[ Sign In | Register ]

I'm not saying 'PWR/UP' is the final AC/DC album - but how would you feel if it was? How does the idea make you feel, as a fan?
    Well i still listen to it. I even listened to it on cassette today. So if it is their final one i wouldn´t cry. I doupt they could top it in three years. But i wouldn´t strangle them for tryin either.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 24th 2021

Posted By: PowerRagedI'm not saying 'PWR/UP' is the final AC/DC album - but how would you feel if it was? How does the idea make you feel, as a fan?

I would feel good about it. They would close their career with magnificent album, that righted the sour taste that the whole ROB drama left. And it’s a fitting tribute to Mal.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Aug 24th 2021

Meh. I would prefer one more, without Brendan OBrien.
    It is life. At least they would have went out with a bang. Great album, great tribute to the amazing Malcolm Young and the legacy of the band that will outlive us all.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Aug 24th 2021

+1
    Content, despite the formulaic production. I haven’t enjoyed a new AC/DC record this much since SUL.
    Posted By: DustDevilMeh. I would prefer one more, without Brendan OBrien.

This
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • Aug 25th 2021

Triumphant, band came back from the dead again to make a very good album. I still listen to it, which wasn't really the case for the last few at this point. Like I said, ACDC was dead. We all thought it was over for sure.
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Aug 25th 2021

PWR UP would be a fantastic swansong. I would be more than happy if there is nothing else. Ending on a showmans high.
    Bittersweet as I would love more stuff from the boys but if that was their last album then they definitely went out on top. I love the album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 25th 2021

Back in '95 i really thought BB would be their last album, and i could perfectly live with that.
    Everything after that was a bonus (some good, some bad).
    PU is a good effort from the most 'classic' line up we could have hoped for.
    A bit artificially young sounding but crisp and clear. Best sounding album of the BoB trilogy.

Time for some last live shows and after that release some gigs in high quality audio&video.
    I feel nothing about it. Anyone who expects a band's last album to be special is deluding their self; most artists slowly lose their creativity as they age. You can't gather up the mojo juices and write BIB 2 just because you want to. It would be great if creativity worked that way but it doesn't. Just be glad the boys still have something interesting to offer.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Aug 25th 2021

If it's the last one it still puts a big smile on my face.
    I'd be happy/content in all honesty.

Angus got the boys back together and gave us a great album. Feels like a bit of closure in many ways.

I'm hoping that some of the material in the "Vaults" is approved for release in the coming years.
    Excellent question. As much as I'd love to see more AC/DC and another new album from them I must say that I love Power Up so much that I would be satisfied if this were to be their last album. Seeing as it's such a good quality album, finishing on such a high would be a nice album to finish on. I still think it's the best album since Flick and at least on par with SUL.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Aug 25th 2021

I'm fine with both ways. I really do enjoy PU since day one and I agree with most of you that it would be a great last album. On the other hand I would love to hear one more from the boys, even if it can't compete to PU. For me there is no such thing than "destroying a legacy" or stuff like that. I recently checked on my old Star Wars trilogy and it works perfectly fine :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Aug 25th 2021 edited

PWR UP exceed all my expectations (and still does as i still play it now)....yep end it now........we salute you !
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Aug 25th 2021

Posted By: DustDevilMeh. I would prefer one more, without Brendan OBrien.

One last hurray, with Vanda as producer and with some long, bashin' solos.
    Powered Up.
    It’s a fine swan song I never expected. Something tells me 900 will post something interesting in response to this question.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Aug 25th 2021

It was something nice that happened in a fucking miserable year. If that's the last one I'm fine with it. By the time the tour happens, if it happens it's going to feel brand new all over again for me.
    Thought ROB was a poor album, Pwr Up is better note to finish on.
    Very glad we didn’t end with ROB as well
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 26th 2021

I'd be fine with it, but would welcome details on forthcoming "Vaults" releases at the same time.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Aug 26th 2021

If it is the final album, I'd be absolutely fine with it. But if this is the end of the band, I'd be absolutely disappointed. There must be a final tour, they cannot go out any other way.
    The more, the merrier.
    I want another.

But if this was their send off, I am very, very happy, and couldn’t be happier. It’s a great album through and through, and feels like a Phoenix rising from the ashes of everything that happened with the line up, as well as some mediocre outputs prior to ROB. ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Aug 29th 2021

If Power Up is their last one, that's fine with me.
    • AC/DC rock music: BSeattle
    • Aug 29th 2021 edited

Another way to think about the question is... Would you rather the band quit a record too early... or a record too late?

Or to put it another way, would you rather their last album be reasonably good (at least), or would you want them to keep putting out albums until one is bad enough to make them completely irrelevant?

I'm torn, because I'd love a new album. But my gut tells me that PWR/UP quality is likely unrealistic going forward. It may be the best we could expect as a final album.
    If it’s their final album I can take that.

I can still play it top to bottom without skipping any songs.

Can’t ask for more than that in 2021
    • AC/DC rock music: BSeattle
    • Aug 29th 2021

I think what would make me happiest is one last great track released... either for a movie soundtrack or compilation album, or whatever.
    One last song that we'd include in a "greatest of" list.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Aug 31st 2021

I can live with this being the last one....
    But...Angus did say there is still a lot of material in the box....why not a final double album?
    I've got all their music, and have seen them 11 times in concert. They owe me nothing.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Aug 31st 2021

I’m fine with this . Just really glad they didn’t just fizzle out with all the mess that surrounded the ROB period
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Aug 31st 2021

I would be your name, "PowerRaged".