[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Apr 30th 2021

My dad has told Bruce to "bugger off-you don't know what you're talking about" in relation to a problem on an aircraft my dad was working on, but I still love the man. Best singer Maiden ever had and I love Maiden.
    One of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

Why would someone care for what’s the guy like in real life, or what’s his outfit on stage, is beyond me. Its always the music that matters.
    Posted By: RockInPeaceOne of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

Why would someone care for what’s the guy like in real life, or what’s his outfit on stage, is beyond me. Its always the music that matters.

But if like me you absolutely hate his music, his shitty personality is the cherry on top of a colossal shit pie
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Apr 30th 2021

When I was a kid I saw Maiden a few times at Manchester Apollo. I think for the Powerslave tour, Bruce turned up at the front of house before the gig - it looked like he had just got a train into Manchester as he had a kind of largish bag that had his stuff in slung over his shoulder.

Anyway the touts didn't have a clue who he was and offered him a ticket for his own gig. He kinda freaked out and got in a hell of an argument with them (he didn't have any kind of security around him) Obviously it was so many years ago and my memory is hazy, but I think he almost got in a fight..it was really heated.

Anyway, I always thought that he was quite cool for doing that (even the way he showed up at the gig)

As I grew older, and I didn't think of people as cool just cos they fought an 8 foot monster on a stage, Bruce faded very much into the shadow of Brian for so many reasons (nothing to do with the music). Which is why I would love Brian to do a book tour, and I couldn't give a toss to see Bruce on his tour.
    Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: RockInPeaceOne of the greatest voices in rock. Great songwriter too. Some of his solo albums are absolutely brilliant. Accident of Birth is a masterpiece.

But if like me you absolutely hate his music, his shitty personality is the cherry on top of a colossal shit pie

I see your point:) It's like the opposite for me. I never bothered to go and see his "what does this button do" show in Sofia in 2019, but I love Maiden and I love his solo work and there's never been a moment of hesitation whenever the band shows up in this part of the world:)
    Great singer, great band. Maybe he’s a cunt, I couldn’t care less.
    Most people missed the point I was trying to make.
    Ive seen Maiden about 12/13 times live all in the 1980s.
    Great band back then with great albums
    But doesnt change the fact hes a prick of a man who lives in the past.
    The sooner the butchers apron is a thing of the past the better :-)
    ToiletWallPoet 7 hours ago
    Posted By: MADAXEMAN
    He's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

Naw fuck you mate.....prick!

I launched my beer at the cunt!

So you were mad that you paid for a show without doing your due diligence beforehand? They make it very clear which tours are for the classics and which are supporting new material.

Think your missing the point mate!

Nobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

Maiden had a new album Brave New World and were touring on the back of that.

It was the way he spoke to his own die hard fans that was the issue and let me tell you plenty of them were not happy.

Still a Prick !!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 30th 2021

Posted By: MADAXEMANToiletWallPoet 7 hours ago
    He's a prick because I went to see Maiden the 1st tour he was back with the band Glasgow SECC and he said to a sold out crowd " if any of you fuckers think this is a greatest hits tour you can fuck off"

So you were mad that you paid for a show without doing your due diligence beforehand? They make it very clear which tours are for the classics and which are supporting new material.

Nobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

It was the way he spoke to his own die hard fans that was the issue and let me tell you plenty of them were not happy.

Still a Prick !!

When I've seen them, I've always had the impression that he doesn't actually like or respect his/the band's own fans. Seen them plenty (festivals mainly), but they're really not my thing.
    Brexit cunt.
    Posted By: BillyBollocksBrexit cunt.

So that is part of the politics.
    Absolutely.
    I think Bruce simply is a very opiniated guy. The thing is, anyone who is outspoken will have some people dislike em. He is fairly intelligent, has a great voice and dares to be himself. For that i can respect him. And we all behave like an .ss every once in a while. Is he as likeable as Brian? Probably not. Still an interesting lad with an interesting life. What he does in his private life? Not our business.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 30th 2021 edited

amazed at the opinions on here, fair do,s if its true but..would going to public school cause this ?

do love Brucie tho and do love Maiden...all part of my growing up

dont fancy going to see anyone talking about their careers tho...not even Brian or Angus, just wouldnt interest me....would read the book tho !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Apr 30th 2021

Posted By: ruudtherockerI think Bruce simply is a very opiniated guy. The thing is, anyone who is outspoken will have some people dislike em. He is fairly intelligent, has a great voice and dares to be himself. For that i can respect him. And we all behave like an .ss every once in a while. Is he as likeable as Brian? Probably not. Still an interesting lad with an interesting life. What he does in his private life? Not our business.

I don't judge anyone for being opinionated and I agree that anyone can have an off day but I must have been unlucky enough to have caught him on a lot of bad days.

I was brought up to believe that it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice. Unfortunately, not everyone shares the same values.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Apr 30th 2021

Posted By: MADAXEMANToiletWallPoet 7 hours ago

Still a Prick !!

Fair point, but I would love to hear those words come out of Brian’s mouth at the start of a gig! Followed by 2 hours of songs never aired live before...
    It is a great accomplishment maiden can still fill arenas with "new" songs at this stage at their carreer. And if people dont like that, well why buy a ticket? I can see where Brucey is coming from here.
    Posted By: ruudtherockerIt is a great accomplishment maiden can still fill arenas with "new" songs at this stage at their carreer. And if people dont like that, well why buy a ticket? I can see where Brucey is coming from here.

Playing 15 songs and 6 from a new album is a bit much if you ask me!
    Posted By: MADAXEMANNobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

Still a Prick !!

Christ, lighten up! You seriously think that statement wasn't tongue in cheek? That he was literally telling his own fans to fuck off?

Posted By: Davidceltic

They did the whole new album live in 2007 and just a few hits as the encore. That was also my favorite reunion album of theirs, so I wish I could have seen it. It's also the one tour they didn't release a DVD for.

I suppose it helps when your new material is still really good. A lot of bands can't say the same...
    Posted By: ToiletWallPoet
    Posted By: MADAXEMANNobody went to see a greatest hits tour it was never billed or promoted as such.

Still a Prick !!

Christ, lighten up! You seriously think that statement wasn't tongue in cheek? That he was literally telling his own fans to fuck off?

They did the whole new album live in 2007 and just a few hits as the encore. That was also my favorite reunion album of theirs, so I wish I could have seen it. It's also the one tour they didn't release a DVD for.

I suppose it helps when your new material is still really good. A lot of bands can't say the same...

Were you at the gig ?
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • May 2nd 2021

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: BillyBollocksBrexit cunt.

So that is part of the politics.
    Wonder if Brian is a Brexiteer? After all most of the NE voted out?? Ha Ha
    • AC/DC rock music: jonnya
    • May 2nd 2021

Posted By: angus1878amazed at the opinions on here, fair do,s if its true but..would going to public school cause this ?

do love Brucie tho and do love Maiden...all part of my growing up

dont fancy going to see anyone talking about their careers tho...not even Brian or Angus, just wouldnt interest me....would read the book tho !

I think

Still a Prick !!

I saw that tour - I spent the entire main set in the bar at the NEC and went out for the encores! Not sure why I even went tbh. Maybe got the tickets without reading the small print.

I do think he is full of hiself but equally all the calling is fans 'fuckers' is a bit old school metal which Maiden certainly are.

And I guess he represnts themajority of the UK in having relatively centrist political views. He just tens to voice his where as others steer clear for being called out oas bad people by the lefties ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 2nd 2021

We all love Phil Rudd for his drumming and he's a jackass of the highest order.
    Posted By: InfernoWe all love Phil Rudd for his drumming and he's a jackass of the highest order.

He's not pompous, though.
    Pomposity winds people up something special. More than genocide.
    See also Bono. As I said unthread, Bruce is very much the metal Bono - two unpopular singers of stratospherically popular bands.
    Posted By: MADAXEMANWere you at the gig ?

Hearing him say it in person gives you some kind of insight into his inner thoughts? It's common sense. Again, you need to lighten up if you think for example when Ozzy Osbourne says "COME ON YOU FUCKERS!!!" he's insulting his audience...
    Posted By: jonnyaI saw that tour - I spent the entire main set in the bar at the NEC and went out for the encores! Not sure why I even went tbh. Maybe got the tickets without reading the small print.

I do think he is full of hiself but equally all the calling is fans 'fuckers' is a bit old school metal which Maiden certainly are.

And I guess he represnts themajority of the UK in having relatively centrist political views. He just tens to voice his where as others steer clear for being called out oas bad people by the lefties ;-)

You should give that album another spin. It had some excellent stuff on it. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg is even appreciated by a lot of "classics only" fans. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns also kicks ass.
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: InfernoWe all love Phil Rudd for his drumming and he's a jackass of the highest order.

He's not pompous, though.
    Pomposity winds people up something special. More than genocide.
    See also Bono. As I said unthread, Bruce is very much the metal Bono - two unpopular singers of stratospherically popular bands.

A cunt is a cunt, pompous or not. Phil certainly was one recently.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • May 3rd 2021

heartbreaking story, his theory on how he got cancer.. poor guy
    Posted By: jonnyaI saw that tour - I spent the entire main set in the bar at the NEC and went out for the encores! Not sure why I even went tbh. Maybe got the tickets without reading the small print.

You should give that album another spin. It had some excellent stuff on it. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg is even appreciated by a lot of "classics only" fans. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns also kicks ass.
    Terrific album. Great that you mention Brighter Than a Thousand Suns - I think that's their best post-Seventh Son track. Truly spectacular melodies, and that quiet section never gets old. Also, the Legacy and Lord of Light are absolute standouts from that record. My main observation regarding reunion era Maiden is that they can still be incredibly creative and original, and often are, but their ability to write memorable verses and choruses deteriorated. They rely too much on the same sort of chord progressions, and some of the melodies are just bland. Comparing that to their 80s output, in which it seemed every song had overwhelmingly good vocal melodies/riffs, it's frustrating to say the least.
    • AC/DC rock music: Edo02
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

"Different world" and "For the greater good of god" are also awesome...
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

But it doesn’t make sense, if Bruce is a prick, he can’t be all the time, or perhaps ”only” towards people of minor importance to him. Not within the band. His bandmates and crew would hate his guts, and Harris would have replaced him a long time ago if this was the case.
    Posted By: MADAXEMANWere you at the gig ?

Hearing him say it in person gives you some kind of insight into his inner thoughts? It's common sense. Again, you need to lighten up if you think for example when Ozzy Osbourne says "COME ON YOU FUCKERS!!!" he's insulting his audience...

Hardly the same thing everyone knows Ozzy is taking the piss think you need to let it go...its just my opinion.
    You know how some of you imagine Bon singing Brian songs, and how it would sound like? Well, the other day, this thread made me imagine Bruce Dickinson singing AC/DC songs. It was the stuff that nightmares are made of (Especially Back in Black and You Shook Me).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 3rd 2021 edited

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • May 3rd 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_permYou know how some of you imagine Bon singing Brian songs, and how it would sound like? Well, the other day, this thread made me imagine Bruce Dickinson singing AC/DC songs. It was the stuff that nightmares are made of (Especially Back in Black and You Shook Me).

I’ll never be able to get that horror show out my head now. Much like AXL/DC it’ll sit their festering away forever
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 3rd 2021

I think that Sin City was pretty good!
    •  
    • May 3rd 2021

Bruce/Dc
    they didn't release a DVD for.

Maiden could say that up until around '88. After that I'm happy if their albums contain one really great song that doesn't repeat itself to death musically and lyrically.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinTerrific album. Great that you mention Brighter Than a Thousand Suns - I think that's their best post-Seventh Son track. Truly spectacular melodies, and that quiet section never gets old. Also, the Legacy and Lord of Light are absolute standouts from that record. My main observation regarding reunion era Maiden is that they can still be incredibly creative and original, and often are, but their ability to write memorable verses and choruses deteriorated. They rely too much on the same sort of chord progressions, and some of the melodies are just bland. Comparing that to their 80s output, in which it seemed every song had overwhelmingly good vocal melodies/riffs, it's frustrating to say the least.

I like almost every track. These Colours Don't Run is my only skip usually.

I have similar criticisms though. They run choruses into the ground and use a lot of the same chord progressions in multiple songs. I forget which, but either The Legacy or LOL starts out with an intro that is nearly the exact same arpeggios as Brighter than a Thousand Suns' breakdown.

However, I'm not even big on their later '80s stuff. After Powerslave, my interest drops off quite a bit. It's not even the snyths, the songs just don't do much for me with a few exceptions like Stranger in a Strange Land (incredible song).