Any fan ?

I think Dio era was best!

I like Blackmore
    I love Dio
    I ok Rainbow
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Sep 23rd 2021

Dio is a god, but my favourite album of Rainbow is Down To Earth
    I like their debut and LLRNR best. Their debut is seriously underrated.
    Huge fan of Ritchie Blackmore and, naturally, of Rainbow. These four albums from 1975 to 1979 are simply brilliant. I can’t pick one between Rising, Long Live Rock’n’Roll and Down to Earth. This is hard rock at its best, from start to finish. I love the first one too.

So many great songs from the ‘softer’ period with Joe Lynn Turner too.

One thing is certain, Ritchie Blackmore knows a good singer when he hears one.
    Dio Rainbow, pretty good

After that

Get in the sea
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Sep 26th 2021

Rainbow Rising is as iconic as heavy metal gets. It’s not even possible to compare Rainbow with Dio against the other line-ups, Dio is just on a whole other level.
    Posted By: ZanIt’s not even possible to compare Rainbow with Dio against the other line-ups, Dio is just on a whole other level.

Same with Sabbath with Ozzy and Purple with Gillan
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 26th 2021

I love Rainbow with Dio.
    Long Live RnR still my favorite.
    Kill The King the ultimate barnstormer with a shining Cozy Powel. Gates Of Babylon with a glorious Dio.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Sep 26th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: ZanIt’s not even possible to compare Rainbow with Dio against the other line-ups, Dio is just on a whole other level.

And GnR with Izzy.
    Rainbow with Dio and later line ups are almost totally different bands. They did some great songs while Bonnet was in the band, also during Turner's tenure, but it certainly was way more commercial and pop-oriented by then. I mean, say what you want, but I Surrender is not a bad track.
    Posted By: ThankassKill The King the ultimate barnstormer with a shining Cozy Powel.

Cozy Powell would have made a great Rudd replacement back in '83. Too bad he was so tall.

And AC/DC with Bon Scott. :)
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ThankassKill The King the ultimate barnstormer with a shining Cozy Powel.

Cozy Powell would have made a great Rudd replacement back in '83. Too bad he was so tall.

Can’t imagine Cozy playing AC/DC I have to confess
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Can’t imagine Cozy playing AC/DC I have to confess

Why? Simon was essentially a very poor man's Cozy Powell. It's the height thing, right?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Sep 27th 2021

Loved Dio-era Rainbow as a kid and will still give it a listen today.

The funniest thing is listening to Ronnie singing "The Shed", built like a lego figurine as he was.