[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 6th 2021

Any fans of Kiwi rockers Shihad on here? I got into them in the late 90s with their album "The General Electric", and I've been listening to their new album "Old Gods" very recently. It's damn good! I love their simplicity and power. Really hoping they can tour the UK at some point.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 6th 2021

I'll have to check them out. I think I saw them supporting AC/DC in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 1996.
    Yeah, I listened to them as well during the 'General Electric' era. Good album. They changed their name briefly after 9/11. I think they used to play Riff Raff at their live shows.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SnakeEye
    • Nov 8th 2021

Rad band, been following them since their self titled (fish) album in 1996.
    Check out the album before that Killjoy if you love loud guitars, opening track You Again has a massive main riff.

Seen them live many times, they always deliver. They love big riffs and so do I.
    Big AC/DC fans also. Sometimes they drop a riff or two between songs or if they need to soundcheck.
    • AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Nov 8th 2021

YES! My missis is a Kiwi so I was part of the NZ contingent in London. The males of the group took me to a Shihad gig (somewhere in London) around 2000/2001 and i had a throughly great time. Seem to remember that someone was good friends with the drummer. They also played an AC/DC song - if memory serves, HTH.

i also heard that they had to change their name as it was too close to 'Jihad'. But again, I could be wrong on that!

cheers, JC/DC
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Nov 8th 2021

Can I just say that the video for The General Electric is even worse than Play Ball's. The music is okay.

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatThey changed their name briefly after 9/11.

Seems a bit pointless imho. Just like the radios banning any song that might have the slightest hint at NYC and violence of any kind. And then Slayer comes out with an album called Jihad, with a direct reference to the tragedy.