[ Sign In | Register ]

Posted By: BallToucherI wish I could say Classical or Jazz, but no, it's all hard rock and metal for me.

Being fair though, I like Vivaldi, once in a while. I also like early Michael Jackson. Bite me.

Vivaldi's definitely Classical!
    • AC/DC rock music: Ray42
    • May 12th 2021

Posted By: BallToucherI also like early Michael Jackson. Bite me.

Early Jacko was OK. My first cassette was Thriller (bought upon release).
    Why is liking Michael Jackson a bad thing haha. The man had seriously, and I could even say objectively excellent music.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • May 13th 2021

Posted By: matirockerWhy is liking Michael Jackson a bad thing haha. The man had seriously, and I could even say objectively excellent music.

He was good at what he did, but personally I prefer Prince.
    Posted By: azel
    Posted By: matirockerWhy is liking Michael Jackson a bad thing haha. The man had seriously, and I could even say objectively excellent music.

I take it youre talking music!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • May 13th 2021

Posted By: Davidceltic

Better dancer as well.
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • May 13th 2021

Posted By: Davidceltic

Better dancer as well.

Purple Rain is a classic track
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • May 21st 2021 edited

Yes absolutely objectively. I remember growing up in the 90's, he was the biggest star you could ever conceive of. I don't think anyone ever took his place.
    I think he was incredibly inventive musically. He had the sort of effortless musicality you need to be born with. 100% pure talent.
    • AC/DC rock music: DCFanatic
    • May 23rd 2021 edited

I personally love blues and old (meaning pre-1990s) country.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 23rd 2021

Posted By: matirockerWhy is liking Michael Jackson a bad thing haha.

Peter File

Michael Jackson was an amazing talent. How anyone could deny that is baffling to me. They don't have to like his music as we all have different tastes but surely nobody can deny he was very talented. His albums 'Off The Wall' and 'Thriller' were fantastic.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Brads AC/DC
    • May 23rd 2021 edited

Posted By: Rocco

Peter File

I believe this went to the courts and Jackson won with overwhelming evidence proving that he was innocent. Don't believe everything you read in the media or the greedy money grabbers trying to get a piece of his wealth. Yes he was a little strange but no proof of him being an abuser. Anyway, I believe the discussion was about his music not his personal life and the unproven accusations.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • May 23rd 2021

Posted By: Brads AC/DC

Peter File

I believe this went to the courts and Jackson won with overwhelming evidence proving that he was innocent. Don't believe everything you read in the media or the greedy money grabbers trying to get a piece of his wealth. Yes he was a little strange but no proof of him being an abuser. Anyway, I believe the discussion was about his music not his personal life and the unproven accusations.

I always found it so remarkably strange that someone can get so smeared as him even though he was proven innocent in court.
    He may have been found innocent but I think many many people find it hard to believe that he serially shared a bed with underage children (something he admitted to) and nothing of a sexual nature ever occurred. That is just very hard to credit. Consequently many people think his wealth and power shielded him from a successful prosecution - and yes I am one of those people. Am I going to never play Thriller again? No, that would be daft.
    Deffo a paedo
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 23rd 2021

Posted By: Brads AC/DC

Peter File

The whole story with him and his relationships with children remain shady for me. As Alex pointed out he even admired to sharing his bed with kids. For me this leaves a sour taste in my mouth and makes it impossible for me to really enjoy his music. As good as it is.
    F7-F46-A3-E-7-CB1-4939-B87-F-26605183-B7-A5
    I listen to a good amount of stuff. AC/DC is my number one of course, but I listen to a lot of early rock (little richard, Jerry Lee, etc.) and a lot of very early blues (Son house, Howlin' Wolf, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, etc.).
    Oha, much styles.

* Blues, Johnny Winter for ex., had the Winter of 88, when that was still a number, not codeword for some Austrian valleyshitter

* Rockabilly, Stray Cats, Badland Slingers

* Psychobilly, The Meteors

* "Cow Punk", The Waltons, Berlin, Truck me Harder genius LP with quality as Back in Black

* Folk Punk, The Levellers, Levelling the Land outstanding LP

* Medeval Rock, Feuerschwanz

* Plattd├╝tsch dialect songs regardless of style, for the sake of diversity

* Some German Hip Hop from the 90s, Peter Fox, Fettes Brot, Fantastitschen Vier

----

Hate mainstream soul, pop and rap music;
    soon played on radio switching channels.