[ Sign In | Register ]

Posted By: BrianyAngus said that Love Hungry Man was inspired by a bad pizza.

And if Angus said Live Wire was inspired by a pair of shoes that didn´t fit, you'd believe that too.
    That was Stand Up
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Aug 12th 2021

Posted By:Goulash 3 days agoOzzy said he once took rohypnol and ended up stuck down the side of his bed, unable to move.

I somehow don't picture Ozzy having much trouble getting stuck down the side of his bed, with or without chemical assistance.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Aug 13th 2021

Posted By: BallToucher

And if Angus said Live Wire was inspired by a pair of shoes that didn´t fit, you'd believe that too.

I'm just saying what Angus said. I didn't say I believed it to be a true happening.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Aug 13th 2021

Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: BallToucher

I'm just saying what Angus said. I didn't say I believed it to be a true happening.

And I can hear him saying it. He was always one for, throwaway comments in interviews.
    He said that Love Hungry Man reminded him (afterwards, several years after HTH had been released) of a bad pizza, as to what I can recall.
    Posted By: MeanstreakHe said that Love Hungry Man reminded him (afterwards, several years after HTH had been released) of a bad pizza, as to what I can recall.

Everyone seems to remember that comment differently although the pizza is the common factor! I remeber it being "That one was probably written after a bad pizza".
    Quote: "This has been mentioned before, and I think it fits the brief: Bon got inspiration for the line "you can roll me tally ho ho" in You Ain't Got a Hold on Me from an Australian brand of cigarette papers called Tally Ho. "

Speaking about YAGAHOM, could anyone with a grip of the English language tell me what the line "You can roll me if I'm blind" is supposed to mean? I suppose it's not to be taken literarilly - maybe blind drunk or something?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Aug 13th 2021 edited

Posted By: soulstripper666Speaking about YAGAHOM, could anyone with a grip of the English language tell me what the line "You can roll me if I'm blind" is supposed to mean? I suppose it's not to be taken literarilly - maybe blind drunk or something?

Not sure, but could be a play on words with the term "roller blinds" ? But I'm not a native speaker, so I might be completely off XD
    I agree with you that it’s Blind drunk.

Wrap someone round your finger is to easily persuade someone to do what you want that person to do. I think he’s then saying you can also persuade me easily if I’m blind drunk.
    Posted By: soulstripper666Quote: "This has been mentioned before, and I think it fits the brief: Bon got inspiration for the line "you can roll me tally ho ho" in You Ain't Got a Hold on Me from an Australian brand of cigarette papers called Tally Ho. "

Speaking about YAGAHOM, could anyone with a grip of the English language tell me what the line "You can roll me if I'm blind" is supposed to mean? I suppose it's not to be taken literarilly - maybe blind drunk or something?

To 'roll' someone means to rob them, jump them on the street and take their money. So 'you can roll me if I'm blind' means to be a bastard and rob a blind person. The 'blind drunk' meaning may also be right. I hadn't thought about that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 13th 2021

YAGAHOM is gem.
    Posted By: RoccoYAGAHOM is gem.

Bon's lyrics are always more clever than you reali(s/z)e at first listen!