listen lot of bands, but I'm also a serious collector of KISS, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, Accept, Riff, some old Sabbath with Ozzy, Ozzy solo from early 80s, early Iron Maiden with Paul D'Ianno, Raven, and I've been lately checking more recent hard rock and metal bands like Bullet, Airbourne, The Amorettes, Burning Witches (only with their original singer), Suicide Bombers, Backstreet Girls....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Oct 20th 2020

Welcome aboard! :)
    Hello everyone newbie here. Been a big AC/DC fan since I was 13. Own every CD and DVD and even have the Phil Rudd signature kit. Was fortunate to catch them live twice on the Black Ice tour. So hyped for Power Up. Now to the questions.

Favorite Song?? Honestly can’t pick one. It depends on the mood. My favorite song of them from the last 20 years is Rock n Roll Train but would I say that’s my favorite song of them period?? Probably not so it’s an undecided for me. I will say that many of my favorites are the tracks that are heavily overlooked like the tracks on Powerage, For Those About to Rock, Flick of the Switch.

Favorite album?? I’m gonna be biased and say Back In Black. Still fresh sounding even today. Not a bad song on it and it was the first CD I ever imported to my iPod. Might be my favorite album by anybody.

Least favorite song?? This is tough too. There’s a few songs I tend to overlook since the few times I’ve heard them I wasn’t too fond of them. Rocker and Landslide come to mind. Definitely a few from Fly on the Wall and Blow Up Your Video. I think I might say Love Song because it’s probably the most Un-AC/DC sounding song I’ve heard.

Least favorite album?? Probably either Fly on the Wall or Blow Up Your Video. Not too crazy about the Australian version of High Voltage though I do love the international version. Guess I’ll go Blow Up Your Video since I feel that’s the album I listen to the least amount of songs from.

Other bands?? KISS, Foreigner, Queen, Bad Company, Van Halen, Styx, The Cars, Boston, Tom Petty, Def Leppard, The Police, CCR, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Kinks, Journey, The Who, The Beatles, Billy Squier, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Steve Miller, Rush, Genesis, Yes to name a few.
    • AC/DC rock music: trueblue
    • Oct 27th 2020

Posted By: crissrudd4554Hello everyone newbie here. Been a big AC/DC fan since I was 13. Own every CD and DVD and even have the Phil Rudd signature kit. Was fortunate to catch them live twice on the Black Ice tour. So hyped for Power Up. Now to the questions.

Favorite Song?? Honestly can’t pick one. It depends on the mood. My favorite song of them from the last 20 years is Rock n Roll Train but would I say that’s my favorite song of them period?? Probably not so it’s an undecided for me. I will say that many of my favorites are the tracks that are heavily overlooked like the tracks on Powerage, For Those About to Rock, Flick of the Switch.

Favorite album?? I’m gonna be biased and say Back In Black. Still fresh sounding even today. Not a bad song on it and it was the first CD I ever imported to my iPod. Might be my favorite album by anybody.

Least favorite song?? This is tough too. There’s a few songs I tend to overlook since the few times I’ve heard them I wasn’t too fond of them. Rocker and Landslide come to mind. Definitely a few from Fly on the Wall and Blow Up Your Video. I think I might say Love Song because it’s probably the most Un-AC/DC sounding song I’ve heard.

Least favorite album?? Probably either Fly on the Wall or Blow Up Your Video. Not too crazy about the Australian version of High Voltage though I do love the international version. Guess I’ll go Blow Up Your Video since I feel that’s the album I listen to the least amount of songs from.

Other bands?? KISS, Foreigner, Queen, Bad Company, Van Halen, Styx, The Cars, Boston, Tom Petty, Def Leppard, The Police, CCR, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Kinks, Journey, The Who, The Beatles, Billy Squier, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Steve Miller, Rush, Genesis, Yes to name a few.

Hi and welcome :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Oct 27th 2020

Welcome, it is a good time to be a forum member :)
    • Oct 27th 2020

Posted By: crissrudd4554Least favorite album?? Probably either Fly on the Wall or Blow Up Your Video. Not too crazy about the Australian version of High Voltage though I do love the international version. Guess I’ll go Blow Up Your Video since I feel that’s the album I listen to the least amount of songs from.

Welcome. I'm new here too.
    For many years I considered Blow Up Your Video as a weak album. But I changed my opinion. More than half of that album is pretty solid. Recently I really enjoy songs like Heatseeker, That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll, Nick of Time, Two's Up and few others. I definitely like BUYV more than last four albums. Maybe you could still give that album a chance.
    (I apologize for my bad English. I'm from Czech republic.)
    Ohh I love Heatseeker, TTWIWRNR, and Nick of Time and maybe one or two others. One of these days I’ll give the others a spin. As for their more recent albums I loved Rock or Bust. It was the first album since Flick of the Switch where I basically liked every song. Black Ice I can give or take although I love Rock n Roll Train. At the time I preferred Black Ice to Stiff Upper Lip but these days I think my decision has reversed though I can still give or take Stiff Upper Lip as well. Ballbreaker I thought had some strong tracks though it had some “mehh” moments as well.

Also thanks to those here who wished me a welcome here. I appreciate it very much and looking forward to talk all things AC/DC. Rock on and stay safe everyone! :)
    • Oct 28th 2020 edited

Posted By: crissrudd4554Also thanks to those here who wished me a welcome here. I appreciate it very much and looking forward to talk all things AC/DC. Rock on and stay safe everyone! :)

If you want, visit my thread TOP 20 AC/DC SONGS. We definitely needs more lists. ;-)
    Hey everyone. I'm a guy that lives in the Nordics, so english isn't my first or second language, sorry about that already. Been AC/DC fan since their Live 1992 -album, which was the first AC/DC album I borrowed from my local library when I went to first grade in '93. Been in love with them ever since. They've done so many out-of-this-world albums & songs before I was even born, so I feel so very lucky that they've put out so many amazing songs even during my lifetime, like Moneytalks, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock'n'roll Train and most recently Shot in the fuckin Dark & Demon Fire! I've been a longtime lurker of this forum already before Rock or Bust, but didn't join until now!

1. Favourite track: Gone Shooting
    - Heard it the first time in the Beavis & Butthead movie in 1996, and I just darng loved the track, can't really explain why. I found out 23 years later that there's a live version of it from a TV show, and that's probably the most watched youtube video for me.

2. Favourite album: Back in Black
    - Boring answer? Well, it's obvious. It's such a killer. I find myself having a different favourite track from this one in every two years. Just tells how many good ones are there, huh? My second favourite would be Powerage, and third Highway to Hell. I think everyones aware of the situation where AC/DC was before this album, and how they succeeded after all the trouble & unluck they had. Amazing story, amazing album.

3. Least favourite song: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    - Heard it first time in 93, and I still think 27 years later that this song is annoying as f***. I feel such a bad headache just thinking about the chorus. And right now, when I started thinking of it, it reminds me of those damn nu-metal bands who were also mostly very annoying.

4. Least favourite album(s): Flick of the Switch & Fly on the Wall
    - Don't get me wrong, these albums have some great individual tracks, better than many other albums. Why is it my least favourite? Because everytime I put these albums on, 2 minutes in and I just can't stop thinking how they would sound properly produced. Think about these with PWR UP production? Oh my god. It's so annoying that I can't listen to 'em anymore. I'm glad few of these songs have amazing live versions, that I LOVE to listen and I have 'em on many playlists.

- I'm an avid music fan and listen to everything I like from Jazz to Black Metal to Country. Lately I've been listening to Miles Davis, Bruce Springsteen, Prince and Hanoi Rocks!
    •  
    • Nov 3rd 2020

Welcome!
    • AC/DC rock music: Memtig
    • Nov 4th 2020

Hello everyone. AC/DC has been my favorite band since Back in Black came out. For that reason, it is my favorite album. Hard to list a favorite song with so many I like but Hells Bells is probably it. Blow Up Your Video is probably least favorite album. Cover You in Oil is probably least favorite song. I don’t have any other favorite bands but did listen casually to the more popular 80s era hard rock like Twisted Sister, Ratt, et al. I do kind of like a new band named Dirty Honey. They have an EP that is good for a young band. I’m old. I remember when Angus was young and had a full head of hair.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Nov 6th 2020

New members, new members everywhere.

Welcome to the forum all.
    • Nov 9th 2020

Posted By: bonlivesNew members, new members everywhere.

Welcome to the forum all.

It's a time of plague, so many AC/DC fans who used to be too busy with work, now that they lost their jobs and are at home in isolation, have finally found this site and time to register. It may not apply to every new member, but it could be an explanation for why so many came here.
    • AC/DC rock music: BSeattle
    • Nov 9th 2020

Greetings all!

I've been a lurker for a long time here, and felt compelled to finally join up, in anticipation of the new album. I'm extremely excited for it and feel the need to share the experience with other true fans of the band.
    This is the best AC/DC group around, imo.

AC/DC has been my favorite band since my high school years (late 80's).
    I can remember the 1st time I heard them, I was in 5th grade, and I was staying the night at a classmates house. He put HTH on his little record player, and side B played over and over all night.
    I was 10 years old and it scared the shit out of me!!

It wasn't until HS, and a friend loaned me his cassette of DDDDC that I really listened to a full album... and I was blown away. I absolutely loved it and was instantly obsessed with the band. Bon's voice was a revelation to me and Angus' solo on Squealer was the most amazing thing I'd ever heard, musically.

The first proper Album I ever owned was BUYV.
    I would listen to that album over and over again. I thought it was amazing.
    Now that I'm aware of the general consensus regarding BUYV among fans, I'm really glad it was the 1st album I had of theirs, and that I loved it so much.
    To me, it's just further indication that the band is the best ever, that I loved the album that so many consider their worst.
    If you compare it to others in their catalog, perhaps it doesn't quite measure up to some... but taken in isolation, it's an incredible album, imo.

I'll attempt to answer the questions posed in the initial post of this thread.

1. Favorite Track: Favorite doesn't mean "best", obviously... but my favorite is one of their best. I'll say Riff Raff. That song has it all. The intro just builds the tension, and the main riff still fills me with energy and excitment, even after countless listens. I'm not sure that it encapsulates all the best that Bon offered on his best songs... but he sounds wild and untamed, and the song just can't be matched in pure adreneline and power.
    When I was younger, I always loved Beating Around the Bush, so I'll mention that as well. That riff inspired me to buy an Epiphone SG (all I could afford), and try to learn to play guitar.

2. Favorite Album: Aargh! Don't ask this question!
    Seriously, it's impossible to answer, and I refuse to be bound by what I'm about to write!
    I lean to the Bon albums... and I love all those albums. I realize that Powerage is much adored here, and I'm tempted to name it as my favorite. It's as varied as any album the band ever released, and it captures them at the height of their powers, right before they made it "big". Lyrically, it is Bon's best, and there is just a feeling of "realness" that permeates.
    LTBR has the best sound, I think. It's a true, raw, rock album. I'm always amazed when listening to it. As close to a "live" sound I've ever heard on a studio album.

But I'll be rather lame, I think, and name HTH as my favorite.
    It doesn't have the rawness of the previously mentioned... but it is literally peak of the Bon era, and in many ways, it is the moment of the band that I am most nostalgic for.
    The band was just realizing their true potential, and the world was theirs for the taking. Bon was at the height of his powers and the songwriting was fantastic.
    They were still hungry, and they were the best live band in the world.
    I still love the LTBR movie. Angus was a demon and Bon was unbeatable as a frontman.
    Perfection.

3. Least fav song: The usual suspects come to mind. Love Bomb, MFC. Many later day songs are difficult for me to listen to, lyrically...I could throw in some of them.
    But, for the sake of being different, I'll say Come Hell or Highwater. I *hate* when the band endlessly repeats choruses... especially if they aren't great choruses. I could easily pick a couple of other songs off of Fly... Stand Up, or Back in Business. They all suffer from the same problems.
    To be clear, there are worse songs in the canon... and I'm no Fly hater... but really, my least favorite songs of the band are one's I consider "boring". The band should never be boring. I consider extending a song by repeating a chorus 16 times, to be lazy and boring.

4. Least favorite album: Hmmm.. this is a toughie. I really like them all, for different reasons. It'd have to be one of among BB, SUL, or BI.
    I think I'll say SUL. There are several forgettable songs, and few really good ones. That said, I played the hell out of that album when it came out. Like I mentioned, I love all the albums, really.
    One thing about SUL that kind of says something to me. It's the one AC/DC album that my Mom loved and listened to. She actually bought the cassette and kept it in her car to listen to during her commute.
    While part of me loved that she liked the album, another part of me was thinking... "AC/DC is not a band that you want your Mom to like."
    SUL is an album that your Mom would like... take that for what it's worth.

5. Other bands?
    Oh, too many to mention, and many are band that would mean nothing to readers here. I'm acutally not huge into the typical "hard rock" bands or metal. I don't love the genre... AC/DC is in a catagory all itself, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to all here for being a part of this community. I'm glad to be here!
    •  
    • Nov 9th 2020

Now that's a first post if I've ever seen one! Welcome!
    • Nov 10th 2020

Welcome BSeattle!
    (And I hope you visit my thread TOP 20 AC/DC SONGS, because we definitely need more lists. :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Nov 10th 2020

Welcome BSeattle. Thanks for taking the leap and becoming a fully patched member of the site.
    Posted By: ToastNow that's a first post if I've ever seen one! Welcome!

probably never hear from him again...
    • AC/DC rock music: BSeattle
    • Nov 11th 2020

Posted By: carlos fandango
    Posted By: ToastNow that's a first post if I've ever seen one! Welcome!

probably never hear from him again...

probably ;)
    Favourite AC/DC song?: Personally, I don't have a favourite song from the boys, since it changes on the daily. However, my current favourite would have to be 'Kicked in the Teeth' purely because I adore the way they delivered the intro to the song, and Bon just sounds so good! (as always ;) )

Favourite AC/DC album?: Well, for the Bon era I would have to say a toss between 'High Voltage' - since feel that album is very strong and has no skips OR 'Powerage' because again, there are some amazing songs on that album and I feel as though it doesn't get enough attention.
    For the Brian era it has always been 'The Razors Edge' - I can't really describe why I love that album, all I know is that I fell in love with it the day i heard it.

Least favourite AC/DC song/album?: Personally. I've never been able to get into the 'For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) album (also answers next question lol) apart from the title track and 'Inject the Venom'. There is no reason why, I just can't seem to get in to it, no matter how hard I try.

Other bands besides AC/DC I'm into include: Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne, Blondie, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed. FFDP, Godsmack, Green Day, MISSIO, Queen. Papa Roach, Rob Zombie, Set It Off, Skillet, Slipknot, System Of A Down and more.
    Hello everyone!

Fantastic times to be a fan of the band! Four years ago I thought it’s over. So happy that all stars aligned and here we are – the happiest fans in the world!

After months of struggling to admit to myself that there was a change in the order, AC/DC finally dethroned the Beatles in 1983, and ever since then, as far as I am concerned, the band has sat on that throne of the greatest band of all time completely undisturbed:)

Favourite song. I can’t pick only one. Three songs are forever carved in stone – Live Wire, Gone Shootin’ and Hells Bells – my holy trinity.

Favourite album. Again, not possible to pick only one. From T.N.T. to Back in Black it is the golden standard. I love them all, equally.

Least favourite song. There are only a few that really irritate me: This Means War, If You Dare, The Honey Roll.

Least favourite album. Black Ice. It’s not that I don’t like it, just my least favourite. It was 8 years between albums…and I managed to build a massive anticipation for what I thought would be a glorious return to form…and then…I blame mostly myself though:)

Bands I like. Way too many to list here. Vast majority is rock related.

Greetings from Bulgaria.
    Welcome From Glasgow.

Like many teenagers I was lucky to be vaccinated with a phonograph needle, but unlike Diamond Dave I know exactly when it was - Tuesday 2nd November 1976. My older brother got me a ticked to see 'some guys from Glasgow who had a 16 yearold school boy playing lead guitar'. As a kid that night in Glasgow City Halls and my introduction to AC/DC has stayed with me all my life.

In the city we were truly spoiled, the outstanding Apollo attracted anyone who was anyone to our home-town. On that massive stage AC/DC played 7 or 8 times, I saw Tom Petty opening for Nils Lofgren and remember paying a full £3.50 for my ticket to see The Ramones. Privileged to say my brother and I were there when the roof came off as Malcolm and the boys came out for their encore and Angus played Fling Thing – Best performance in a Scotland football strips EVER!

The Apollo was our second home, looking back it was probably a shit hole – with no bar the audiences had to actually watch the bands and with no internet if you wanted tickets you had to stand in line for the box office opening. From Abba to Zappa, bands often recorded their show at the Apollo simply because the atmosphere was so incredible - Happy Days.

Through the 70’s and 80’s the city had its own thumping music scene, hundreds of local bands would play The Dial Inn, The Maggie or The Burns Howff. Thousands and Thousands of folks would pitch up every summer for Radio Clyde Free Festival at Kelvingrove. Simple Minds would play the Art School and The Mars Bar and later GUN would Take On The World.
    Posted By: GlasgowKissIn the city we were truly spoiled, the outstanding Apollo attracted anyone who was anyone to our home-town. On that massive stage AC/DC played 7 or 8 times, I saw Tom Petty opening for Nils Lofgren and remember paying a full £3.50 for my ticket to see The Ramones. Privileged to say my brother and I were there when the roof came off as Malcolm and the boys came out for their encore and Angus played Fling Thing – Best performance in a Scotland football strips EVER!

Jealous! That performance from AC/DC at the Apollo in Glasgow is my favourite live footage of not only AC/DC but of any musical act ever! You're very lucky to have experienced that mate. Whenever people ask me why I love AC/DC so much one of the things I often do is play them the live video footage of that performance, it's simply stunning!
    Hello I’m a long time stalker here and after the release of the new album I couldn’t resist joining. These last 6 or so years have been extremely tough for the band and I really thought it was over. Power Up is an amazing comeback in my opinion they sound amazing.

Favorite song. Whole Lotta Rosie. In my opinion the perfect rock song. Memorable intro riff as well as verse riff. 2 absolutely amazing solos, you can’t go wrong with this song it any song from let there be rock

Favorite album. Let There Br Rock. This is every teenage rockers wet dream. Every song on this album rocks up to 11. There’s not another album that sounds like it, and it has in my opinion an iconic album cover

Least favorite song. I’ve honestly grown to like every song they’ve done but if I had to choose one it would be Anything Goes I don’t hate it but I wouldn’t go out of my way to listen to it. It does have a great solo

Least favorite album. Just like the songs I’ve grown to love every album but the album I listen to the least is the razors edge. The production just hasn’t aged well i mostly listen to the live versions of those songs from the live album they sound so much better especially moneytalks

Other bands I like. Slayer, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Iron Maiden, pretty much the only bands I absolutely hate are Kiss and Motley Crue they’re sorry excuses for bands in my opinion
    • Dec 1st 2020 edited

Posted By: WholelottagiacoLeast favorite album. Just like the songs I’ve grown to love every album but the album I listen to the least is the razors edge. The production just hasn’t aged well i mostly listen to the live versions of those songs from the live album they sound so much better especially moneytalks

Other bands I like. Slayer, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Iron Maiden, pretty much the only bands I absolutely hate are Kiss and Motley Crue they’re sorry excuses for bands in my opinion

I absolutely love KISS and Mötley Crüe, and studio version of Moneytalks is one of the Top 20 AC/DC songs for me, but... Hello! :-)

And I hope you contribute your list of TOP 20 AC/DC SONGS to my thread of the same name. Because we definitely need more lists! (But it's probably on the fourth page now, because no one contributed there for a long time.)
    Anyway, thank you in advance.
    Hello fellow acdc lovers!

Firstly, I'd like to say a huge thank you for allowing me into this wonderful forum. I've been a fan for quite some time and decided it was time to join, since this is where all the hardcore fans are, right?! I've been browsing some of the forums threads and I seem to recognise quite a few peeps from Twitter, which is nice to see. This seems to be such a wonderful community and I am very pleased that I am now apart of it. I hope I will be able to create some friendships with some fellow acdc lovers, so if you'd like to be friends, please follow me on Instagram and Twitter (@)bbyhellsbells I'd love to chat with you peeps!!! xxxx

Onto the questions!

Favourite song? Well, if you can't tell by my handle, my favourite song is Hell's Bell's, why? Honestly, I don't think I could answer that one I just think it's neat.

Favourite album? Hmmm, from the Bon Scott era I have to go with Highway to Hell, you just can't beat it! and for the Brian Johnson era I have to go with Back in Black since that album holds a very special place in my heart, because that was the album that got me into this fandom

Least favourite song? Hummm, that's a tough one but if I had to choose I would say Safe in New York City . Simply because I fin that song a little too repetitive with the lyrics, still a great song tho just not one of my top ones

Least favourite album? Hummm, again a tough question, but I would say Blow Up Your Video only because I only like two or three songs out of the whole album.

What other bands do I listen to? Well, I listen to quite a lot, too many to list so here are my top (apart from acdc, no one ca top them!) : Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Rainbow, Queen and I have just discovered The Who (thanks dad hehe!)

I can't wait to get more involved in this forum, lots of love - babyhellsbells xxxxx
    Welcome!
    Posted By: babyhellsbellsHello fellow acdc lovers!

Firstly, I'd like to say a huge thank you for allowing me into this wonderful forum. I've been a fan for quite some time and decided it was time to join, since this is where all the hardcore fans are, right?! I've been browsing some of the forums threads and I seem to recognise quite a few peeps from Twitter, which is nice to see. This seems to be such a wonderful community and I am very pleased that I am now apart of it. I hope I will be able to create some friendships with some fellow acdc lovers, so if you'd like to be friends, please follow me on Instagram and Twitter (@)bbyhellsbells I'd love to chat with you peeps!!! xxxx

Onto the questions!

Favourite song? Well, if you can't tell by my handle, my favourite song is Hell's Bell's, why? Honestly, I don't think I could answer that one I just think it's neat.

Favourite album? Hmmm, from the Bon Scott era I have to go with Highway to Hell, you just can't beat it! and for the Brian Johnson era I have to go with Back in Black since that album holds a very special place in my heart, because that was the album that got me into this fandom

Least favourite song? Hummm, that's a tough one but if I had to choose I would say Safe in New York City . Simply because I fin that song a little too repetitive with the lyrics, still a great song tho just not one of my top ones

Least favourite album? Hummm, again a tough question, but I would say Blow Up Your Video only because I only like two or three songs out of the whole album.

What other bands do I listen to? Well, I listen to quite a lot, too many to list so here are my top (apart from acdc, no one ca top them!) : Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Rainbow, Queen and I have just discovered The Who (thanks dad hehe!)

I can't wait to get more involved in this forum, lots of love - babyhellsbells xxxxx
    Hey, your username is adorable! I just followed you on Twitter (wholelottalaur) message me, I'd love to be friends! :))
    Hello everyone. I've been coming here since 2014 on and off an thought I might as well sign up. My favorite song is Hard As A Rock. I first heard it on the radio in 1995 an thought it was awesome. I was thirteen at the time. And yes,Ball Breaker is my favorite album. I love every song on that album. As for least favorite song/album,I really don't dislike any AC/DC. It's all good or great to my ears. As for other bands I'm into I love Led Zeppelin, David Bowie and The Doors plus some more. Although AC/DC is the best band ever IMO.
    Hi All, new member here, but been a fan of the band for over 20 years. Quick background on my introduction to AC/DC, I grew up in a very rural area of the US, and we were a bit behind the music scene. In the 90's most of my friends were listening to Metallica, Bon Jovi, and a lot of other 80's bands. Wanting to bring something new to the group, I discovered AC/DC, and that was definitely the way I wanna to rock 'n' roll.

On to the list:

Favorite Song: TNT
    Sure, it's on the radio or played at a sports event. But, having seen them play this song live, I can honestly say there is no experience in life like being in a stadium full of fans chanting - Oi! Oi! Oi! at the same time. It's powerful. It's loud. It's the bass drum pounding through your entire body. You can't help but raise your fist in the air and yell Oi! at the top of your lungs.

Favorite Album: AC/DC Live
    So many great albums to choose from, I particularly like Powerage and Highway to Hell from the Bon Scott years, and of course, the epic Back in Black album. But, Live was the first album I ever listened to, and that was it. I've been hooked for life, and it's my go to album.

Least Favorite Song: Anything Goes
    Off the BI album, it's just "meh" for me. To keep it clean, this category is a bit like pizza to me. I'm probably not going to say no to it, and even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Least Favorite Album: Ballbreaker
    Again, it's just "meh" to me. I know a lot of people will go Flick of the Switch or Fly on the Wall. Granted, those albums sound like they were recorded in my basement, but there was still a raw energy about them. BB has the least amount of memorable songs, and their most subdued album, in my opinion. Outside of HAAR, BB, and Hail Caesar, I have to go back and look what's on the track list.

Other Bands: Metallica, Aerosmith, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, 80's bands
    AC/DC dominates my play list. I love to play AC/DC on guitar, work out to AC/DC, and you get the point... I rotate a lot of bands in there, but listen to AC/DC every day. One thing to note, my personal bucket list wish is to form an AC/DC tribute band, or at least jam with like minded individuals. I saw the House Band on youtube and found this website. Those are some amazing covers and talented musicians. Feel free to reach out, always happy to share ideas or music. Cheers!
    1 too many during the Bon Scott era.

2 every one that Bon Scott sang on.

3 Baby please don't go. I do like the video....

4 None during the Bon Scott era.

5 Hendrix, Page, Townsend, Knopfler, VanHalen.....Long list ! Two kinds of music, good and bad. I saw ACDC at the Waldorf in San Fran in 1977. I first heard them on the radio in 1975 in my town of San Rafael on KTIM. I have heard the radio broadcast of the Waldorf show I saw. It is not bad unless you compare being there to see them. WOW ! I am joining here now because I want to be able to buy some DVD's of their shows. I have the concert from Paris in December 1979. Bon looks tired and the sound needs to be made more spatial or stereoish. The interruptions of airplanes and cars needs the scissors. My question is you are reading this is, WHAT CNOCERT VIDEO IS OUT THERE THAT I CAN BUY PLEASE. I really like the Glasgow show songs I have heard on Youtube. A few others also. I would have loved it if Bon could have been on the Donnington DVD. Cheers!
    •  
    • Jan 23rd 2021

Welcome folks :)))
    • AC/DC rock music: Sonne
    • Feb 22nd 2021 edited

Hello everyone,

and greetings from Germany.
    My favorite Song is Down Payment Blues because I especially love Malcolms guitar in this Song.
    Favorite Album is Powerage AND Flick of the Switch. Both Albums have great Riffs and I like the Sound of both Albums.
    From the Beginning I never had a connection to Shoot to Thrill, maybe because the clapping part annoys me.
    The Razors Edge is my least favorite Album. Great Songs on it without a doubt, but I never liked the Sound.
    Black Sabbath, The White Stripes, Manowar, Finntroll, W.A.S.P. , The Smashing Pumpkins, Böhse Onkelz, Rosendo

Cheers,

Sonne
    • AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Feb 24th 2021

Hey there - just signed up although having been dipping in and out for a while. Great to be part of the community and looking forward to chatting. First some history....

First saw the band at Donington in 1984, then on FOTW tour, RE tour, and a mate got me on the guest list for Hammy '03 so was up front on the floor (saw Phil at after party), then BI tour 2 nights in Toronto.

Now to the questions!

Fav song: Riff Raff probably - killer riff, solo but Gone Shootin, DPB pretty much anything from Powerage. Shake a Leg, or Landslide from Brian era.
    Fav album: Powerage, and i think you all know why! Of the Brian era, FOTS is a killer record, I may even prefer it to BiB, or it's at least equal!
    Least Fav Song: Cover You In oil, Honey roll - just not great, plodding with really bad lyric.
    Least Fav Album: Ballbreaker. reason: see ^
    Other bands: anything with a guitar in it, pretty much!

cheers, JCDC
    Posted By: JCDCHey there - just signed up although having been dipping in and out for a while. Great to be part of the community and looking forward to chatting. First some history....

First saw the band at Donington in 1984, then on FOTW tour, RE tour, and a mate got me on the guest list for Hammy '03 so was up front on the floor (saw Phil at after party), then BI tour 2 nights in Toronto.

Now to the questions!

Fav song: Riff Raff probably - killer riff, solo but Gone Shootin, DPB pretty much anything from Powerage. Shake a Leg, or Landslide from Brian era.
    Fav album: Powerage, and i think you all know why! Of the Brian era, FOTS is a killer record, I may even prefer it to BiB, or it's at least equal!
    Least Fav Song: Cover You In oil, Honey roll - just not great, plodding with really bad lyric.
    Least Fav Album: Ballbreaker. reason: see ^
    Other bands: anything with a guitar in it, pretty much!

cheers, JCDC

Hello there and welcome to the forum! :D
    Hello there!

1. Favourite song: Stiff Upper Lip. It was the first AC/DC Song and Album I remember listend to with my father. And I really like this bluesy lick.

2. Favourite album: Powerage. Very groovy and bluesy album. I would never skip a song on that.

3. Least favourite song: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. It's annoying.

4. Least favourite album: Fly on the Wall/ Flick of the Switch. I don't have any conncections to them, I really don't listen to these songs, apart from 3/4 Songs. And bad production.

5. Other Bands: Rival Sons (pretty awesome, next to AC/DC my favourite band), Led Zeppelin, Greta Van Fleet, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Rammstein, Linkin Park, Queen, The Beatles, Die Ärzte, Green Day
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 9th 2021

Welcome to the forum, Marv!