[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Jul 22nd 2021

Anything Goes is named after the quality control they had on Black Ice.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jul 22nd 2021

I listened to AG yesterday, came on in a playlist whilst repairing my barn. I only registered that it was the infamous Anything Goes after the first verse. I had been bobbing my head and mumbling the lyrics into the stone wall I was fixing. It rocks, I don't care what you say.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 22nd 2021

It's defenitly better than his cheese brother RTBA
    RTBA is more of a rock n' roll song with influences from the 1950s, in the Chuck Berry vein. Anything Goes in comparison has more glam influences, I would argue. Sounds more like something Slade might have done, maybe.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jul 22nd 2021

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there are a contingent of people who do not like Anything Goes because we've never been able to wholly agree on a single song being good post-1983.
    It's got some great vocal melodies from Brian like "playin as the night rolls on" in the bridge.

The comparisons to RTBA and RNR Thunder are incomprehensible to me. The other two are generic oldies rock with nothing original about them. Say what you will about AG, but it's not just rehashing oldies rock cliches and is an original composition. They sound nothing alike.
    Posted By: BrianyI suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there are a contingent of people who do not like Anything Goes because we've never been able to wholly agree on a single song being good post-1983.

Anyone who says Stiff Upper Lip is not a good song is not worth listening to in my opinion!
    Or Ballbreaker
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jul 22nd 2021

Posted By: ToiletWallPoetIt's got some great vocal melodies from Brian like "playin as the night rolls on" in the bridge.

The comparisons to RTBA and RNR Thunder are incomprehensible to me. The other two are generic oldies rock with nothing original about them. Say what you will about AG, but it's not just rehashing oldies rock cliches and is an original composition. They sound nothing alike.

Well, the vocal melody in the verses of RTBA and AG are almost identical. So Altersstufen those two are comparable to a degree. But I agree that as whole songs they are totally different beasts. I love AG.
    •  
    • Jul 22nd 2021

Posted By: WarMachine73Or Ballbreaker

Or Damned
    Posted By: Briany

Or Damned

Damned is a great song.

Or Damned

Or Give It Up
    Posted By: Demon Fire
    Damned is a great song.

Well, I'll be damned.

I'll - be -

DAAA - AAAMNED
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Jul 24th 2021

Posted By: The Outsider

Or Damned

Or Give It Up

Or Can't Stop Rock n Roll
    •  
    • Jul 24th 2021

Posted By: Aidenc
    Posted By: The Outsider

Or Damned

Or Give It Up

Or Can't Stop Rock n Roll

Hell yeah. My paisanos in this thread.
    I like it. It reminds me of a friend of mine who I met around the time that record came out.