[ Sign In | Register ]

Personally I’ve never rated Charlie watts, I can’t wait to hear a little bit more life in the stones
    • AC/DC rock music: St. Looy
    • Aug 18th 2021

Stones faded away in the seventies, never had the interest to see them. Then the shows with DC came up - and DC wiped the floor with them!
    But in Mr. Watts defence: At one show he launched a drumstick into the crowd. It cleared the stage, the huge press pit, the first 20 or so "rows" of people and then split a guys forehead open! Not bad!!
    Posted By: YoungAngus1999Personally I’ve never rated Charlie watts, I can’t wait to hear a little bit more life in the stones

This is the most ridiculous comment in the history of this forum. IMHO

Stones without Charlie is, even on paper as ridiculous as AC/DC without Phil
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Aug 18th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: YoungAngus1999Personally I’ve never rated Charlie watts, I can’t wait to hear a little bit more life in the stones

People don't care, generally. It's only hardcore fans who get bent out of shape if a certain guy isn't behind the kit. The exception would be the rare instances where the drummer is also the frontman, i.e. Phil Collins and Genesis.
    There’s just something about his snare/hi-hat technique that annoys me, to me it never feels solid
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 18th 2021 edited

Posted By: YoungAngus1999There’s just something about his snare/hi-hat technique that annoys me, to me it never feels solid
    It comes across as a bit sloppy or messy but it perfectly fits the music in where the guitar chords often lean into the rhythm. Charlie never hits the snare and the hi hat at the same time
    That always looked a bit strange.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 18th 2021

Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: BillyBollocks

People don't care, generally. It's only hardcore fans who get bent out of shape if a certain guy isn't behind the kit. The exception would be the rare instances where the drummer is also the frontman, i.e. Phil Collins and Genesis.
    Maybe Lars Ulrich or Don Henley?

Seriously?!

Charlie is the main reason i even started to listen to them. I´ll admit that he has a quirky style of play, but he is easily one of the best drummers of all time.
    Charlie gives a very good loose groove and swing. He is not a hard hitter like Rudd (RIG), but he gives Stones what they need.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 18th 2021

Charlie is just perfect for the Stones. Just as Phil is for AC/DC. Listen to Gimme Shelter. His drumming there is pure genius.
    Everyone's favourite band - Kiss - are back up and running.

• AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Sep 24th 2021

Norway opens fully on coming Saturday. 90,6% of people aged 18 and over got 1st shot. 83,8% got 2nd shot. Gimme some shows!!
    We’ll that Charlie Watts comment aged well, I’m not anti-Charlie - no denying his legendary status, he’s just not in my top 5 \m/
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Sep 24th 2021 edited

it hurts to see Collins trying to knock out them songs live tho.....but love the ol Genesis

i wonder in rehearsals did they half decide not to tour considering Collins health and vocal abilities, or have they just said fuck it, its still us, lets do it !

I love old Genesis, as in the Gabriel era stuff