[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

As it was mentioned on the FF thread. Brain joined Dave Grohl on the2nd of May for a rendition of BIB during Vax Live in Inglewood Cal.
    Will be aired 8th of may.

https://www.bbc.com/...

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

oh god not Dave fucking Grohl !....
    Back to Black - fkin useless cnts
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: angus1878oh god not Dave fucking Grohl !....
    Oh god not Back in Black!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • May 3rd 2021

5 years ago we'd have been soiling ourselves at the prospect of Brian being back on a stage. Now.....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

Posted By: Goulash5 years ago we'd have been soiling ourselves at the prospect of Brian being back on a stage. Now.....

The negativity here is sometimes hard to bear. I for one can't wait to hear a proper recording of it. And I would be just as happy if they had played Hold Me Back.
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: Goulash5 years ago we'd have been soiling ourselves at the prospect of Brian being back on a stage. Now.....

The negativity here is sometimes hard to bear.

It sure is mate, even when some is tongue in cheek.
    I'm as far as you could possibly get from being a Foo Fighters fan but Dave seems like a really nice bloke who loves to rock.
    I take two positives from this. Firstly, a return to live music in front of an audience and also Brian doing something he enjoys. They ain't going to get up onstage and knock out a deep cut for a televised event.
    If anyone isn't interested in seeing this collaboration then they have the power to not tune in.
    Awesome! The man is back.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: Goulash
    Posted By: Rocco

The negativity here is sometimes hard to bear.

It sure is mate, even when some is tongue in cheek.
    I'm as far as you could possibly get from being a Foo Fighters fan but Dave seems like a really nice bloke who loves to rock.
    I take two positives from this. Firstly, a return to live music in front of an audience and also Brian doing something he enjoys. They ain't going to get up onstage and knock out a deep cut for a televised event.
    If anyone isn't interested in seeing this collaboration then they have the power to not tune in.

Spot on. I have the same feelings on both Foo Fighters – I once called it rock music for people who actually don't like rock ;-) – and Dave. I really like him as a person and I think he is an outstanding drummer. And I also concur with the rest.
    Amazing. Saw on Instagram and thought it was photoshopped.

This is a great sign
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

He did really well, all things considered. Still somehow hits the high notes (albeit it's down a semitone) which is impressive, yet again. Voice a bit out of control here and there, like a first night of the tour thing, but that's not surprising. Balls of steel, coming out and doing that to what will end up a worldwide audience.

Probably, opinion will vary, I seem to recall it did with the Grammys. But he can still do it, still sustains notes, still has power. The guy is 73 and singing Back In Black.
    • AC/DC rock music: SAU3R
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: 900He did really well, all things considered. Still somehow hits the high notes (albeit it's down a semitone) which is impressive, yet again. Voice a bit out of control here and there, like a first night of the tour thing, but that's not surprising. Balls of steel, coming out and doing that to what will end up a worldwide audience.

Probably, opinion will vary, I seem to recall it did with the Grammys. But he can still do it, still sustains notes, still has power. The guy is 73 and singing Back In Black.

Where did you see the video?
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

Posted By: SAU3R
    Posted By: 900He did really well, all things considered. Still somehow hits the high notes (albeit it's down a semitone) which is impressive, yet again. Voice a bit out of control here and there, like a first night of the tour thing, but that's not surprising. Balls of steel, coming out and doing that to what will end up a worldwide audience.

I aslo wonder that. Either 900 is confused with the Muse performance or he has found a place on the dark web to watch it..
    There’s 45 seconds of it floating about.

I love Brian but I don’t have to hear him singing with those dullards to confirm it.
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: Thankass

I aslo wonder that. Either 900 is confused with the Muse performance or he has found a place on the darkweb to watch it..

That‘s possible, the Muse performance was solid
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocksThere’s 45 seconds of it floating about.

I love Brian but I don’t have to hear him singing with those dullards to confirm it.
    Can you float that boat to us?
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: ThankassI aslo wonder that. Either 900 is confused with the Muse performance or he has found a place on the dark web to watch it..

Was definitely it, I remember that much despite the booze! On the Muse thing his voice was consistent but he was off pitch after a while. In this one he sounded on pitch but his voice was less consistent, a few warbles and 'jumping' of notes. Hasten to add, still great. But some people might be a bit critical given they were for the Grammys thing.

I can't remember, a friend and I were forwarded it during a mashed-up Skype. He sounded like early BI tour on some of it, and '96 VH1 on other bits, roughed-up sort of vocals. Tempo was nice and stomping, to be fair to the Foo Fighters.
    This is great!
    • May 3rd 2021

What gets me is here you have a guy whose hearing was fucked, he's 73, it's 41 years since Back In Black....and he doesn't just give it a go, he gives it a proper go including hitting the top notes on the chorus. The man is a seriously tough old bastard.

But it's not like 'old geezer has a go', he doesn't seem his age. In that Shot In The Dark video, the shape of him, his body language, he looked mean - I have so much respect for him.
    • May 3rd 2021

Probably difficult for Brian to do an AC/DC gig these days (understandingly). He sounds very strained to me.
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: MeanstreakProbably difficult for Brian to do an AC/DC gig these days (understandingly). He sounds very strained to me.

Yeah, but then again, he probably didn’t practice too much before this. He’ll be a different animal on tour (if it happens)
    • May 3rd 2021

•  
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: SAU3Rhttps://www.instagra...
    I mainly hear timing issues. Could be due to adjusting to the new hearing device. Besides that i hear clear high notes that are not strained or rough. Only sometimes wobbly with staying in key. The potential is there when he has more rehearsal time under his belt.
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

There were a few issues with the in ear monitors. Looking forward to seeing the joy on Brian's face at being back in front of a crowd.
    He sounds fucking great!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 3rd 2021

He sounds fantastic.
    He sounded a bit like in 2003. Wobbly pitch but hitting the high stuff. Nice to see him back and wearing black.
    • May 3rd 2021

It's interesting how apparently easily he *still* hits the high stuff, it's remarkable really. Being able to hear better would certainly help.

He sings like an absolute demon on Power Up, but I noted it was a little like Ballbreaker in that not a lot of the really high stuff, E, F#, G. You don't notice because generally he's still singing in same registers, still singing high, sounding high. I thought some of Realise was super-high, it has that classic Brian shriek, but it's more around a D, I think. Still very high for most singers of course.

So to go flying into Back In Black like that, in fucking 2021, it's great.
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

He always seems to hit the high notes on BIB rather easily, no matter how rough he sounds on other songs during a gig.
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

• AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • May 3rd 2021

He looks fantastic in that picture, as with performance.. seems a little unrehearsed, I have little doubt about Brian's abilities with acdc.
    • May 3rd 2021

I mean, he’s 73, hasn’t played on a stage of this size since 2017, comes out to sing one of the hardest songs in AC/DC (and also in rocks‘) repertoire and sounds like this?! That’s fucking fantastic! I admit I was worried about Brian’s abilities to do shows at his age, but with some rehearsal he’s absolutely tour ready!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • May 3rd 2021

It’s different when you’re there, and that’s what and how I judge all live performances. The bloke has got out there and done what he loves doing, and frankly I’m amazed (actually I’m not) that he is getting berated here of all places.
    Can’t wait to see Brian back out on the road personally, just hope I’m not stood next to some of you miserable cunts.
    Posted By: azeland frankly I’m amazed (actually I’m not) that he is getting berated here of all places.

Only being honest. But it is a first impression though.

Posted By: azeljust hope I’m not stood next to some of you miserable cunts.

:)
    Brian sounds great, no doubt in my mind he can still front the greatest band in the world at 73.

So good to see him belting it out again.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 3rd 2021

Hmm.
    His Voice sounds majestic - some timing issues there but thats minor. Legend.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • May 3rd 2021

Incredible he can sing at all after years of touring...fuckin legend.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • May 3rd 2021

He's 73 guys!!! I don't know if he's able to pull out a tour but he sounds pretty ok here