[ Sign In | Register ]

Well if that doesn’t go platinum there is no justice
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Aug 19th 2021

Ah, great, another thread to bash Dave Evans. To be honest, I've listened to the first few seconds of the song and it's already better than anything off of Head Job, which loads of people on this forum have convinced themselves they like, so maybe old Dave and his band of merry men aren't so bad after all.
    Not bad at all. Maybe he should do this more laid back singing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Aug 20th 2021

Posted By: BrianyAh, great, another thread to bash Dave Evans. To be honest, I've listened to the first few seconds of the song and it's already better than anything off of Head Job, which loads of people on this forum have convinced themselves they like, so maybe old Dave and his band of merry men aren't so bad after all.

Why would any sensible fan bash Dave out of the blue? I get it when he says something really stupid, like some stuff about AC/DC in the past, but this song is quality. His last interview about AC/DC was respectful to the band and people didn't bash him in that thread.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 20th 2021 edited

I've listened to the whole song open minded.

An average rock song with a decent intro.
    Dave's vocal performance is nothing special. Not bad for a 70+ male but flat as a pancake.
    Lyrics are just as terrible as Y&Y lyrics but in another sense; a one dimensional summing up of events during a gig in which Dave is the star and the king of all badasses.
    It's more or less his answers in interviews that are recorded over music.

For me a 5,5/10
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Aug 20th 2021

SHITE.
    good ol david, love his stuff, got his video tape of "catch rabbit live" from 1975 and a signed photo from him!
    I have thought about my position with this question and changed my view, now-a-days I say:

Dave rules.

I sure wish I would have been the original AC/DC singer, be It only only one single and dressed in half drag
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Sep 2nd 2021

At least he's not using a lightning bolt in his name anymore.
    Interesting… It’s got an OK Computer-era Radiohead vibe.
    Posted By: SHOO23LAt least he's not using a lightning bolt in his name anymore.

One down one to go
    Only just noticed there’s a band member called Bad Boy Troy …

This is right up there with KK’s Priest
    Posted By: BillyBollocksOnly just noticed there’s a band member called Bad Boy Troy …

Man KKs Priest musically is not bad at all, but those lyrics. They are so cheesy and cliche that they would make y&y lyric duo cringe;

We are brothers of the road
    And we rock
    We will never-ever stop
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2
    Posted By: BillyBollocksOnly just noticed there’s a band member called Bad Boy Troy …

Man KKs Priest musically is not bad at all, but those lyrics. They are so cheesy and cliche that they would make y&y lyric duo cringe;

And we rock
    We will never-ever stop

That's why AC/DC lyrics were not that bad in the first place. But, I am sure some forum members prefer such lines written by KK instead.
    KK’s Priest, and this thing are just both pure cliche driven cheesewagons
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Badlands66
    • Sep 3rd 2021 edited

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2

And we rock
    We will never-ever stop

That's why AC/DC lyrics were not that bad in the first place.

Depends on what standard you hold it to. SUL was almost incomprehensible on ceriain tracks, Black Ice too.
    To me better to almost be incomprehensible than the infantile lines of many other bands, as exemplified recently in this thread. Sure those lyrics by Y and Y are nothing to brag about either.
    It's a toe-tapper, that's for sure.