[ Sign In | Register ]

Alright so this has recently came to me, AC/DC have recorded a live album for every tour they've done since The Razors Edge:

The Razors Edge - Live At Donington
    Ballbreaker - No Bull
    Stiff Upper Lip - Stiff Upper Lip Live
    The 2003 tour - Live At The Circus Krone
    Black Ice - Live At River Plate

However nothing was recorded for the ROB tour? Why is that? I remember hearing something about audience members at a specific show being told they were gonna be filmed, but nothing ever came of that. Anyone here know why?
    Because no shows on that tour were release-worthy.
    Because there is a surprise lingering for you from this tour, as soon as they release a double live album with Axl.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • 7 days ago

Even Mike Frasers' lips are sealed when it comes to Wrigley Field.
    At least they could have released some songs from the tour, like the 2001 videos from paris. Not every performance was that bad.
    Yeah they recorded Wrigley

My guess is that It didnt cut the mustard. The band did enoughly so, but the American crowd based on the crowd recordings was horrible, I mean they eat nachos, go to the toilet and the silicon tittie blondes only come out for you Shook me all night long - you just cant build a two hour blueray etc with those spices
    Obviously Brian and even so the band weren't on great form at many points in that tour, as far as releasing a DVD without massive editing anyway.

For all we know they've been in the studio for the last 6 years trying to get it release worthy ;)
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2Yeah they recorded Wrigley

My guess is that It didnt cut the mustard. The band did enoughly so, but the American crowd based on the crowd recordings was horrible, I mean they eat nachos, go to the toilet and the silicon tittie blondes only come out for you Shook me all night long - you just cant build a two hour blueray etc with those spices

Hate to agree. Should've shot the DVD during one of the Germany gigs. In audience vids I've seen, American crowds are always fucking terrible.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • 7 days ago

Rumour has it they’re still trying to fix the drum track.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • 7 days ago

I'd rather they released an archival show from the Canon & Bell Tour, or something even earlier, than a show from the last tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • 7 days ago

Posted By: IkariTheBun
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2Yeah they recorded Wrigley

Hate to agree. Should've shot the DVD during one of the Germany gigs. In audience vids I've seen, American crowds are always fucking terrible.

Or Barcelona, where both the band and the crowd were on fire!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • 7 days ago

Wrigley is still in the cutting room, they're trying to get rid of all that extra Hi Hat. Latest update suggests they're about half done. With the 1st song.
    Didn’t cut the mustard.

I think it just shows, like delayed PWR/Up release, that Ang still has tight grip on reigns for what goes out
    • AC/DC rock music: Edo02
    • 7 days ago edited

The hit hat in the mix should be louder than angus guitar... in my opinion
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • 7 days ago

Posted By: CliffFINmark2My guess is that It didnt cut the mustard.

Posted By: Geordie_boot_boyDidn’t cut the mustard.

Also the shit was only room temperature and it was deemed to be more of a toe curling time rather than the desired toe tapping one.
    • AC/DC rock music: Glum9
    • 7 days ago

But Brian Sounded good that night. Better than River Plate.
    I think Wrigley was discarded as a release not for quality reasons, but for Angus and Brian's falling-out, and Axl's coming in.
    Remember, there was talk on here about Angus wanting to do more with Axl afterward. That may have actually been the plan for awhile.
    But I think it was discarded because it was awhile before Angus and Brian were on good terms again.
    Basically, there's at least rough footage of it, if not completed, sitting in the vaults.
    I bet it would make a KILLER Blu-ray (and everybody putting it down now would buy it in a second).
    A US show is simply not worth making a DVD from. If you compare LARP and Wrigley it’s going to be the total opposite crowd wise. I’ve seen morgues with more energy than US crowds. We really suck!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • 7 days ago

Get on the tsje tsje tsje tjse tsje tsje Train

Brian does a good job. The bv's are decent as well.
    I don’t think the location of the gig would’ve made any difference at all. The fact is the band weren’t cooking on full gas on the ROB tour

No way we’re they going to put out a sub standard live video/album just for the sake of it IMHO
    Posted By: BillyBollocksI don’t think the location of the gig would’ve made any difference at all. The fact is the band weren’t cooking on full gas on the ROB tour

No way we’re they going to put out a sub standard live video/album just for the sake of it IMHO

The rhythm section was simply a different band. All that needs to be said besides the shitty US crowd.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • 6 days ago

Never could fathom why they would follow up a film with one of the greatest crowds ever seen by filming ROB in a country where the crowd SITS DOWN.