[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Jun 1st 2021

This is a question that loads of people around the world are asking. I would like to hear what everyone thinks about it. My last prediction was March 2021, but that turned out to be false. So, my second prediction is that AC/DC will start the tour sometime in fall this year. Specifically mid-September. Also, Angus has revealed that they have enough material for 2 more albums, which means that Power Up may or may not be the final AC/DC album. I also would like to hear your thoughts about whether AC/DC will make a new album.
    They need to start here in the States. The vaccine roll out was a great success and things truly are pre-pandemic over here. The Mrs. and I have been going everywhere since March. Everything is open!
    I think somewhere in '22 is when it will start.
    GnR just announced a 2021 tour and there is more to come. USA is back in business
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Jun 1st 2021 edited

Foo Fighters also announced a few dates aswell, starting in July I think
    Posted By: matirockerFoo Fighters also announced a new dates aswell, starting in July I think

Oh crap now I hope the pandemic returns
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Jun 1st 2021

Posted By: CliffFINmark2
    Posted By: matirockerFoo Fighters also announced a new dates aswell, starting in July I think

Lolololololol
    • AC/DC rock music: kelway
    • Jun 1st 2021

Surely we'll have some US tour dates announced later this month -- it's written in the stars. US is indeed back open and the tide is rising and so am I.
    I think this year is doubtful. Places are filling up quickly. I'd say IF it happens look for summer 2022 in stadiums and a VERY small tour.
    They will tour. I'm quietly confident of that and Angus has indicated on several occasions that he'd like to do some shows. How big the tour will be is the part that we are all unsure about but I'd be surprised if AC/DC don't at least do a small tour. My guess is the tour will start early next year in 2022.
    Posted By: benji

Lolololololol

Lolololololol +1
    Never mind that, when will the House Band tour?
    What about a surprise tour,
    playing small Pubs for about a hundred audience ?

Believing, they could afford it.
    Cadillac Three and Blackberry Smoke Tours announced
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • Jun 4th 2021

Posted By: CliffFINmark2GnR just announced a 2021 tour and there is more to come. USA is back in business

Trumps legacy!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Aidenc
    • Jun 8th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: benji

Lolololololol

Lolololololol +1

Lolololololol +2
    Posted By: NightProwler74I think this year is doubtful. Places are filling up quickly. I'd say IF it happens look for summer 2022 in stadiums and a VERY small tour.

What he said.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Jun 9th 2021

JFC I need to see them one last time...
    • AC/DC rock music: GTech
    • Jun 9th 2021

Concert named "The Official NYC Homecoming Concert in Central Park" is planned to be held in NYC sometime in August. 60000 people max.

Austria and Belgium are fully reopening this summer, full capacity stadium concerts will be allowed.

I hope they are working on tour right now, since it will be possible to do in many countries pretty soon.
    Getting very late for announcing anything in the US or Euro for stadiums this Summer - starting Australia in October/November maybe - which is what was rumoured in 2020.
    • AC/DC rock music: fyfe79
    • Jun 9th 2021

I'd be surprised if they play more than 20 dates on any tour, likely to be in 2022. I think they'll be very selective, just playing massive venues in select cities.

All of them are pushing on anyway, but I'd have concerns about Brian, and especially Phil.

Even with Brian's new hearing device/protectors, he will surely have been advised not to be doing as much touring as before, to give himself plenty of time between shows to recover.
    As for Phil, he looked very lethargic in those recent videos (yes, I know he always appeared bored at the best of times, but he really looks shook these days). It can't be ignored that his meth use has likely made him a shell of what he was, both physically and mentally. When was his last proper gig? End of the Black Ice tour in 2010? That will make it 12 years since he last hit the stage for a proper show if they tour in 2022 (I'm discounting his short set/short tour with his solo band for obvious reasons). If he gets through one gig, including "Let There Be Rock" at proper pace and intensity, then I'll take my cap off to him, but I can't see it, sadly. The Phil of 1981, or even 1996, is long gone and I hate to say it because the guy was a legend to me.
    I am also more worried for Phil. But i am sure they still have some 20-30 really good gigs in them. But i think that they will be very selective with less travelling and not so many cities with atleast 3 days between each concert.
    Something like this
    London x 2
    Berlin x 3
    Munich x 3
    Gothenburg or Stockholm x 2
    Amsterdam x 2
    Wien x 2
    Paris x 3
    Madrid x 2
    Rome x 2

And so on. Actually that might almost be it for Europe.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Jun 9th 2021

Posted By: MohJFC I need to see them one last time...

We all do!
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Jun 9th 2021 edited

Why bother releasing Witches Spell if there's nothing on the horizon. Tour dates (for 2022) are coming.
    Phil was still powerful enough on his solo tour - but yeah he looks very tame in the PU video's
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Jun 10th 2021

A tour perhaps 2022. A new album? It doesn’t make sense to release an album as early as next year, especially if they (hopefully) will be on the PU tour. How long can they wait, given age and health. Two years, five?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Brads AC/DC
    • Jun 10th 2021 edited

I'm confident that they will tour next year. I honestly do not think the question is if they'll play live again but more so how big or small will the tour be. My guess is about 30 shows maximum tour playing in selected cities across the globe with concert dates spread out to give the lads plenty of rest time between gigs.
    Shows in Australia/NZ, UK/Europe, USA/Canada and South America.
    Man I would love a club tour like in 2003
    If they have any sense, and want to keep it interesting they could follow the Stones touring model. Small runs of shows, here there and everywhere but with big gaps between them to let them go off back home.

They can literally do whatever they want and don’t need to be restricted by the old touring format that served them well up to 2015/16
    Posted By: BillyBollocksIf they have any sense, and want to keep it interesting they could follow the Stones touring model. Small runs of shows, here there and everywhere but with big gaps between them to let them go off back home.

They can literally do whatever they want and don’t need to be restricted by the old touring format that served them well up to 2015/16

Spot on! And I think that's what they will do. Small tour with big gaps between gigs and/or cities.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jun 15th 2021 edited

having been lucky to have seen DC numerous times over countless years and tours, i dont think i would be too bothered if i didnt get a ticket to this tour...but to some of you on here who havent seen them, do you think this is your last chance to see them ?
    Posted By: angus1878having been lucky to have seen DC numerous times over countless years and tours, i dont think i would be too bothered if i didnt get a ticket to this tour...but to some of you on here who havent seen them, do you think this is your last chance to see them ?

I'm the same as you. I've seen AC/DC live 11 times and there are others in here who have seen them far more times than both you and I. Fans like us are very lucky to have seen them play live on multiple occasions considering there are plenty of diehard fans who have not seen them play live. To answer your question, for those that have not seen AC/DC live. If they tour for Power Up I'm confident that it will be their last tour because at their age I can't see them doing another tour if they were to do a Power Up tour so if you're a fan that's not seen them yet this would most likely be your very last chance to see them play live. But hey I could be wrong.
    Forget it. Just aint happening ever again.
    Confident there will be SOME shows. Per Cliff, he said would do a "couple". Technically that's 2. He's cited health issues and I don't seem him on for any more than 6 or so. Guy is a grandfather now and just wants to enjoy retirement. I get it and he's earned it. Would Angus likely have someone step in on bass and continue more shows? I say absolutely. Doubtful Mark would leave Rose but it would be pretty cool to have him back in the mix.

My prediction - 2022 large venue tour, spaced out dates, possibly multiple nights at some. Cliff on for 6 or so.

NP74
    Doubtful if Mark would leave Rose Tattoo?

:)

No being funny but he could earn enough on a small or medium length AC/DC tour to retire comfortably i’d imagine. Not to mention living a five star lifestyle for the duration.

He may well love playing in RT (and who wouldn’t) but if offered the above I’d be amazed if he didn’t bite Angus’s whole arm off never mind his hand

And god forbid Cliff does decide he can’t do a small tour, who else could possibly deserve the chance to fill in than Mark?
    But why would Angus ask someone he threw out of the band 44 years ago and has not spoken to since .
    • AC/DC rock music: fyfe79
    • Jun 17th 2021 edited

Posted By: WarMachine73But why would Angus ask someone he threw out of the band 44 years ago and has not spoken to since .

Time heals old wounds? ;)

Anyway, can't see Angus playing any shows without Cliff at this stage. If Cliff agrees to a dozen, then a dozen they will do. I think Brian will be on the same page as Cliff - they'll have spoken and agreed to a number of shows which they would both be happy to play.
    Posted By: WarMachine73But why would Angus ask someone he threw out of the band 44 years ago and has not spoken to since .

Mark was at Mal's funeral by invite

Well he asked Chris back after kicking him out after one album/tour so …
    I just hope Cliff does commit... for an Australian tour at least... fingers crossed