[ Sign In | Register ]

Lead single from the new album Diamond Star Halos coming out in late May.

Thoughts?
    on what song or video...?
    not sure i like much of them after pyromania for me that was the last great album...ok (here we go ..Hysteria was the best ) sorry not for me as for the new song..seems its what they do best..pop rock nowdays...singalong 70s style groove....sounds ok.....mr perm your thoughts...?....video ..just made me yawn.....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Kamikaze
    • Apr 14th 2022

Posted By: the flash inbetween (here we go ..Hysteria was the best )

No, the best was High´n´Dry!

The new Song is....nice.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Apr 14th 2022

Posted By: mutt_langes_permLead single from the new album Diamond Star Halos coming out in late May.

Thoughts?

FFS I have to Google the video?!
    Lazy, is my thoughts
    Posted By: the flash inbetweenon what song or video...?

Posted By: TreehornFFS I have to Google the video?!

Ha! Sorry, guys. My intention was to include the video with my initial post. My apologies.
    No surprises here. Classic Def Leppard.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 15th 2022

That is better than I expected.
    No riffs like Billy's Got A Gun, anymore? The song is passable, I suppose.
    Posted By: InfernoThat is better than I expected.

Agreed.

I've always liked Def Leppard but a lot of their newer material doesn't do much for me. This sounds like a step in the right direction.

I'll check out the album for sure.
    • AC/DC rock music: Treffo
    • Apr 20th 2022

Another step (a bigger one) in the right direction:

Damn! Those guys look old.
    Posted By: TreffoAnother step (a bigger one) in the right direction:

That song has something going in the right direction.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 20th 2022

The most positive thing about that Kick video is that Phil Collen finally kept his clothes on.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Apr 20th 2022

Posted By: mutt_langes_permThoughts?

S___E.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Apr 21st 2022

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: TreffoAnother step (a bigger one) in the right direction:

That song has something going in the right direction.

Yup, clearly better than Kick.
    Despite looking older than my grandad's bollocks these new tracks and last album were the sound of a band in fine form. That is as long as you were a Def Leppard fan in the 1st place. If you've always hated DL then you'll still think they're a pile of wank and the new stuff is evidence of that.
    •  
    • Apr 23rd 2022

I think I might actually like this new album. Could be the first good one since 1983. Is that Joe Elliott on the Take What You Want song?
    Posted By: InfernoI think I might actually like this new album. Could be the first good one since 1983. Is that Joe Elliott on the Take What You Want song?

You're getting soft in your middle age. :P

Yes, that's Joe Elliott on lead vocals o TWYW. He's completely lost the grittiness in his voice.
    Posted By: the flash inbetweenmr perm your thoughts...?

If Kick came on the radio, I wouldn't change the station.
    Def Leppard really enjoy their circus videos:

Posted By: ThankassThe most positive thing about that Kick video is that Phil Collen finally kept his clothes on.

Ha! But when he's not wearing a shirt, his overly muscular torso has an effect of distracting you from his 90 year old face.
    •  
    • Apr 24th 2022 edited

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ThankassThe most positive thing about that Kick video is that Phil Collen finally kept his clothes on.

Ha! But when he's not wearing a shirt, his overly muscular torso has an effect of distracting you from his 90 year old face.

I am proud to say that I got quoted in Classic Rock magazine for mentioning that Phil could wear a shirt every once in a while and we'd all be okay with it. : )
    Another new one. Starts out slow, the first 40 seconds didn't grab me but I kept listening and the rest of the song rocks! What do you think?

I bet Joe’s old lady had a good laugh at these lines:

You're the tonic to my thirst
    Sweet nectar of sin
    I keep runnin' away
    But you keep draggin' me in
    And I just can't stop it
    All night, every day
    How these clowns are still making, and seemingly selling records in 2022 is frankly mental

Until you see who’s buying them of course
    •  
    • May 22nd 2022 edited

I do not like Fire It Up as well as the other two.
    Sounds a bit like they were trying to recreate Pour Some Sugar On Me in the verses, including the lyrics which were originally a random cut-and-paste job with Mutt and everyone throwing lyrical ideas into the ring.
    •  
    • May 22nd 2022

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatSounds a bit like they were trying to recreate Pour Some Sugar On Me in the verses, including the lyrics which were originally a random cut-and-paste job with Mutt and everyone throwing lyrical ideas into the ring.

Exactly.
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • May 23rd 2022

Fire it up kinda blows imo.
    Fire It Up isn't that good. Sounds like they wanted to recreate sounds of the Hysteria album two generations later. I liked Take What You Want. Some cool harmonies and more depth to that song.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • May 24th 2022

Posted By: MeanstreakFire It Up isn't that good. Sounds like they wanted to recreate sounds of the Hysteria album two generations later. I liked Take What You Want. Some cool harmonies and more depth to that song.

Yes, Take what you want is clearly the best out of them three.
    Posted By: MeanstreakFire It Up isn't that good. Sounds like they wanted to recreate sounds of the Hysteria album two generations later.

That's what I like about it. They were at their best in the 80s so I like that they are going back to that sound.
    They're shit now and they were shit then.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonThey're shit now and they were shit then.

Why even post if this is all you have to add? Just close the thread.

I expect these comments from Billy but not you.
    Posted By: ShootToThrill
    Posted By: Alex LebanonThey're shit now and they were shit then.

Why even post if this is all you have to add? Just close the thread.

I expect these comments from Billy but not you.

I have really tried with DL - and I do enjoy their first two, especially High & Dry, so I'll just wind my neck in a bit :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 25th 2022 edited

Aw, c'mon, at least "Photograph" is sooo 80s and nostalgic to the max XD I kinda love it for that

So good and cheesy, could almost have been a song by Journey (I guess that's why I like it:)
    •  
    • May 25th 2022 edited

DEF LEPPARD
    Diamond Star Halos
    7/10

https://blabbermouth...
    No worries Alex, just caught me at a bad moment. :)

I know Def Leppard aren't for everyone.
    Just new video:

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 27th 2022

Today I set some time aside to listen to the new album. Actually, that's bollocks, I needed to cook and eat some food, go for a shit and clip my toenails, so I put it on in the background whilst doing those.

It's alright actually. It made me feel quite nostalgic for the 80s, cheesy films etc. I'd say it's no more than 20% filler. I might even buy the vinyl.