[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: DCFanatic
    • Nov 23rd 2021 edited

Please welcome Bon Scott and the vintage 'DC sound back to life. I closed my eyes and got chills, which is something no other tribute to any band in the world has EVER managed to do to me.

PS. The singer does a more-than-decent Brian as well.
    A. No such thing
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Nov 23rd 2021

Not really into tribute bands, but the best I've seen is Limehouse Lizzy. And that kinda works, as Phil isn't around anymore so you have no way of seeing the real thing.
    The singer also makes a point of paying tribute to the actual band many times during the show, so its not like they're trying to replace anyone.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Nov 23rd 2021

Have you heard about the ACDCfansDOTnet House Band yet?
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 23rd 2021

He tries too hard to sound like Brian and Bon, sounding bit like them with Covid, but that's me. I don't like imitators and wannabe. That's why I'm not too much into tributes
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 23rd 2021

SHITE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Nov 23rd 2021

check out ZZ TOPPS
    Non
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • 6 days ago

Almost exactly 10 years ago I was doing this. Not saying we were the best, the worst, or anything inbetween....but we had the look, the sound, and the fun of 70s AC/DC!!

• AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • 6 days ago

Posted By: DustDevilSHITE.

After skimming through the set, I second the motion.

For Bon Scott tracks this sounds hard to beat
    Posted By: DC/79Almost exactly 10 years ago I was doing this. Not saying we were the best, the worst, or anything inbetween....but we had the look, the sound, and the fun of 70s AC/DC!!

Hell yeah, loved watching those videos I could find on YouTube. Definitely the closest sounding Bon I've ever heard. Has the midrange tones absolutely nailed. One of the best Mal impressions as well, got the look, tone, and feel nailed. Literally the only place I ever felt anyone was lacking was in the Angus, but other than that a hell of a tribute band.

I always have to watch the Jailbreak clip from that show every time and again because it rocks so hard.
    • AC/DC rock music: TNTTOM
    • 2 days ago

Best I've seen is Back in Black out of Dallas.
    The lead singer Darren Caperna auditioned in Atlanta in 16 when Brian could not continue on the Rock or Bust tour.
    Angus told him that he made him feel like he was with Bon again.
    Posted By: TNTTOMBest I've seen is Back in Black out of Dallas.
    The lead singer Darren Caperna auditioned in Atlanta in 16 when Brian could not continue on the Rock or Bust tour.
    Angus told him that he made him feel like he was with Bon again.

I see those guys all the time. Always a fun time. Their current drummer bugs the crap out of me sometimes because he'll do weird things that throw off the swing you normally hear in Phil's playing. Going to see them in a couple weeks.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • 2 days ago

Posted By: RikhaHave you heard about the ACDCfansDOTnet House Band yet?

Obviously the House Band is second to none when it comes to capturing the recorded sound of AC/DC, and Iván just inhabits Brian in terms of both sound and look. But... before they could really take the title as best tribute band, they need to do at least one proper live show where they collectively capture not only the sound of the band, but also the look and the moves, because this is what the best tribute bands aim to encapsulate - the whole show.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • 1 day ago

Well, there a couple of live performances by the house band captured on video if I'm not mistaken: Live At The Baetz Barn and some other gig with Baetz's band both in the US. I don't think they'll ever dress like AC/DC (apart from Ivan) to perform like a real tribute but I may be wrong...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • 1 day ago edited

Posted By: RikhaWell, there a couple of live performances by the house band captured on video if I'm not mistaken: Live At The Baetz Barn and some other gig with Baetz's band both in the US. I don't think they'll ever dress like AC/DC (apart from Ivan) to perform like a real tribute but I may be wrong...

Is dressing like the band you're paying tribute to cheesy? Probably a debate to be had, there, but I think that AC/DC has such strong visual hallmarks, that it's one of those bands where you've got to do it if you're doing a live tribute. A bit like Kiss, for that matter. If it were The Pretenders, it wouldn't be so important, outside of having a woman singer/guitarist.

Ha, here's how I imagine a pub tribute doing the visual gimmick for Rosie.

Posted By: DCFanaticPlease welcome Bon Scott and the vintage 'DC sound back to life. I closed my eyes and got chills, which is something no other tribute to any band in the world has EVER managed to do to me.

PS. The singer does a more-than-decent Brian as well.

He may sound quite a bit like Bon and Brian. But the singer is dead boring and has pretty much non existing stage presence.
    •  
    • 1 day ago

Posted By: acdcrocker22
    Posted By: DC/79Almost exactly 10 years ago I was doing this. Not saying we were the best, the worst, or anything inbetween....but we had the look, the sound, and the fun of 70s AC/DC!!

Hell yeah, loved watching those videos I could find on YouTube. Definitely the closest sounding Bon I've ever heard. Has the midrange tones absolutely nailed. One of the best Mal impressions as well, got the look, tone, and feel nailed. Literally the only place I ever felt anyone was lacking was in the Angus, but other than that a hell of a tribute band.

I always have to watch the Jailbreak clip from that show every time and again because it rocks so hard.

Kind words. I was "Angus". I was much older and....ahem....less slim than Angus was in 1979 but what they hey what the heck.....I tried to play like Angus, but I also understood that it was the hardest part to play, and when you're flailing around onstage trying to get the moves it's difficult to get the playing right.
    Having said that, standing rock still & concentrating I could not get the playing right!
    •  
    • 1 day ago

Here's one with a lot of energy!
    •  
    • 1 day ago edited

"I always have to watch the Jailbreak clip from that show every time and again because it rocks so hard"
    This one....
    •  
    • 1 day ago

Just one more....with all the energy of 1970s AC/DC which very few trib bands seem to recognise was the ethos of the band back then. Loud & powerful.

Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: RikhaHave you heard about the ACDCfansDOTnet House Band yet?

Obviously the House Band is second to none when it comes to capturing the recorded sound of AC/DC, and Iván just inhabits Brian in terms of both sound and look. But... before they could really take the title as best tribute band, they need to do at least one proper live show where they collectively capture not only the sound of the band, but also the look and the moves, because this is what the best tribute bands aim to encapsulate - the whole show.

Said it for a long time. Once the COVID situation is steady, we crowdfund them all to come over for Bonfest!
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: RikhaWell, there a couple of live performances by the house band captured on video if I'm not mistaken: Live At The Baetz Barn and some other gig with Baetz's band both in the US. I don't think they'll ever dress like AC/DC (apart from Ivan) to perform like a real tribute but I may be wrong...

Is dressing like the band you're paying tribute to cheesy? Probably a debate to be had, there, but I think that AC/DC has such strong visual hallmarks, that it's one of those bands where you've got to do it if you're doing a live tribute. A bit like Kiss, for that matter. If it were The Pretenders, it wouldn't be so important, outside of having a woman singer/guitarist.

Ha, here's how I imagine a pub tribute doing the visual gimmick for Rosie.

Might have just pissed myself laughing.