[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Jul 15th 2021

Anything Goes is a wonderful song off the Black Ice album. It may not sound like an AC/DC song, but it's still great. A beautiful song. I think this should be the ending song if AC/DC ever have a last concert. It definitely should've gotten more live play, and played more on the radio.
    Great song, nice solo and breakdown!
    Great song, nice solo and breakdown!
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jul 15th 2021

It is a great song but not loved by everyone.
    Good song

Definitely better picks for a final live tune though lol
    Out of all 3 O'Brien's futile attemps to generate a new You Shook Me, it's the one I kinda like the most.
    Anything Hurls….listen to Flick on repeat, tell me again how great this shite is.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 15th 2021

Anything Goes is to AC/DC, as Margherita Time is to Status Quo.......but, I like it! It so reminds me of the '70s glam sound, which is where Brian came from, and Mal was inspired by.
    Anything Blows?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jul 15th 2021

I really do like Anything Goes, but it shouldn't be nowhere near the setlist for the final gig.
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Jul 15th 2021

If they came out and did Anything Goes as the encore for their final concert, the only thing that could be more amazing is if just as the crowd was hitting peak rage, they follow it up with a double-encore of House of Jazz.

That would be elite-level trolling.
    Posted By: BallToucherOut of all 3 O'Brien's futile attemps to generate a new You Shook Me, it's the one I kinda like the most.

I know you're talking about Rock The Blues Away from Rock Or Bust being the second try at a new You Shock Me but what is the third attempt?
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Jul 15th 2021

Posted By: Demon Firebut what is the third attempt?

Got Some Rock and Roll Thunder?
    Posted By: Richraff
    Posted By: Demon Firebut what is the third attempt?

Got Some Rock and Roll Thunder?

That's my favorite song on Rock Or Bust. I also like Anything Goes and Rock The Blues Away.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Jul 15th 2021

GSRNRT is definitely not an attempt.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jul 15th 2021

Imagine the scenes if the boys came back out after FTATR in their final gig, only to play ROB.
    As for what should be the last song of the last gig, well Ride On could work. Then again so could Rock And Roll Damnation. They could finish with a banger like Shake Your Foundations.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Jul 15th 2021 edited

Posted By: Demon FireI know you're talking about Rock The Blues Away from Rock Or Bust being the second try at a new You Shock Me but what is the third attempt?

That'd be Mists of Time for me, although I reckon is not as blatant. But still, a desperate attempt at a radio friendly soccer mom hit single. Perfect humming for your drive back home.
    Love AG. I like their heavy songs the most, but there's nothing wrong with a touch of commerciality, now and then.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jul 15th 2021

I really enjoy Anything Goes. Could have been a fantastic track with proper lyrics.
    • AC/DC rock music: BSeattle
    • Jul 15th 2021 edited

I don't hate it, but IMO it's missing something.
    If you want to go commercial, shouldn't you have a good chorus, at least?
    The reason it wasn't a "hit" was that it just wasn't catchy enough.
    Maybe some melodic backing vocals or something?
    There's no better ending song than FTATR. It's mathematically impossible. If you want to make it special somehow, some options could be Ride On, IALWTTT, maybe Rocker but thats about it
    Posted By: BallToucher
    Posted By: Demon FireI know you're talking about Rock The Blues Away from Rock Or Bust being the second try at a new You Shock Me but what is the third attempt?

That'd be Mists of Time for me, although I reckon is not as blatant. But still, a desperate attempt at a radio friendly soccer mom hit single. Perfect humming for your drive back home.

I guess you could say Through The Mists Of Time is radio friendly. I think it's a great song though.
    Posted By: BSeattleIf you want to go commercial, shouldn't you have a good chorus, at least?

THIS.

At least, they got it right (in the catchy chorus department) with RTBA and TTMOT.

Also, why did they call it Anything Goes instead of There She Goes or Nobody Knows??
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: BSeattleIf you want to go commercial, shouldn't you have a good chorus, at least?

THIS.

At least, they got it right (in the catchy chorus department) with RTBA and TTMOT.

Also, why did they call it Anything Goes instead of There She Goes or Nobody Knows??

Same with Rock and Roll Train
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatSame with Rock and Roll Train

AC/DC got really lazy on Black Ice. Just re record the "Runaway Train" lines, and replace them with "Rock N Roll Train" if you don't want to name your song Runaway Train.
    Runaway Train sounds much better though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Jul 16th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatSame with Rock and Roll Train

AC/DC got really lazy on Black Ice. Just re record the "Runaway Train" lines, and replace them with "Rock N Roll Train" if you don't want to name your song Runaway Train.

I think Black Ice should have been called "Title Change" because that's my impression of the whole album. The train theme appears to have been much stronger at some point, and later downplayed.
    There should be some regrets associated with naming the song Rock N Roll Train, one of the worst song titles I've ever heard. Runaway Train sounds way better, and sharing song titles with other artists was apparantly not a problem with Shot in The Dark and War Machine.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permAC/DC got really lazy on Black Ice.

They got lazy on Power Up. They should have had titles like Rock 'n' Roll Rejection, Through the Mists of Rock 'n' Roll, Wild Rock 'n' Roll Reputation, etc. But Angus just didn't give a toss this time round.
    Posted By: azelAnything Goes is to AC/DC, as Margherita Time is to Status Quo.......but, I like it! It so reminds me of the '70s glam sound, which is where Brian came from, and Mal was inspired by.

Quite simply spot on
    Dog muck.
    • AC/DC rock music: guzgog
    • Jul 17th 2021

Sounds like a pretend Quireboys song to me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jul 17th 2021

^Ouch!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Jul 17th 2021

Posted By: Zan

There should be some regrets associated with naming the song Rock N Roll Train, one of the worst song titles I've ever heard.

I see your shit song title and raise you Rock n Roll Telephone. Which is also a shit song

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jul 17th 2021

^LOOL
    Anything Goes is Everything Blows.

Shit song,worst single ever. Yes Danger wins.

There she Goes she Goes
    And nobody knows

Well they fuckin see her going right? So they know
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 18th 2021

Musically a great song with great guitar interplay and solo.
    The vocal melody is a bit cheesy though. Song defenitly misses a great chorus end epic end.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jul 20th 2021

Posted By: ThankassMusically a great song with great guitar interplay and solo.
    The vocal melody is a bit cheesy though. Song defenitly misses a great chorus end epic end.

Vocal melody is a little cheesy, yes, but it's still an acceptable level of cheese and doesn't hurt the song.
    My least favorite track on BI.
    Posted By: Angus12345My least favorite track on BI.

My least fav of the Brian Johnson era, easily.

There she Goes she goes... aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh