[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Dyl70
    • Jan 2nd 2022

I’ve just seen a DDDDC UK tour programme just sell for £420.99 on eBay with multiple bidders. Fortunately, I’ve got two copies acquired some time ago. However, can AC/DC stuff continue to command such high prices as they seem to be continuing to rise?
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 2nd 2022

More of a macro economic question than an AC/DC question. Governments flooded the system with cash when Covid hit.

As a result asset prices rising everywhere for collectables/luxury items/houses. Global inflation is with us like never before...governments seem to be lying when they publish their "official" inflation stats. People leaving my company for 20% ++ salary increases, job market hot like never before, houses almost impossible to afford in any half decent area. Try and buy a Rolex watch these days...good luck !! Lead time for Lambo's 14 months at present and they don't even tell you what price you will pay when you put the deposit down.

I heard someone say the other day in relation to uk housed prices that £3m is the new £2m, with regards to what they would expect to pay.

So I cannot see prices dropping any time soon. How much they continue to rise is anyones guess, but inflation this high isn't really a great thing. The rich will simply get richer and the poor poorer.

I think that "sock" thread was more fun to read frankly lol
    • AC/DC rock music: Dyl70
    • Jan 2nd 2022

You’re right about the sock thread lol.....

I guess my point was that AC/DC stuff is going through roof, much more than other bands and this programme underlines that. Most people on here I’m guessing have great collections. I pity anyone looking to start collecting now, cos’ the good stuff is getting extortionate. I don’t think is down to inflation, its supply and demand... other big bands are nowhere as expensive as AC/DC stuff. Maybe just AC/DC are more popular than they’ve ever been. Just a thought. Anyway, who knows.. HNY !!

Posted By: nimetaMore of a macro economic question than an AC/DC question. Governments flooded the system with cash when Covid hit.

As a result asset prices rising everywhere for collectables/luxury items/houses. Global inflation is with us like never before...governments seem to be lying when they publish their "official" inflation stats. People leaving my company for 20% ++ salary increases, job market hot like never before, houses almost impossible to afford in any half decent area. Try and buy a Rolex watch these days...good luck !! Lead time for Lambo's 14 months at present and they don't even tell you what price you will pay when you put the deposit down.

I heard someone say the other day in relation to uk housed prices that £3m is the new £2m, with regards to what they would expect to pay.

So I cannot see prices dropping any time soon. How much they continue to rise is anyones guess, but inflation this high isn't really a great thing. The rich will simply get richer and the poor poorer.

I think that "sock" thread was more fun to read frankly lol
    Anything first pressed and signed by Bon, Angus or Malcolm will always fetch a good price. As harsh as it sounds when Angus dies anything signed by him will go up massively in value. Just the way it is.
    Posted By: elliottfloydAnything first pressed and signed by Bon, Angus or Malcolm will always fetch a good price. As harsh as it sounds when Angus dies anything signed by him will go up massively in value. Just the way it is.

I'm sure you don't mean "always" in the literal sense. One day a couple of decades after the band have packed up their axes and let the cannons rest I'm sure the prices will start to decrease. I spoke to a used record dealer the other day, and he said the 70's classic heavy rock like Sabbath and Budgie fetch higher prices than ever before, while at the same time records from the old time rockers like Chuck, Elvis and Jerry Lee have seen a considerable decrease in value the last couple of years. In a few decades when the generation grown up on Youtube and Spotify with no relationship to physical media have taken over, and when their kids have taken over, the value for AC/DC memorabilia will be nowhere near the height it has today.