[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 27th 2009

Written off, overlooked, slammed upon release... what is the story with Flick?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 27th 2009

It's the rawest balls out rock and roll record ever made. Any other band would hail this as their seminal record, which for me it is. Stand out tracks for me include Nervous Shakedown, Landslide, Guns For Hire and Bedlam In Belgium. 4 tracks that stand up against anything the boys have done. It's dirtier, meaner and has more fuck you attitude than any of their other records. Such a shame that the boys now prefer to be seen as show band rather than a rock and roll band, if they didn't these great tracks would still crashing down from stage.
    "Such a shame that the boys now prefer to be seen as show band rather than a rock and roll band, if they didn't these great tracks would still crashing down from stage"

Such a damning indictment of the boys, yet I can only nod in agreement. Superb album, underrated beyond all belief, the last CLASSIC DC album in my eyes
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: woz
    • May 27th 2009 edited

A middle finger to Atlantic or other outsiders connected to the band who wanted/expected another slick production and #1 album packed with hit songs. I think the Youngs figured why spend millions on super producers when they could just do it themselves with everything they learned fron George/Harry & Mutt.

I could be way off with my analysis, but Flick has quality, ass kickin songs, maybe brought forth from some bad blood (Mal &Phil) and that vibe gave the songs/performances an added kick.

Far far far from being a dissapointment to hardcore fans. It's funny how stripped down everything is considering it was made in the era of the big production and slick bullshit of the 80's. Hell, even the videos for Flick were just live performances or rockin' out in that airplane hanger? HAHAHAHA......FLICK OF THE SWITCH FUCKIN'  RULES!!!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • May 27th 2009

What an album. I think what I really like about this album is the full out, no mercy straight in your face non-muted power chords without any regrets. I mean listen to Black Ice or any even stuff from Stiff Upper Lip. Muted strings all over. Decibel of example. I mean compare that to the blunt trauma power chords of Flick of the Switch. No contest!

I'd jump around like a little school girl if they'd realise what live killers there are on that album and had the guts to play em. Bedlam in Belgium, Guns for Hire, ah, don't get me started damnit :)

Underrated by the critics. Overrated by the fans. It’s somewhere in the middle. An ok album with a few very good songs.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • May 27th 2009

the lack of blues based songs and shitty drum sound make the album middle of the road for me
    Excellent album. Hard, sleazy and dirty.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 27th 2009

Flick is brilliant, but even so, I'm middle of the road on this album too.

Having said that, the album includes some of AC/DC's finest tracks: Guns for Hire, Shakedown, Bedlam and Flick. 

It's completely raw, stripped of everything that isn't needed on a rock album and Brian's voice is utterly insane. This album screwed his voice for good.

By no means is this album a disappointment, and this is as close to a "fan's album" as the band has ever got.

• May 27th 2009

where are the drums on this album?
    Phil is doing a great job on flick of the switch. Just listen to Rising Power.
    • May 27th 2009

the drums sound like crap
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: karin
    • May 27th 2009

love FOTS

• May 27th 2009

drums suck, where is Rudd on this album?
    •  
    • May 27th 2009

Rudd tears it up on this album. Seriously. Power, simple righteous power.

the only thing with the drums is you cant hear any hi hat. and thats Rudd's thing, the hi hat.
    •  
    • May 27th 2009

Is that you JimmyJammer?

i dunno who that is, but it aint me if thats what your saying.
    •  
    • May 27th 2009

lol ok

your hi hat comment made me think you might be somebody else

•  
    • May 28th 2009

There is problem with the drums????
    • May 28th 2009

no high hat
    • May 28th 2009

no high hat = no love from jimmyjimmy or gozone
    •  
    • May 28th 2009

Sounds like a ton of bricks falling down the stairs to me, just right :)
    • May 28th 2009

the production sucks IMHO, good songs though
    •  
    • May 28th 2009

the Youngs couldn't produce a healthy fart if they tried. GZ, besides the lack of a bluesy song and the production, you still like this album right?

• May 28th 2009

Of course I still like it, the lack of a full drum sound puts this album in the middle of the pack for me
    • May 28th 2009

house is on fire is on of my all time favorite songs
    The only problems with the production on the album are the missing hi hat and the muddy lead tone. But you can pick apart the production on pretty much any album and find something wrong with it. Personally I love the production on this album apart from the two things I mentioned earlier. It has a HUGE real in-studio sound to it, as opposed to the overproduced FTATR.
    • AC/DC rock music: wheels
    • May 31st 2009

Fucking Landslide is rockin'.
    • AC/DC rock music: wheels
    • May 31st 2009

Their best album, too. Along with Powerage.
    •  
    • Jun 1st 2009

My favourite Beano era album.

• Jun 1st 2009

FOTS production is a shame
    TRE production and BUYV are the worst productions.
    "FOTS production is a shame"

Explain why? Please, you keep repeating yourself but you have not given a reason outside of "the hi hat is muffled."
    • Jun 1st 2009

the high hat is muffled or NON EXISTENT is more like it

bass is sub par

the whole sound is rather flat

some good guitar ringing going on but really a poor sound IMO, no depth to it, good songs on the album too so it pisses me the fuck off that I feel the way I do BUT i do and that is the truth from The GoZone (I know Phil too)
    • Jun 1st 2009

Mean, you forgot to add that crap sounding album called Fly on your list
    TRE has great production.
    The band is on fire on FOTW. The production is not so great, but the band do a really good performance. It sounds alive contrary to the albums I mentioned.
    Yeah, the remastered Fly On The Wall is acceptable IMO.
    • Jun 1st 2009

when I talk about production, I never bring into account the quality of the music. I strictly am talking about the sound. So therefore, according to the sound or production, FOTW sucks. Musically, it is a fantastic rock album.

STT, I hope I answered your question about FOTS.