[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Rocker75
    • Dec 23rd 2021

Hi all,

I am unsure if this was covered before:

Has Angus explained in interviews which sessions/ eras of the band any of the songs from these two albums originate from?

Thanks!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Dec 23rd 2021

I think through the mists of time was dated back to stiff upper lip era. The rest was more like black ice sessions and tour era if I remember correctly.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Dec 23rd 2021

The song Rock Or Bust was "inspired" by:

Angus never really explained other than - "er, we had a couple of riffs lying around, you know" etc
    Posted By: MohI think through the mists of time was dated back to stiff upper lip era.

IMO TTMOT is better than most (if not all) SUL songs, so this is at least, weird.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Dec 23rd 2021

I thought TTMOT was TRE era tbh.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Dec 23rd 2021

Realize, I'm pretty sure, was a riff Mal wrote during the BI sessions specifically.
    When you look for origins - think about the meaning. They all are from the Big pile. But I would really be intetest to know more details too

Realize he said was From the BI sessions where Ang pushed It to be on the album but Mal said naah, next time.

Money Shot
    - Band photoshoot where the Industry always demand the money shot… and guys this is really how Ang explained It

Shot in the Dark;
    - About Angs and Mals mom giving them shots of milk in the Dark when they were kids. Again guys Ang explained this exactly as such

Playball
    - About playing pinball (confirmed by Ang)

Then the normal speculation;
    - Rock or Bust is about either rockin or stopping
    - Rock the Blues away is about rockin your depression away with predictable grandpa-radio-rock song, but there is a trick to It, the song actually makes you more depressed
    - Miss Adventure and Sweet Candy, on the Borderline of a police case
    - Emission Control; about the occasional trouble of holding in your fart. It is good for your soul not to rip It out all over town
    - Code Red is about sinking Russian submarines, bold statement as we know how much Stevie loves Russia
    - Wild Reputation, a song about a town with one horse and one toilet: talk about wild times
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocker75
    • Dec 24th 2021

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the info. Merry Christmas, folks!