[ Sign In | Register ]

What are your thoughts on Primus?
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Oct 1st 2023

Primus sucks and I like them. They fukin jam.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 1st 2023

I only know My Name Is Mud.
    And all i can say is i fucking loved that song and the video for it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Oct 1st 2023

I like these two...

But when I listened to "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" I wasn't feeling it. However that was several years ago, so I may well revisit it/them at some point.
    They made the South Park theme song so that’s a plus for me

An incredibly talented group of musicians. I think they sometimes get pigeonholed or dismissed as a joke band because Les' vocal style is so eccentric and goofy at times, but they are first-rate musicians with chops for days.

This version of Pink Floyd's Pigs by Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade side project is amazing.

Amazing live band and better now than ever , all incredible musicians
    Saw them few years ago covering Rush for second set and going to see frog brigade later this month
    Les Claypool is an unreal bassist. I always liked Winona Ryder’s Big Brown Beaver. And the South Park theme.
    Posted By: WholelottagiacoThey made the South Park theme song so that’s a plus for me

I love South Park. In my top 3 favorite shows.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Oct 1st 2023

Pros in what they too. Too out there for me.

Les Claypool auditioned for Metallica hah. On of Les best friends is Buckethead, this is a song of theirs:

Posted By: moosefball77I heard Bon Scott wrote all of Primus albums.

Don't be a dipshit.
    I have most of their albums, and yes Primus Sucks!!
    Posted By: landslide2008

Don't be a dipshit.

Relax kid. It’s gonna be okay I promise. There’s this thing called a sense of humor… you will see it from different posters here. You should try it. ;)

Note: Mark your off topic threads with the Prefix “OT:”
    Posted By: moosefball77

Don't be a dipshit.

Relax kid. It’s gonna be okay I promise. There’s this thing called a sense of humor… you will see it from different posters here. You should try it. ;)

God I love this forum xD

Don't be a dipshit.

No dude I'm cool lol. I just came off of that Jesse Fink post that pissed me off.
    Posted By: landslide2008What are your thoughts on Primus?

I like em.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Oct 1st 2023

HEAVY WEEN

Don't be a dipshit.

No dude I'm cool lol. I just came off of that Jesse Fink post that pissed me off.

Lol. Don’t let Jessie bother you. He’s just a fictional writer trying to get people to buy his book.

Don't be a dipshit.

Lol. Don’t let Jessie bother you. He’s just a fictional writer trying to get people to by his book.

I know dude, it's just he's cashing in on a guy who isn't here nor can defend himself.
    Don't really listen to Primus, but appreciate Les Claypool's bass playing.

Saw them live back around '93/'94 at Selina's in Coogee, a smallish indoor venue, during a hot bloody summer. Friends and I made the mistake of trying to get as close as possible to the stage before the set. It was an absolute crush, and so stinking hot and crammed you couldn't breathe. It was difficult to stay on your feet and avoid getting trampled. Foot space was at a premium and you had to use every leg muscle to hold what ground you already had. We also tried to create small spaces between us and bring a little bit of desperately needed relief from the air pockets they created. We just wanted the band to start as soon as possible at that stage. When they finally started, everyone started jumping in unison. The jumping was partly involuntary since everyone was so tightly packed - if you didn't jump you risked getting hurt or trampled. The jumping also provided much needed relief, since it allowed us to breathe better, like artificial CPR. Claypool was slapping his bass and scanning the front of the audience with a deep look of concern on his face. Got out of there after a few songs and watched the rest from a safer distance.
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatDon't really listen to Primus, but appreciate Les Claypool's bass playing.

Saw them live back around '93/'94 at Selina's in Coogee, a smallish indoor venue, during a hot bloody summer. Friends and I made the mistake of trying to get as close as possible to the stage before the set. It was an absolute crush, and so stinking hot and crammed you couldn't breathe. It was difficult to stay on your feet and avoid getting trampled. Foot space was at a premium and you had to use every leg muscle to hold what ground you already had. We also tried to create small spaces between us and bring a little bit of desperately needed relief from the air pockets they created. We just wanted the band to start as soon as possible at that stage. When they finally started, everyone started jumping in unison. The jumping was partly involuntary since everyone was so tightly packed - if you didn't jump you risked getting hurt or trampled. The jumping also provided much needed relief, since it allowed us to breathe better, like artificial CPR. Claypool was slapping his bass and scanning the front of the audience with a deep look of concern on his face. Got out of there after a few songs and watched the rest from a safer distance.

Awesome story!
    Amazing band with a unique sound, I rate Claypool very highly.
    • AC/DC rock music: AcesHigh78
    • Oct 2nd 2023 edited

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatDon't really listen to Primus, but appreciate Les Claypool's bass playing.

Awesome story!

I don't know if I'd call it "awesome", lol. I've been in a crushing crowd like that, and it can be pretty fucking scary. At one point, I was lifted off my feet and was moving through a sea of bodies as if it was water. My friend and I just fought our way through the crowd away from the main stage and back to a point where it wasn't so tightly packed.

The worst part was it was for that degenerate asshole Kid Rock, who was opening for Metallica.
    Masterpiece.

It´s like watching the original Texas chainsaw massacre. You need a shower afterwords. Just dirty.