[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Kamikaze
    • Jan 3rd 2022

From the section "sounds like AC / DC" something from Spain:
    BlackØwl with the album "Fly away".
    A really strong album in my opinion!
    Listen to it and write how you think about it .....

https://www.youtube....
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Jan 4th 2022

Cheers for sharing. It sounds really good. Like Ball breaker ACDC but with more energy. Almost like early Brian Johnson when he covered Bon Scott tunes.
    It’s all too similar though isn’t it

How do they expect to make their own mark when even the singer is putting on a voice to try and sound a bit like someone else?

Things like this are why people think RNR is dead
    • Jan 4th 2022

Posted By: BillyBollocksIt’s all too similar though isn’t it

How do they expect to make their own mark when even the singer is putting on a voice to try and sound a bit like someone else?

Things like this are why people think RNR is dead

They’ve only 50 odd followers on Twitter so get no exposure so won’t influence the masses in the outer music world. Rick is evolving and will swing in and out of fashion for a while yet.
    It’s not evolving if bands just want to sound like someone else to be fair
    • Jan 4th 2022

Posted By: BillyBollocksIt’s not evolving if bands just want to sound like someone else to be fair

I hear ya but rocks a broad church with bands making old school rock and copying from the past and others innovating and stretching boundaries.
    Listened a bit, shortly. Doesn't hold a candle to a band like Rhino Bucket, for sure.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Jan 5th 2022 edited

Posted By: Rammy
    Posted By: BillyBollocksIt’s not evolving if bands just want to sound like someone else to be fair

I hear ya but rocks a broad church with bands making old school rock and copying from the past and others innovating and stretching boundaries.

This. There's also the problem of some bands pushing the boundaries of rock to the point a lot of people complain ''its not rock'' , yet what is rock to them probably sounds like something else already, so its tough
    • Jan 8th 2022

Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: Rammy

This. There's also the problem of some bands pushing the boundaries of rock to the point a lot of people complain ''its not rock'' , yet what is rock to them probably sounds like something else already, so its tough

I’ve listened to the album a few times and it’s a banger. The one thing that hits me is these guys were having ‘fun’ making it. It’s a great party/driving rock record. I’m buzzing when the next track starts. This record could inspire you guys to at least lay down one track of your own?

My favourite track on the album at the moment is:-