•  
      AC/DC rock music: Kamikaze
    • Dec 19th 2021

Theres a nice Interview with Tony Currenti & Peter Clack:

https://vwmusicrocks...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Dec 19th 2021

Posted By: KamikazeTheres a nice Interview with Tony Currenti & Peter Clack:

https://vwmusicrocks...

Cool, thanks for sharing. I always thought Tony did an amazing job on the Australian HV album. Great straight to the point drumming, very Simon Kirke like.
    Thanks for posting. This is a part of the story you don't hear about. Interesting that Ray Arnold (whose solo album Angus later played on) was doing the rounds back then on behalf of George Young trying to recruit a rhythm section for his little brothers' band!
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Dec 19th 2021

So did this forum ever agree that Bon was married?? I heard debate with the consensus that he was. But the interview seemed pretty presice...

We played at Larg’s Pier in Adelaide, and Malcolm, rest in peace, just said, “Look, see those guys at the backend? That’s Fraternity. They must have just got back from London.” Malcolm knew Bon, and so, they had a bit of a chat. And I think they communicated again the following day. Malcolm had a bit of a private meeting and just said, “What do you think about Bon singing?” And I said, “Sure, whatever.” It’s like, “You’re the boss,” which he was. And then it seemed to take off. But then Bon said, “No. No way. No chance. I’m coming back here with my wife, who I promised, and I’m gonna get a job and I’m gonna stay here in Adelaide. No more on-the-road. Nothing. That’s it.”
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatInteresting that Ray Arnold (whose solo album Angus later played on) was doing the rounds back then on behalf of George Young trying to recruit a rhythm section for his little brothers' band!

You are probably mistaking the guy with drummer/singer/songwriter Ray Arnott, who recorded 2 solo albums for Alberts label. Actually, it was him who became Vanda & Young's session guy after Tony left the business.
    Posted By: currentpeak
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatInteresting that Ray Arnold (whose solo album Angus later played on) was doing the rounds back then on behalf of George Young trying to recruit a rhythm section for his little brothers' band!

You are probably mistaking the guy with drummer/singer/songwriter Ray Arnott, who recorded 2 solo albums for Alberts label. Actually, it was him who became Vanda & Young's session guy after Tony left the business.

You're right. I wonder if Clack (or the interviewer) got the name wrong?
    Posted By: nimetaSo did this forum ever agree that Bon was married?? I heard debate with the consensus that he was. But the interview seemed pretty presice...

Yes, definitely married. You can read all that in Irene's biography. They got a belated divorce while Bon was in AC/DC.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Dec 19th 2021

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat
    Posted By: nimetaSo did this forum ever agree that Bon was married?? I heard debate with the consensus that he was. But the interview seemed pretty presice...

Yes, definitely married. You can read all that in Irene's biography. They got a belated divorce while Bon was in AC/DC.

Pic of their wedding day:

https://www.facebook...
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Dec 20th 2021

Fantastic interviews, TFS!