[ Sign In | Register ]

That’s something we can all agree on. And Cover You In Oil is their most ridiculous song. Agreed? Yes. Good.

Glad I got that off my chest.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 26th 2009

I reckon the honour of worst AC/DC album goes to Fly or BUYV, but BB isn't too far off for me. It's just a matter of taste. In fact I find it difficult to use the word "worst" in any sentence dealing with AC/DC - I prefer to say "least strong". Fact is any AC/DC album blows the shit out of the best offering of any other band.
    •  
    • May 26th 2009

That said, I'd love to see DC play the BB setlist again including the tracks from BB
    Hmmm, i'm smelling a wind-up! Of course you know that is going to upset one or two people who have just started contributing to this site don't you LHM? :)

Hard as a Rock and Ballbreaker were fantastic live. on the No Bull dvd BB rocks like a bastard
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: woz
    • May 26th 2009

GoZone is gonna fuckin'  flip when he reads this thread

I think the band mailed it in with Ballbreaker. The Honey Roll might be their gayest song ever. Listen closely, it sounds like they ripped off The Munsters theme song.

I’ve never been one to prefer any AC/DC album over another band’s best work. For example, I’d rather listen to Sticky Fingers from the Stones or Rubber Soul from The Beatles than Ballbreaker.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Foeller
    • May 26th 2009

Their worst albums are FOTW and BUYV. I personally think FOTW is the worst...
    FOTW rocks. You’re way off with that one.
    A bit harsh there LHM. I think BB was a reaction to TRE which was overtly commercial and very slickly produced. Its well documented that Malcolm couldn't get to grips with Rubin's production style (or non production style more like). Theres some quality music on there, HAAR, Boogie Man, BB, WOTR to name a few. Give me BB over TRE,SUL or BUYV anyday
    I couldn't get to grips with Rubin's production style either.
    I like that album a lot. I don't listen to it nowadays, because I listened to it constantly after its release and onwards. To me the band went back more to their heavy roots on that album, while still maintaining a strong basis within their blues influences. The way some songs are produced give a "roomy" and live feel. Like for example, in Whisky On The Rocks. It sounds like they were having fun while recording the album and they are quite creative in their song writing and arrangements.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • May 26th 2009

different strokes for different folks is all I can say

I agree with Meanstreak

mean, how are you today? are you enjoying this forum? you should invite some more people here.
    I guess you guys really like jammin’ to the Munsters theme song. Pretty gay.
    Hey, ZONE, I am doing ok. I will try to get a hold of Johan from the RP forum.
    • May 26th 2009 edited

LHM, I am not a fan of that song really, my 2nd least favorite on there, next to CWYPD, RELAX, man, Munsters them song rulz, I remember you saying that on RP a while back though and it stuck with me everytime I heard the song
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: karin
    • May 26th 2009

I don't have a worst ACDC album - LOVE EM ALL

• May 26th 2009

^my computer died again yesterday, do you still LOVE me?
    •  
    • May 26th 2009

gozone - are you talking to me about your computer - if so YES WE ALL DO!

•  
    • May 26th 2009 edited

Back on topic guys please

We've got here the very best AC/DC fans, in fact, most of the time I question my own level of knowledge of the band when I read some of your posts - you guys seriously know your shit. I don't always agree, but that's why I enjoy this band - I simply love having a different opinion and reading different opinions.

So, from one fan to another, I make a simple request - let's keep the chat focussed on the greatest band the world has ever seen, and leave the bullshit behind at RP.

•  
    • May 26th 2009

sorry BL just answering a question   BUT I THINK BALLBREAKER HAS GREAT SONGS AND GREAT PRODUCTION ACTUALLY

•  
    • May 26th 2009

But i thought that Ballbreaker is generally thought of as a great production piece because of who produced it i.e Rick Rubin and Mike Fraser - i thought that Mike also did some engineer stuff on the Black Ice Album and that everyone kinda gets down on their knees for mr rubin? No?

The Ballbreaker production has very "dry" guitars seemingly totally devoid of any reverb. I like that sound for that particular album.
    BB is a strong album but I think Rubin misunderstood AC/DC's style. As an album its solid. I'd have HAAR and Boogie Man added to the setlist in heartbeat
    •  
    • May 26th 2009 edited

I like anything the band does so i am not the best of critics actually but the killer riffs are hard to tone down but i love the early productions of vanda and young the best - i loved SUL too but ultimately my fav album has to be LTBR and If you Want Blood for live album - the atmosphere is captured amazingly on that album - oh no here i go again...Ballbreaker some cool songs but again they sound better live if the truth be told IMHO...

When I say misunderstood, I'm thinking along the same lines as meanstreak. The production is right for the album, but not perfect for AC/DC
    You got it karinr. Live those songs are killers.
    I like BallBreaker. Right after the solo on the title track when Brian says "Buildin' steam, whippin' cream. You are a Ballbreaker!" I looooove what Malcolm does. He sounds like a god damn freight train.
    Blow Up Your Video is a better album.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA