[ Sign In | Register ]

https://www.rollings...

It was many a roadie’s worst nightmare: On Oct. 17, 53-year-old Francis Stueber died in his hotel room, nearly 2,300 miles from home, according to Kiss and his fellow backstage crew. The longtime guitar tech had been with the band for more than 20 years and was a beloved figure in the Kiss Army.

Having tested positive for Covid-19, Stueber died just two days after being quarantined in a Detroit hotel room. According to the Wayne County Health Examiner’s office, the father of three died of the virus.

"The band, meanwhile, claims that some crew members concealed sickness and faked vaccine cards"

More in the link
    As Paul Stanley spits picks into the crowd....

Don't think it would be wise for them to go down this route, Paul was seen breaking tons of protocols when he had it.
    When you are out and about - you accept a certain level of risk, be ya vaccinated or not. Still very very sad
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Oct 30th 2021

Posted By: carolinareaper
    "The band, meanwhile, claims that some crew members concealed sickness and faked vaccine cards"

Such behavior should be heavily punished.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Oct 30th 2021

Posted By: Rocco

A tricky one. I don’t agree with faking vaccine certificates or concealing illness, but I’m assuming the crew is paid on a freelance basis (ie if you’re off sick, you’re not paid) and likely to be feeling the financial and mental effects of no work for a long time. So I can imagine corners being cut, not that I condone it.

It’s awful that he died in a hotel without medical attention- how does being hospitalised for covid work in the US- if you don’t have insurance do you get an enormous bill? Can see there may be reticence to get help.

In a touring group of 70 people, however careful the management is, there are always going to be a few who openly flout the guidelines and put others at risk.

I didn’t see if Steuber had been fully vaccinated, not much consolation either way for his family.
    Even if you could blame lack of protocols for this (when in reality, if he was vaccinated, he should’ve been protected from this), when it comes to fake vaccine cards, this is what you can expect even more of in the future. If more and more places start mandating cards for work/travel, you can expect more people faking them as a result of their livelihood being threatened due to not being comfortable or even feel safe taking it.

It’s an unfortunate situation all around.

100% agreed.
    •  
    • Oct 31st 2021

Posted By: SpellboundEven if you could blame lack of protocols for this (when in reality, if he was vaccinated, he should’ve been protected from this), when it comes to fake vaccine cards, this is what you can expect even more of in the future. If more and more places start mandating cards for work/travel, you can expect more people faking them as a result of their livelihood being threatened due to not being comfortable or even feel safe taking it.

Fake vaccine cards is what you can expect because people not being comfortable about getting vaxxed? Sorry but that is criminal behavior. If you don’t want to get vaxxed it’s fine but don’t pretend to be by faking documents.
    Kiss just decided to cancel all the Vegas residency gigs
    If the guy wasn't vaccinated it's his own fault he died.
    Posted By: soulstripper666If the guy wasn't vaccinated it's his own fault he died.

This is true. But I think KISS mentioned before this that they require everyone to be
    Posted By: SpellboundEven if you could blame lack of protocols for this (when in reality, if he was vaccinated, he should’ve been protected from this), when it comes to fake vaccine cards, this is what you can expect even more of in the future. If more and more places start mandating cards for work/travel, you can expect more people faking them as a result of their livelihood being threatened due to not being comfortable or even feel safe taking it.

Fake vaccine cards is what you can expect because people not being comfortable about getting vaxxed? Sorry but that is criminal behavior. If you don’t want to get vaxxed it’s fine but don’t pretend to be by faking documents.

I’m willing to agree with that if you agree that threatening livelihoods over a vaccine that doesn’t stop transmission should be criminal behaviour as well.

I’m not going to fake a vax card because I’m not going to risk a felony to continue what I’m already doing (not getting it), pbut I don’t really blame those that do. I’ll keep my masks and distance from people instead.

Posted By: soulstripper666If the guy wasn't vaccinated it's his own fault he died.

Just for fun - what if he was vaccinated, and caught it from someone else who was vaccinated? Because this is the reality we now live in, like it or not.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Nov 1st 2021

Sad story. Things like this, IMO, are going to make it VERY difficult for our boys to come to a consensus re gigging. I was hopeful when some hints were dropped a couple weeks back, but now I just don’t know.
    • AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Nov 1st 2021

Just for fun - what if he was vaccinated, and caught it from someone else who was vaccinated? Because this is the reality we now live in, like it or not.

If he had been vaccinated, yes he could still get it, but you don't die from it, unless you have some serious underlying issue like being immunosuppressed. I'm guessing he was not vaxxed. So he paid the consequences unfortunately.
    •  
    • Nov 1st 2021

Posted By: Spellbound

I’m willing to agree with that if you agree that threatening livelihoods over a vaccine that doesn’t stop transmission should be criminal behaviour as well.

I’m not going to fake a vax card because I’m not going to risk a felony to continue what I’m already doing (not getting it), pbut I don’t really blame those that do. I’ll keep my masks and distance from people instead.

I think you know my stance on this one and we shouldn't get down that road again. Especially not here on the forum. But I'll say that don't agree with a single thing you wrote ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: viper502
    • Nov 10th 2021

Posted By: Spellbound

If he was vaccinated and died, it's very, very bad luck (as most people who have died after vaccination are over 80 years old). I would venture to say he was in pretty good physical shape (being part of the road crew) and wasn't vaccinated (just my hypothesis). I'm not in top physical condition and caught Covid AFTER being vaccinated. I had a stuffy nose and my sense of smell wasn't there for about a month, but didn't die. The vaccine saved my life. My son-in-law, a full-on vaccine denier (33 years old), caught Covid and almost died. Vaccine save lives.
    I don't really want to get to much into this as I feel it won't end well but I had covid back in September an it was like having a bad case of the flu. I'm not vaccinated nor will I be.
    •  
    • Nov 10th 2021

Posted By: Demon FireI don't really want to get to much into this as I feel it won't end well but I had covid back in September an it was like having a bad case of the flu. I'm not vaccinated nor will I be.

If you don’t want to get into it, why bring it up…?
    Posted By: Treehorn
    Posted By: Demon FireI don't really want to get to much into this as I feel it won't end well but I had covid back in September an it was like having a bad case of the flu. I'm not vaccinated nor will I be.

Good question, I'm not sure. I just feel like if some want the vaccine that's fine but if some don't want it that should be fine as well. I think people should have the freedom of choice. I don't believe governments should try to force it onto people. That's all.
    Posted By: Demon FireI think people should have the freedom of choice.

You obviously don't live in Canada. :)
    •  
    • Nov 11th 2021

Posted By: Demon Fire

Good question, I'm not sure. I just feel like if some want the vaccine that's fine but if some don't want it that should be fine as well. I think people should have the freedom of choice. I don't believe governments should try to force it onto people. That's all.

Governments wouldn’t need to “force” it onto people if people would use their fucking brains.

Governments wouldn’t need to “force” it onto people if people would use their fucking brains.

So you are okay with dictatorships? Cause that's basically what you are implying. Hitler would have loved your way of thinking.
    Is Demon Fire really Ludwig von Mises talking?
    I am getting my 3rd shot in a few weeks. I am tour ready; shot in the dark!
    Posted By: MeanstreakIs Demon Fire really Ludwig von Mises talking?

No idea who that is, I'm going to guess a former member.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Nov 11th 2021

Posted By: CliffFINmark2I am getting my 3rd shot in a few weeks. I am tour ready; shot in the dark!

I am getting my 6th jab in 3 weeks (seriously!)

I am so tour ready maybe I can play the drums???
    It is freedom of choice whether you get the jab

How anyone can say it isn’t I don’t know. Nobody dragged me down to the local centre kicking and screaming. I walked there myself.

But if you want to mingle with other people, and they or their businesses don’t want unvaxxed around them that’s their freedom of choice also.

If I want to fly to certain countries, I’ve always known I need to have various vaccines based on whatever the specific country requires. It’s my choice. Either have them or don’t go.

Nobody is being excluded, you have the choice to have the covid jab and they have the choice who they allow in.

But why anyone (unless medically unable to have the vaccine) wouldn’t want it I don’t understand. Fucking bellends!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: viper502
    • Nov 11th 2021

I don't think governments should try to force it on people either but lots of people just aren't into doing the right thing. Like when my mother took me to the doctor when I was very little so I could get shot after shot that was required to attend school. Let me just remind everyone that several childhood diseases, that killed lots of young people every year, have been all but eliminated because of vaccines. That's the right thing to do for the good of society.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Nov 11th 2021

I just feel like if some want the vaccine that's fine but if some don't want it that should be fine as well. I think people should have the freedom of choice. I don't believe governments should try to force it onto people. That's all.

Not so sure it should be a free choice when hospitals are full of people who didn’t take the vaccine.
    Posted By: Rajd07
    I just feel like if some want the vaccine that's fine but if some don't want it that should be fine as well. I think people should have the freedom of choice. I don't believe governments should try to force it onto people. That's all.

Not so sure it should be a free choice when hospitals are full of people who didn’t take the vaccine.
    That’s true - if those people are in Hospital solely due to COVID and after refusing the vaccine offered they should either pay for the treatment / care or be left on the pavement. They weren’t prepared to look after themselves (or society) but now expect hospital staff to look after them. In the words of Billy “bellends”…
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Nov 11th 2021 edited

Posted By: BillyBollocksIt is freedom of choice whether you get the jab

How anyone can say it isn’t I don’t know. Nobody dragged me down to the local centre kicking and screaming. I walked there myself.

But if you want to mingle with other people, and they or their businesses don’t want unvaxxed around them that’s their freedom of choice also.

If I want to fly to certain countries, I’ve always known I need to have various vaccines based on whatever the specific country requires. It’s my choice. Either have them or don’t go.

Nobody is being excluded, you have the choice to have the covid jab and they have the choice who they allow in.

But why anyone (unless medically unable to have the vaccine) wouldn’t want it I don’t understand. Fucking bellends!

Yep. And yep.

Posted By: viper502I don't think governments should try to force it on people either but lots of people just aren't into doing the right thing. Like when my mother took me to the doctor when I was very little so I could get shot after shot that was required to attend school. Let me just remind everyone that several childhood diseases, that killed lots of young people every year, have been all but eliminated because of vaccines. That's the right thing to do for the good of society.

Exactly. It's really irritating to me, how ignorant people are on the history of the subject. The list of diseases in our past/prior to "evil modern medicine" is as long as it is horrifying.

But obviously opening a (history) book is out of fashion nowadays :)
    I didn't say governments were forcing people to get the jab and that magic jab doesn't stop anyone from getting covid anyway. So it seems like people are pushing for something that to me doesn't work anyway. My brother in law is fully vaxxed and yet he still got covid and got very sick. Anyway,best to just agree to disagree about this topic.
    Well Demon Fire - my brother is a PhD in immunology, and he is a firm supporter of the vaccinations and calls people who dont see the benefits of vaccinations the most ignorant people in modern history - and I tend to trust an educated professional than these random baffoons who ”know people who had this and that”

The vaccinations have never been promoted to be 100% - but so scroll down to the UNs Covid database and check out that countries with a smaller vaccination coverage equals into higher virus rate, higher mortality and higher weight on the hospitals. But geez! It is old Sleepy Wack Joe Biden and Kim Jong Un who fake the data and my neighbours kid got a terrible rash from the jab.
    •  
    • Nov 11th 2021

Posted By: Demon FireI didn't say governments were forcing people to get the jab and that magic jab doesn't stop anyone from getting covid anyway. So it seems like people are pushing for something that to me doesn't work anyway. My brother in law is fully vaxxed and yet he still got covid and got very sick. Anyway,best to just agree to disagree about this topic.

…he got very sick, but I hope he recovered?

My brother got Covid very early on, pre-vaccine. Died April 2020 after about five weeks in intensive care. It was a horrible death. His wife was in the next ICU and eventually recovered. The jab doesn’t stop you getting Covid. What it hopefully stops or limits is hospital admissions and deaths and spread of the virus.
    I am very sorry about your loss, Treehorn.
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2021

Posted By: MeanstreakI am very sorry about your loss, Treehorn.

Thanks Meanstreak.
    Posted By: Demon FireI didn't say governments were forcing people to get the jab and that magic jab doesn't stop anyone from getting covid anyway. So it seems like people are pushing for something that to me doesn't work anyway. My brother in law is fully vaxxed and yet he still got covid and got very sick. Anyway,best to just agree to disagree about this topic.

My brother got Covid very early on, pre-vaccine. Died April 2020 after about five weeks in intensive care. It was a horrible death. His wife was in the next ICU and eventually recovered. The jab doesn’t stop you getting Covid. What it hopefully stops or limits is hospital admissions and deaths and spread of the virus.

Yes my brother in law recovered. Sorry to hear about your brother. My sister died September 20th from covid but she already had health issues.

That is horrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

My wifes brother got it, top shaped under 30 year old man. Was in the ICU for a week, recovered and when did so rapidly after got out of the hospital... Still scary as F. At the same time I have had a work mate that has gotten it twice as a very mild flu, he is 60 and not fit at all. It is in the genes, also of course health care level affects alot - and yes the vaccinations are proven to help immensely, proven - fact, period.