[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: morevish
    • Apr 20th 2021

^
    same here, back in the days, I could just look at the cover and imagine what these people where up to. A bit sinister, yet mysterious but certainly with a sense of humour. Legendary stuff.

Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatDoes the cover suggest that these anonymous, random people from all walks of life (whose identities have been masked to protect the guilty) share one thing in common, that they meet in highway motels for some 'dirty deeds'?

I think the old lady has just poisoned here annoying and cheating husband
    The lady in white just came from the future because she is holding a nokia cell phone. She is a terminator.
    The guy in black just came from a leather and jeans party but his wife doesn't know
    The dog is the only one that is not guilty....yet. He is looking at a small puppy across the street that he is going to eat.

Maybe the motel, then, is symbolic of seediness in general. It's a place for secret shenanigans, illicit meet-ups, and all that. The people don't necessarily go there, but its symbolic of their secret double identities. A lot of weird stuff goes on behind closed doors in these establishments.

I think the guy in black leather secretly visits the Blue Oyster club, maybe turning tricks on the side, for an affordable price. In the daytime he's a bank manager or something, with wife and three kids.

In addition:
    I guess the lady with the white shirt is a medical doctor or so, just done with some sort of kinky medical check up on one of the motel's guests;
    the man in the suit left front is a hitman who just signed a deal to get rid of someone;
    the lady with the red top is re-doing her nails after some heavy scratch work on the back of the dude at the right side with the chequered shirt - the lady is getting ready to get back home where her husband just returned from the office, and having spaghetti for dinner;
    and the kid at the back with the red tie just deflowered his 16-year old school mate, about to leave the place and on the way back home to go and study medieval history.
    I much prefer the Aussie album cover for DDDDC.
    Posted By: fyfe79It was much later on when I saw the Aussie sleeve and thought it looked ridiculous, tbh. Poorly drawn and silly. Pub-rock, like someone said previously.

They were a pub rock band at the time, so I don't see what's offensive about that.
    I think the Hipgnosis design is better. When I was a kid I spent way too long trying to match each of the characters to the songs, and I never did find a place for grandma.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 21st 2021

Posted By: tomscotlandWhen I was a kid I spent way too long trying to match each of the characters to the songs, and I never did find a place for grandma.
    Squealer maybe?
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: tomscotlandWhen I was a kid I spent way too long trying to match each of the characters to the songs, and I never did find a place for grandma.
    Squealer maybe?

I really didn’t want to go there. Go and check out the cover again.
    Save us.
    • AC/DC rock music: St. Looy
    • Apr 22nd 2021

Maybe Grandma is supposed to be the owner making a nice little business out of all the others going about their dirty deeds...?
    Posted By: St. LooyMaybe Grandma is supposed to be the owner making a nice little business out of all the others going about their dirty deeds...?

Yeah,I like that idea.
    • AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • Apr 24th 2021

Maybe the old woman was the one who complained that it was her phone number used in the song.
    • AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • Apr 24th 2021

https://imgur.com/a/...
    My daughter found my copy and took a liking to it.