[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

He sounds fucking great! I hope they get to tour.
    Good on ya Brian, we are happy for you!
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • May 3rd 2021

So good. I have an interview with Brian laughing saying he can't imagine singing back in black at 50...how old is he now? 73?....and after major hearing issues 5 years ago.

Good on you Bri.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ray42
    • May 3rd 2021

Very good but he sounds a bit out of breath here and there. Does that have to do with rehearsing? I don't know. Sure he can belt out 5-6 songs in a row but my concern is a complete show (let's say 15 songs), if not a tour.

I love Brian, he's my favourite singer and musician, but I'm not going to take anything for granted.
    Posted By: azelfrankly I’m amazed (actually I’m not) that he is getting berated here of all places.
    Can’t wait to see Brian back out on the road personally, just hope I’m not stood next to some of you miserable cunts.

Who was berating him? The comments were overwhelmingly positive in this thread. Unless some got deleted or something?

That's why I was frankly shocked to hear how bad he sounded. He's all over the place... he sounded better in 2015 when he couldn't hear.

That said, admitting he does not sound good here is not an insult, he's an old rock veteran and this was a one-off, with little preparation I'd wager. I think if they were actually touring he'd sound much better.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 4th 2021 edited

a Question here...... couldnt AC/DC themselves had done this ?..even if it was just the one song !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: angus1878a Question here...... couldnt AC/DC themselves had done this ?..even if it was just the one song !

If Angus is in Australia I believe it's still very difficult to get back in at the moment.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 4th 2021

I'm surprised there's only a 42 second clip of this. Also, I would find it difficult to keep a straight face and say it sounds good.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: DustDevilI'm surprised there's only a 42 second clip of this. Also, I would find it difficult to keep a straight face and say it sounds good.
    It doesn't sound absolutely fabulous of course, but if you listen carefully you here the potential. The ease in which he can still belt out clear high notes is a good sign. The timing and staying in key issues issues could be less with more rehearsal time. He also had some issues with his in ear monitor, as Goulash posted.
    Posted By: DustDevilI'm surprised there's only a 42 second clip of this. Also, I would find it difficult to keep a straight face and say it sounds good.
    Pretty much my take away as well.
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • May 4th 2021

Who knows how good the sound was at something like this. Award shows are notorious for having problems. Multiple acts going on after each other and probably no sound check in between.
    That said, I thought he did great. To get up from the couch after doing almost nothing live for years, with a strange band and still sound decent is pretty remarkable.

Its adding to the feeling that we might get a limited tour later this year!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • May 4th 2021

This isn't an awards show, it's a festival organised by a pop star for covid
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • May 4th 2021 edited

He doesn't sound Great, It would be an insult to his Great past performances but he did good all things considered
    Honestly, he did not sound good for me. I'm really stupid when it comes to music, but I think higher notes are harder, right? I don't know why he keeps trying to reach those really high notes. He manages but it lacks energy and feels overall powerless. I love his lower tones and I think it suits most of the songs, I think he should sing in a lower range.
    Anyway, it's great to see him.
    At this point I’d rather see Brian wheezing around the stage and only singing every other line of it means we don’t have to suffer the AXL/DC shit again

Fuck, I’d rather listen to Brian narrate the whole set than go through that a second time

Bring it on
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocksAt this point I’d rather see Brian wheezing around the stage and only singing every other line of it means we don’t have to suffer the AXL/DC shit again

Fuck, I’d rather listen to Brian narrate the whole set than go through that a second time

Bring it on

This
    Posted By: somawesomeHonestly, he did not sound good for me. I'm really stupid when it comes to music, but I think higher notes are harder, right? I don't know why he keeps trying to reach those really high notes. He manages but it lacks energy and feels overall powerless. I love his lower tones and I think it suits most of the songs, I think he should sing in a lower range.
    Anyway, it's great to see him.

I don’t think singing BIB an octave down would be the way to go
    With a little practice he could sound pretty good. But I really don't care about that, it is nice to see that he enjoys to sing again. (Last 2 Pictures)

https://www.instagra...
    •  
    • May 4th 2021 edited

Posted By: Treehorn
    Posted By: angus1878a Question here...... couldnt AC/DC themselves had done this ?..even if it was just the one song !

If Angus is in Australia I believe it's still very difficult to get back in at the moment.

why would Angus be in Australia ? (thought he lived in Holland)....................you cant tell me (during this pandemic) that "strings havent been pulled" for politicians. rock stars. actors and sports stars to travel where they want to be ?....weve learned, its one rule for one and one for another...money talks bullshit walks
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: angus1878

why would Angus be in Australia ? (thought he lived in Holland)....................you cant tell me (during this pandemic) that "strings havent been pulled" for politicians. rock stars. actors and sports stars to travel where they want to be ?....weve learned, its one rule for one and one for another...money talks bullshit walks

Angus has houses in both the Netherlands and Australia so I don't see why he wouldn't be in Oz
    Q. Why would AC/DC have wanted to play it is the only question you need to ask

A. They wouldn’t
    •  
    • May 4th 2021 edited

but Brian would...?

(management..."how do you guys fancty getting together and playing 1 song at a music event" ?...dust the gear off . so to speak !

AC/DC...."no" ? (even tho we havent played for a while and weve just brought out a new album, oh and Brian wants to do it ?.........
    Look i would rather listen and pay to see/hear Brian farting for two hours than to listen/pay for Dave Grohl for a minute of anything.

Certainly his take is ruff around the edges, but I for one say that the chap still has chops. No worries.
    • AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • May 4th 2021

Angus has said in all the promo interviews for Power Up, that he is currently in Sydney.
    Y'no what this clip reminds me of? This:
    Posted By: angus1878but Brian would...?

(management..."how do you guys fancty getting together and playing 1 song at a music event" ?...dust the gear off . so to speak !

AC/DC...."no" ? (even tho we havent played for a while and weve just brought out a new album, oh and Brian wants to do it ?.........

And that’s why Brian did it and the band didn’t.
    •  
    • May 4th 2021

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: Goulash

Angus has houses in both the Netherlands and Australia so I don't see why he wouldn't be in Oz

And according to Angus himself he spends most of the time in Oz.

haha Id never seen that!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • May 4th 2021

Given the circumstances, Brian's singing is OK for me. My personal experience - when you're there, live with atmosphere, everything sounds better and maybe you don't even notice some minor issues.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • May 4th 2021

Posted By: matirocker

haha Id never seen that!
    lol this Is gold
    Brian forgetting his mic,pure gold that is lol.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SnakeEye
    • 7 days ago

Under rehearsed I would say. Sounds like he might have gone a bit cold turkey without warming up much.

Clearly he wouldn't have rehearsed for a couple weeks with Foo Fighters beforehand like he would any AC/DC tour.
    Posted By: BillyBollocksAt this point I’d rather see Brian wheezing around the stage and only singing every other line of it means we don’t have to suffer the AXL/DC shit again

I have bad news... your Axl derangement syndrome, it's terminal.

Posted By: somawesomeI'm really stupid when it comes to music, but I think higher notes are harder, right? I don't know why he keeps trying to reach those really high notes.

High notes CAN be harder, depending on the singer and how they sing. It shows that he still has the range to hit them, but came off like he hit them unintentionally because he was having a hard time controlling his voice. Notice how clean they are, I think he was slipping into his falsetto there, whereas he usually hits high notes in his full voice.

Posted By: angus1878but Brian would...?

Totally. Remember when Brian did a bunch of shows in 2005 and even recorded songs because AC/DC was inactive? He also reunited with Geordie back in what, 2002? He's done a lot of guest appearances in his later career. The earliest I can think of is 1997 with Jackyll.
    •  
    • 7 days ago edited

i know there was a big furor online about Paul McCartney, because of the shakiness in his voice of his latest albums, then as he attempted to perform them live, it was worse, maybe its just old age. and you cant fight that im afraid !
    •  
    • 7 days ago edited

I just gave a comment determined upon what I heard. I don't expect Superman. Thank you for the piece of information. Good to know what happened.
    •  
    • 7 days ago

Posted By: MeanstreakI just gave a comment determined upon what I heard. I don't expect Superman. Thank you for the piece of information. Good to know what happened.

I know you don't but some do.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • 7 days ago

He sounded very confident about previous, relatively recent rehearsals. I imagine if we heard those, perhaps a couple of days into them, Brian would sound stronger. Aside from any illness, I can imagine at that age the voice is less stable initially and requires a bit of building up via repetition.

What is evident is his range is still right there (amazing, really), as is his sustain (I don't personally agree with the comments saying he sounded out of puff). He looks fit as a fiddle.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Cannon
    • 7 days ago

Other consideration. Of the entire catalog is there ANY tougher song that could have been chosen to take on live, esp it being a one-off deal? BiB has never been quite replicated from the record in any Brian era.