[ Sign In | Register ]

Hold on.... Vincent, did I meet you in Camden on the day between the two O2 shows with Matteo and Stefano Abruzzo?
    • AC/DC rock music: chenta3
    • Jun 7th 2011

Nice pics Vin welcome to the forum mate
    Posted By: ulstersaintHold on.... Vincent, did I meet you in Camden on the day between the two O2 shows with Matteo and Stefano Abruzzo?

Yeah !!! I was there with the Italians... and you, send me the picture, I remember I took a picture that day in the Bar in Camden !!!
    The second 02 was the last arena for me !!! Front row !!! It was a Very very very Rock'n'Roll night !!!!
    How the hell are you, mate? Yeah, you took a picture of me and the Abruzzo boys in our Hammersmith shirts in a pub in Camden. I think the picture is in their book too?

Anyway, good to hear from you and I'm glad you've found this forum. There's also something in the back of my mind about you and your shoes - the Abruzzo lads were teasing you about something. Am I going mad, or do I recall correctly?
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Jun 8th 2011

welcome...I am an original member here, I rule
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Jun 17th 2011

Hello, I'm new so I'll answer your questions.
    Fav Song...Downpayment Blues. Brilliant tension building riff & Bon at his poetic best
    Fav LP...Powerage. Dynamite, polished enough to break the band huge, and raw enough to be pure DC
    Least Fav Song...Hard As A Rock. Crap riff, crap lyrics
    Least Fav LP...Fly On The Wall. One paced, sounds tired like they can't be arsed
    Other bands?...Hanoi Rocks, Ramones, Bad Religion, 999, Motorhead...any good loud rock band that has developed their own style/sound and has the balls to stick with it no matter what.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jun 17th 2011

How-do. Welcome to the forum. I'll warn you, 'DC tribute bands are a bit Marmite in here. Me, I love 'em. Well I had a fantastic (drunken) night at a Live Wire gig last year anyway. Looking at your website, you seem to be marginally north for me. Even Coalville is an hour plus drive (although I do have mates that live there). Give us a shout if you eber venture to South Lincolnshire
    Hello everbody
    Fav song : Riff Raff........Top Riff and Solo.
    Fav LP : Powerage.....not a duff track in sight (Back in Black is a very close 2nd).
    Least fav song : Long song.
    Least fav LP : The Razors Edge........Totally over-rated.(Thunderstruck is a killer of a song).
    Other Bands : Motorhead, ZZ Top, Rose Tattoo, Ramones......loads of classic rock.
    • Jun 20th 2011

wow stuhilton thats a pretty decent list you got their welcome aboard
    Thank you chenta3, I have been a big DC fan since I first heard Guns for Hire on the Tommy Vance Rock radio show back in1983. Flick of the Switch being the first LP I bought / heard.
    Seen them live 14 times.....4 times on the Black Ice Tour... Manchester Arena being the best.

Look forward to 'chatting' to fellow rockers.

PS Cant wait for the next tour.....
    • Jun 20th 2011

Posted By: stuhiltonThank you chenta3, I have been a big DC fan since I first heard Guns for Hire on the Tommy Vance Rock radio show back in1983. Flick of the Switch being the first LP I bought / heard.
    Seen them live 14 times.....4 times on the Black Ice Tour... Manchester Arena being the best.

Look forward to 'chatting' to fellow rockers.

PS Cant wait for the next tour.....
    wow thats pretty awesome man FOTS as your first record you start off with one of the best
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 20th 2011

Welcome aboard Stu!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Saik0
    • Jun 20th 2011

Nice to have you with us Stu'

... would have been proud if my first dc record was FOTS
    • Jun 20th 2011

Posted By: Saik0

... would have been proud if my first dc record was FOTS
    Deff something to be proud of indeed
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Powerage
    • Jun 21st 2011

Welcome, Stu.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jul 7th 2011

Fav song : The hardest question, period. I'll go with Sin City. This is my pick because I think this song has all the elements of a great AC/DC tune. Moody intro, superb riff, heavy but yet classic style, it swings, it has some nice and poetry lyrics (IMO), the guitar solo is a killer (one of Angus' best), the break is moody also and perhaps it's Cliff's greatest moment with his instrument.
    Fav LP : Powerage. I would say IYWB because to this day it has been the most fantastic AC/DC experience (along with LTBR movie) I've ever had in my life. Of course it's very hard to pick one, anyway I think Powerage ends that rawness era in terms of production and every song in that record is gem.
    Least fav song : First Blood. The odds of this choice being from FOTW or BUYV are enormous...lol
    Least fav LP : Blow up your video. Production is terrible, Brian does not sound good and he's too damn melodic in most of the songs compared with previous recordings. Some good ideas regarding riffs and solos but the overall result is unsatisfactory.
    Other Bands : Who, Free, Rush, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Floyd, Stones, Jimi Hendrix and all other good classic rock bands
    •  
    • Jul 7th 2011

Welcome aboard Rikha!

Very solid picks. Although First Blood is one of my favs on FOTW :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jul 7th 2011

Thanks Jem! And sorry about First Blood, but I don't really dig that one off FOTW.
    First blood is my least favorite off that album too, but the rest is good. Welcome to the forum!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 7th 2011

Good answers
    welcome guys !

fav. song: Squeeler :)
    fav. album: Let There Be Rock
    least fav. song: Anything goes
    least fav album(s): Flick Of The Switch, Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, Black Ice
    Welcome Fredperry.

Least fav Ballbreaker and Flick??????
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jul 25th 2011

hello fred
    :) Guys, I love every single note of AC but if I was asked - these are the albums that I listen not very often, but still I do like them. I am huge Bon Era fan, but also love 80-92 period so actually period when I have started to listen to the band (1988)
    Hey fred!

Glad to see you here, (it's flickofthethunderdeeds on acdcbootlegs)

Welcome :D
    • Jul 25th 2011

hello Fred but ruud its not that they hate them album their just their least favourites and Fred is an totally awesome name
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jul 25th 2011

Hi Fred. Great choices for best album and worst song BTW.
    WOW Never seen anyone with Flick in their worsts! I'm sure this will make for some interesting debate. Welcome to the forum. make yourself at home.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

*shakes head and walks away* :)
    hello Flick...I mean Nitro :)Nice to see old mates here. @crispyvenom: why FOTS?...for me this album started a new era in AC/DC. Lyrics started to be...hmm not so deep as previously secondly till FOTS every song on album was a killer, from FOTS albums started to have couple of Killers, some Bandits :) and a rest of fillers...ohh there are a lots of other reasons...so from the period 1983 to 2011 best albums for me are Blow Up Your Video - probably because it was my first ACDC album I have bought and heard and The Razors Edge - during razors edge tour I have seen the band for the first time
    You definetly do have some valid points, its just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Welcome Fred :)

Fillers on every record apart from Powerage and BIB.
    FOTS murders every record after it.
    Hello Jem...Fillers on LTBR? I can not find any...to make this album perfect masterpiece I would replace Problem Child from International version and Crabsody in Blue from the other one by Carry Me Home. They could do this, song existed that time...why problem child for the second time? mystery
    Posted By: crispyvenomits just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.

Could be why he minces today, he's trying to shake'em back out of his lungs.

When they finally drop back into place,he'll set Mal straight and get back on lyrics.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

Go Down
    Crabsody In Blue

There's 2 fillers right there...
    Posted By: nitroangus23
    Posted By: crispyvenomits just Flick and Fly have the most bad ass riffs on any AC/DC album, and Brian screaming his nuts off.

Could be why he minces today, he's trying to shake'em back out of his lungs.

When they finally drop back into place,he'll set Mal straight and get back on lyrics.

Damn I am LOLing a lot on here today.

And I'm gonna get killed for this, but Overdose is totally filler on LTBR.
    •  
    • Jul 25th 2011

That is just plain crazy talk :)

It might not be quite top tier, and in relation to the big 4 on LTBR there's not much that is, but Overdose is never never filler.
    Posted By: crispyvenomAnd I'm gonna get killed for this, but Overdose is totally filler on LTBR.

Looking for my gun now.... :)
    common guys :) Go Down and Overdose are killer tracks...they put new life to go down during VH-1 session I do love both versions
    Go Down is awesome period.