[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Nov 15th 2021

Johnny Cash has an album called Unchained, which in my opinion is very good. It's a mix of hard rock and country. My personal favorite track off of it is Rusty Cage. Other favorites are Rowboat, Mean Eyed Cat, I've Been Everywhere and Country Boy. If you haven't already, give it a listen and let me know what you think of it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 17th 2021

I always thought that Unchained was the weakest from the 4 American albums that were released while he was still alive. It's still good, mind you. Rowboat is one of my favorite latter day Cash songs. I also love Sea Of Heartbreak and Southern Accents. But the album as a whole lacks a bit of consistency and was a bit of step-down after American Recordings. My favorite of the American-albums is actually American III: Solitary Man. That one is chock full of outstanding renditions: Won't Back Down, Solitary Man, One, I See A Darkness, The Mercy Seat, Would You Lay With Me, Field of Diamonds, Mary of the Wild Moor, I'm Leaving Now and Wayfaring Stranger – to just name those I like best.