[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • Apr 26th 2023

Posted By: azelJonnya - “I enjoy AC/DC 78-83”

Really? What is your opinion of “Let there be rock” album?

Genuinely interested.

Decent but i heard IYWB first (and played it a lot) so got more used to that version of some of the songs.
    I heard 5 songs from the album, and that's enough for me. They try to do interesting stuff in places, but it always goes back to a super safe "Wal-Mart" sound.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 17th 2023

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jun 1st 2023

MetallicA LIVE coming to a cinema near you

CINEMA
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jun 16th 2023

Not a big Metallica fan, but credit where it’s due, their new festival stage show is first class.
    Minimal onstage props, but the video/audio towers they have and the use of them are out of this world. No silly cartoon bobble head animations, just great onstage action and very fitting video to accompany and introduce the music.
    And at Download, full access to their use was given to every band.
    Posted By: azelAnd at Download, full access to their use was given to every band.

That's pretty cool of them! I've also liked the live videos I've seen. Very funny stuff backstage and stuff, too. Hetfield going out of his way to light a fan's smoke and things like that. Hetfield has become a total pro onstage.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jun 16th 2023

Posted By: BallToucher
    Posted By: azelAnd at Download, full access to their use was given to every band.

That's pretty cool of them! I've also liked the live videos I've seen. Very funny stuff backstage and stuff, too. Hetfield going out of his way to light a fan's smoke and things like that. Hetfield has become a total pro onstage.

It's been nice over the years to watch Hetfield go from a surly tortured soul to someone who seems quite at peace and happy in himself. Although that transformation has probably cost him his edge, I think most people would take it. It's more important to be happy.
    Saw them in Gothenburg and they were pretty cool. Even though the audience was about 56 000 each night Hetfield made direct contact with people in the front who were shouting out for specific songs and stuff like that, and some of the band members even came out to do som improvised jam for a couple of minutes. Lars spoke directly to the crowd about his wish to play the big arena in Gothenburg when he was a kid, tried on a Danish hat and things. They seemed relaxed and not so coordinated as other bands (no names mentioned) of their stature.
    Also they donate around 100 000 Euros to the local charity. I wish more big bands were like that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Jun 22nd 2023

Posted By: soulstripper666Saw them in Gothenburg and they were pretty cool. Even though the audience was about 56 000 each night Hetfield made direct contact with people in the front who were shouting out for specific songs and stuff like that, and some of the band members even came out to do som improvised jam for a couple of minutes. Lars spoke directly to the crowd about his wish to play the big arena in Gothenburg when he was a kid, tried on a Danish hat and things. They seemed relaxed and not so coordinated as other bands (no names mentioned) of their stature.
    Also they donate around 100 000 Euros to the local charity. I wish more big bands were like that.

Great guys (obviously). Heard that Lars said that they’ll be back in may next year. Don’t know what to think about the stage design though. Seems a bit strange, but probably works better when it gets dark.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Jun 22nd 2023

Hi folks. How are you ?

I really enjoy 72 seasons. Best Metallica album since Load for me. I am trying to not overplay it. It’s a great metal record. Love the production and mix. Love the pumping bass. Not a single song I skip, let it roll until it’s over. That is the sign of a great album for me. It’s solid metal. Too far gone is great. Crown and You must burn have sabbath, ACDC vibes in parts. Have the Walmart yellow marble vinyl and it ROCKS.
    The stage set up looked great but was pretty bad for those standing since you only saw the band if one of them happened to be in your angle. A normal stage would've given it more of a "band attack" feel, but of course those furthest away from such a stage would've hade a hard time seeing anything. Problem is the size of the venue, it's impossible to make a set up so that everyone can see the band good i gigantic stadia.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Jun 22nd 2023

Posted By: soulstripper666The stage set up looked great but was pretty bad for those standing since you only saw the band if one of them happened to be in your angle. A normal stage would've given it more of a "band attack" feel, but of course those furthest away from such a stage would've hade a hard time seeing anything. Problem is the size of the venue, it's impossible to make a set up so that everyone can see the band good i gigantic stadia.

Thanks for review. I have snake pit tickets in Detroit. I guess it’s the area inside the stage or circle. In your opinion, are those tickets going to be great for me ? Thanks