[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 26th 2021

The shouter and driving bass fundament of Quo has died from MS, age 72.

As an original of the Frantic Four, he gave colour to one of the best boogie/blues rockbands that ever walked the earth.

RIP Alan.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Sep 26th 2021

I was fortunate enough to see the Frantic Four in Glasgow in 2014. Only went because I had a refund from a cancelled Motörhead show and had heard good things about the previous reformed Quo gigs.

Remember Rossi being a right prick (what a surprise) about Lancaster in promo interviews and dissing his playing ability.

It was a great, memorable gig. Shame the pantomime, keyboard-laden Quo band resumed business after this.

He seemed a decent bloke. RIP.
    Never got into Quo, but RIP. My mother has MS - it’s a horrible condition to have.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Sep 26th 2021 edited

i remember going to see the Frantic Four tour because i felt it was maybe, a secret that Alan didnt have long and thats why they did it, little did we know we would lose Rick first..

absolute no bullshit rock legend bass player

48405021-10029829-Status-Quo-legend-Alan-Lancaster-has-died-at-the-age-of-72-after-a-55-163264999411
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Sep 26th 2021

For me, Quo were true Monsters of Rock, and helped shape my music taste through the ’70s. Fucking great live band.

RIP
    Very sad news. The classic Status Quo were monster of a band indeed.
    RIP
    Getting used to sad news about rockstars nowadays.
    Glad I went and seen the frantic four in Glasgow few years back.
    RIP AL
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Sep 26th 2021

Really sad news. Quo were fabulous back in the day and Alan was 100% rock n roll..RIP
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • Sep 27th 2021

I remember seeing the End of the Road tour in 1984! Then they opened for Queen at SJP in '86.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Sep 27th 2021

The Frantic Four Quo was the real deal.
    RIP Alan.
    Posted By: DavidcelticGetting used to sad news about rockstars nowadays.
    Glad I went and seen the frantic four in Glasgow few years back.
    RIP AL

It really is sad nowadays, isn’t it?
    I hope Nuff and Rick are up there on a cloud throwing shite at Rossi.
    The Frantic Four or nothing for me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Oct 3rd 2021

Posted By: tomscotlandI hope Nuff and Rick are up there on a cloud throwing shite at Rossi.
    The Frantic Four or nothing for me.

Yup. I 1st saw Quo at Donnington in 82, and they let me down. Coghlan wasn't there, and something just didn't feel right.
    I saw both Frantic Four reunion tours, and it was just magic to finally see them playing together.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Oct 4th 2021

Posted By: DC/79
    Yup. I 1st saw Quo at Donnington in 82, and they let me down. Coghlan wasn't there, and something just didn't feel right.
    Quo with Peter Kircher in stead of Coghlan is like AC/DC with Simon Wright in stead of Rudd.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Oct 6th 2021

Sad news, never even knew he was ill

Imho best vocalist Quo ever had, pissed all over Rossi/Parfitt, should have been given lot more singing in the band
    Nice cover of The Angels' original. This was post the original lineup of The Bombers, allegedly rehearsal from 1995. Hence Lancaster's Bombers name.