[ Sign In | Register ]

Tally ho folks! A photographer friend of mine is working on a project documenting places in London with a rock connection and he asked me if I knew any addresses with an AC/DC connection there. That made me think I remember some discussion here a while ago regarding the address to E.Zee Hire Studios - and I believe someone was trying to put together a list of AC/DC addresses in London? I can't find those threads now however. It would be of great help if anyone could help out with some past AC/DC addresses in Lonodon!
    49 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater. That's where the band first lived when they moved to London.

Not sure if that's interesting.

67 Overhill Road, East Dulwich. Although that's a bit of a downer.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Aug 30th 2021

It might have been me a few years back talking about London addresses, I stay round Gloucester Road for a week or two each summer and I think Bon spent a lot of time with Silver Smith there. Never did quite find out for sure, and it might have been nearby Emperor’s Gate in any case!

Flat 15, Ashley Court, Morpeth Terrace is where I think Bon was living at the time of his death.

The Warrington Hotel,W9 1EH is where I believe he spent some of the early evening of his final night. It’s a lovely ornate old school pub which was a bit of a musicians hangout back in the day I think. Also not far from BBC Maida Vale where the band did a session in 1976.
    A totally different pub now, but this was the Red Cow pub in Hammersmith, where they played their first London gigs, I am quite certain.

https://www.latymers...
    Posted By: TreehornI stay round Gloucester Road for a week or two each summer and I think Bon spent a lot of time with Silver Smith there

Flat 9, 96 Gloucester Road, South Kensington (near the Gloucester Road Tube station)
    (from Fink's book, Bon: The Last Highway, p. 62 in my edition)
    • AC/DC rock music: Dyl70
    • Aug 31st 2021

38 Mountfield Road, Finchley London. Bon lived with his wife Irene and the band Fraternity in 1973. Koko Club Camden, which used to be known as the Music Machine (and Camden Palace in the 80s) 1A Camden High Street, London. NW1 7JE. Nashville Rooms (no longer exists) ACDC played their 2nd UK gig at 171 North End Road, Kensington W14 9NL (quite a few photos exist from that gig). Also the old Marquee 90 Wardour Street, Soho, London (ACDC did a residency in 76’), Its now a restaurant. All the bands that played the Marquee in those days used to drink in the Ship 116 Wardour Street, Soho, London (You can be sure that the band would have drunk in there at some point). Also two pubs that featured in a video/interview from Countdown circa 76’ when the band were being interviewed in London are The Nags Head, 10 James Street, London WC2E 8BT and the White Lion on the other side of the street. Both pubs are right outside Covent Garden Tube station.

I think the band also stayed at a flat in Barnes (Hammersmith) for some time, that’s documented in Mark Evans book. Anyway, hope that helps !
    • AC/DC rock music: Dyl70
    • Aug 31st 2021

The Barnes address is 23 Lonsdale Road, Barnes, Hammersmith, London. Bon also worked at a pub in North London when in Fraternity which is no longer there. That would have been a place to visit. Good luck with your project
    Thanks for all the great imput which I'll forward to the photographer. Still no-one who knows where E.Zee Hire was (is)?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Sep 1st 2021

Posted By: soulstripper666Thanks for all the great imput which I'll forward to the photographer. Still no-one who knows where E.Zee Hire was (is)?

It was in Kings Cross and if you message Robert Ellis on Facebook then I'm sure he'd let you know the exact location.
    23 Lonsdale Road, Barnes... No change from 2 million quid in 2021!!
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 1st 2021

The toilets by the lobby in the Connaught hotel. Its where I was taking a pee and saw Cliff tip the guy in the loo £5. I wasn't stalking him (seriously I promise!), but I knew they were in town and I was around and booked dinner at the amazing restaurant there with my wife that night.

So I get a "sort of"stalk lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Sep 1st 2021

36 Causton Street, Pimlico... aka, Vanilla Studios.
    The place where Bon went out with Kinnear.
    https://en.wikipedia...