[ Sign In | Register ]

or if you can't wait

https://we.tl/t-5ZyF...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 23rd 2021

Hmmm. A nice guitar tone in some places but thats about it. Didnt get my eargasm meter further up than 2
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Sep 23rd 2021

Definitely better than that other tune they released recently.
    •  
    • Sep 23rd 2021

Posted By: RoccoDefinitely better than that other tune they released recently.
    Even my grandmother could have succeeded at that. And she's been dead for 35 years.
    •  
    • Sep 23rd 2021

Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: RoccoDefinitely better than that other tune they released recently.
    Even my grandmother could have succeeded at that. And she's been dead for 35 years.

LOL
    Better than Silkworms of course
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • Sep 24th 2021

Not sure why the dont just stay as a heritage band - release a live dvd/album; The Slash and Miles Kennedy material is strong imho - better than this rehashing of Chinese democracy outtakes
    Stellar comeback, right up there with AFD to my ears

Only joking. Absolute codswallop
    Meh, after two listenings is NOT that bad, it's alrite. I'm sure GNR fans are fine about it. Realize is no back in Black, is it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Sep 24th 2021

Not for me, but then I wasn't a fan even when they were in their pomp.
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • Sep 24th 2021

Actually its ok
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Sep 24th 2021

It wasn't bad, sort of impressive that they finally did an actual RnR song in their old regular style.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Sep 24th 2021

Fantastic song, The vocals anyway are from the 1998 Demo, I doubt Axl is able nowadays to pull itout that way. These vocals are just incredible
    I'm still waiting for truly new material. Absurd grew on me a lot, but my biggest complaint was that Slash and Duff didn't re-write any of it. This actually has a completely new mid-section added to it which is nice and melodic. Still, the main chord changes are not all that interesting and the embellishments Slash added to make it more of a riff than just chord changes... well, they just feel like noodling around. But the more melodic solo is a relief to hear because Slash has been trending away from melodic stuff in recent years, so it seems like he at least put some thought and effort into this. All in all, I guess I'm conflicted.
    Posted By: rideon77Fantastic song, The vocals anyway are from the 1998 Demo, I doubt Axl is able nowadays to pull itout that way. These vocals are just incredible

The vocals at the end are new.
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • Sep 24th 2021

I know these songs aren't technically new. This one's alright, but hearing these "new" GNR songs makes me appreciate PWR/UP even more.
    •  
    • Sep 25th 2021

It makes me wonder if Axl wrote the lyrics at the time about Slash and their deteriorated – or may I say non-existent – relationship?
    •  
    • Sep 25th 2021

Posted By: RoccoIt makes me wonder if Axl wrote the lyrics at the time about Slash and their deteriorated – or may I say non-existent – relationship?

I was thinking it was about Izzy, and how he think he’s better off not being in GnR.
    Posted By: ZanI was thinking it was about Izzy, and how he think he’s better off not being in GnR.

True, but GNR is not better off without Izzy.
    •  
    • Sep 25th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ZanI was thinking it was about Izzy, and how he think he’s better off not being in GnR.

True, but GNR is not better off without Izzy.

Yeah, and Axl Rose tries to get him back but gets turned down, so he wrote this song to process the rejection.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Sep 25th 2021

I wish them all the luck in the world but I don't get excited about new GNR material these days. I was the same with the new Iron Maiden album. I eventually listened to the new Maiden album and it's pretty good.
    The only new releases that tend to excite me nowadays are AC/DC related.
    Having said that, I am quite looking forward to the 40th Anniversary release of Jethro Tull's Broadsword And The Beast album next year. I'm just getting old I guess.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Badlands66
    • Sep 25th 2021 edited

Shite, makes me wonder why Slash is even doing it in the first place, his solo material is 40 times better than this. Of course, idiots will lap it up merely from the name GNR.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Sep 25th 2021 edited

Some people tend to think whatever GNR does without Izzy is just not cool enough. Look, i'm not even a GNR fan but I know he only wrote or co-wrote a handful of songs. Izzy is not Malcolm Young, he never was the "heart" of the band. Most of those hit songs were mostly Axl and Slash, like it or not. I mean, use the internet, research and quit looking stupid.
    •  
    • Sep 25th 2021

I always thought that Izzy delivered a certain level of authenticity to their image, which the guitarists who have followed him haven’t. But I don’t really know much about his songwriting credits or guitar playing.
    •  
    • Sep 25th 2021

Posted By: BallToucherSome people tend to think whatever GNR does without Izzy is just not cool enough. Look, i'm not even a GNR fan but I know he only wrote or co-wrote a handful of songs. Izzy is not Malcolm Young, he never was the "heart" of the band. Most of those hit songs were mostly Axl and Slash, like it or not. I mean, use the internet, research and quit looking stupid.

LOL, Izzy shared songwriting credits on 10 out of Appetite‘s 12 songs. Among those were Sweet Child, Paradise City, Mr. Brownstone and Nightrain. He wrote Lies‘ biggest hit: Patience. Plus he co-wrote – among others – Don‘t Cry and You Could Be Mine from UYI 1&2.
    Posted By: BallToucherSome people tend to think whatever GNR does without Izzy is just not cool enough. Look, i'm not even a GNR fan but I know he only wrote or co-wrote a handful of songs. Izzy is not Malcolm Young, he never was the "heart" of the band. Most of those hit songs were mostly Axl and Slash, like it or not. I mean, use the internet, research and quit looking stupid.

PREACH! Izzy is so overrated, he's just become the way kids "prove" they're a "real" fan because they know the "secret". Granted, Izzy had some solid contributions, like You Could Be Mine and Brownstone, but he also wrote a lot of the filler tracks and several classics like Civil War were written without him at all. His solo work post-Guns has been a total snoozefest. You'd think that might make people question his secret genius status...
    Posted By: Rocco
    LOL, Izzy shared songwriting credits on 10 out of Appetite‘s 12 songs. Among those were Sweet Child, Paradise City, Mr. Brownstone and Nightrain. He wrote Lies‘ biggest hit: Patience. Plus he co-wrote – among others – Don‘t Cry and You Could Be Mine from UYI 1&2.

He was listed last on Paradise City (meaning the least input) and we know for a fact he just put chords behind Slash's iconic riff on Sweet Child, which is why he's also listed last there. He also primarily wrote the biggest turds on AFD: Think About You and Anything Goes. Similarly, he wrote the worst songs on UYI. He also had no credit at all for hits like Welcome to the Jungle, so it's pretty ridiculous when people act like Guns wouldn't even sound like Guns without him.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Sep 26th 2021

I've never got the vitriol for GNR that some have but I really think they might have been better off to have burned out than faded away.

They had one really good album that I still like to this day. There is one really good album's worth of material across UYI I & II. That should have been it.

Solo and guest projects after that could keep them all ticking over with the occasional reunion show.
    Posted By: ToiletWallPoethe wrote the worst songs on UYI.

Izzy didn't write November Rain, Get in the Ring and My World.

And 14 Years is not one of the worst songs on UYI.
    Izzy is the man. But I think he needed Axl and vice verca. I love Izzy songs on UYI; Right Nextdoor to Hell, 14 years, Dust and Bones, YCBM, dont Cry and the great double talkin jive.

That man is the Glue and the cool of the band
    Some can query the importance of Izzy & Steven to what made GNR a great rock n roll band. But the fact GNR have been utter wank without them, completely confirms they were clearly essential ingredients

Can’t hide from facts, even if you’re a republican
    • Sep 26th 2021

Izzy is not overrated at all
    • Sep 26th 2021

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 26th 2021

The sometimes Stones influenced GNR songs was probably Izzys contribution since he was a fan of them and Keith Richards. Don’t know if he is overrated, just that GNR doesn’t sound as good without him as with him.
    Izzy didn't write November Rain, Get in the Ring and My World.

14 Years absolutely is, and the fact that you brought it up without me even mentioning it says everything. Also see: Dust N Bones, You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession.
    Posted By: BillyBollocksSome can query the importance of Izzy & Steven to what made GNR a great rock n roll band. But the fact GNR have been utter wank without them, completely confirms they were clearly essential ingredients

Can’t hide from facts, even if you’re a republican

Damn, you just made the most common logical fallacy republicans make: treating correlation as causation. You could just as well argue Rudd leaving DC tanked the quality of songs just because he happened to leave at the right time. No, all artists just tend to lose their creativity over time. And again, if Izzy was such a brilliant writer, why has everything he's written since leaving Guns been the most laughably generic crap imaginable?

Posted By: rideon77Izzy is not overrated at all

Brilliant! Who would have ever thought of strumming a two chord progression of D and A? This has to be a joke, right? I fell asleep halfway though.

Meanwhile Slash left Guns to make the exact same kind of unique and melodic riffs that shot them to stardom in the first place.

Acting like the freaking Ju Ju Hounds have more of the AFD songwriting style than Snakepit or VR is delusional, I'm sorry.
    You don't like Dust N' Bones???

That's one of my favourite GNR songs. Great groove.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 27th 2021 edited

Posted By: ToiletWallPoet

14 Years absolutely is, Also see: Dust N Bones, You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession.

^These can’t be the worst ones on UYI. Pretty good rock songs imo. Especially compared to the massive ballads, rap and whatnot on those two albums.
    •  
    • Sep 27th 2021 edited

Seems like it's the die-hard GnR fans that like Izzy the least. I always thought he at least looks cool, Gilby Clarke and Richard Fortus both look a little bit like posers.
    •  
    • Sep 27th 2021 edited

Izzy had the more laid back, Stones like, groove influence in GnR. Slash and Axl the more harder mellodic rock. On UYI it resulted in almost 2 different music styles. And although Dust and Bones,You Aint The First and Bad Obsession were a bit out of place b rate songs (but so was My World), i really like 14 years, YCBM and Double Talking Jive.
    And btw; Think About You is a classic gem on AFD

I like both styles and when i'm in the mood for Stones like songs i listen with pleasure to the Ju Ju Hounds. On the other hand; Slash's live album Made in Stoke is a master of pure hardrock and very enoyable.