[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: St. Looy
    • Apr 15th 2021

Is it just me, or is anyone else uneasy about this song?
    Easy,easy from the Easybeats... Stiffen upper lips...
    And is that not a stand-outly over red SG early in the video...?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 15th 2021 edited

Posted By: St. LooyIs it just me, or is anyone else uneasy about this song?
    Easy,easy from the Easybeats... Stiffen upper lips...
    And is that not a stand-outly over red SG early in the video...?

I had similar thoughts: the Easy Sleasy / AC/DC phonetic similarities. The “stiffen upper lips”-line, the SG, the natural finished 1-pickup guitar Dave Grohl plays, the guitar riff. But I don’t feel uneasy about it. I wonder if it is a conscious nod to the boys.
    Mick is not even a fan of AC/DC so why would it be? The Rolling Stone who is into AC/DC is Keef.
    Posted By: MeanstreakMick is not even a fan of AC/DC so why would it be?

I'm sure Sir Mick must have done the nasty a handful of times with AC/DC blaring in the background. Who knows? Maybe he took a deep dive in AC/DC's music during the pandemic, while he was a "prisoner" in his multiple mansions/castles during the lockdown.
    It’s wank I’ll say that much.

And fucking Dave Grohl popping up again ... about as welcome as a fart in a space suit, have a week off Dave FFS!
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: MeanstreakMick is not even a fan of AC/DC so why would it be?

I'm sure Sir Mick must have done the nasty a handful of times with AC/DC blaring in the background. Who knows? Maybe he took a deep dive in AC/DC's music during the pandemic, while he was a "prisoner" in his multiple mansions/castles during the lockdown.

Not sure how my comment to that statement would look like.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 15th 2021 edited

Please, let's not discuss anything related to Dave Grohl or Rolling Stones on an AC/DC forum. It might offended some of our more delicate members. Thank you.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 15th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocksIt’s wank I’ll say that much.

And fucking Dave Grohl popping up again ... about as welcome as a fart in a space suit, have a week off Dave FFS!

Wonder who’s next on Daves bucketlist of music celebrities to work with. Atleast it is easy forgotten
    It's awful.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 15th 2021

The title and the stiffen upper lips are a resemblance. The song itself is more a FF song with a little Stones ingredient. Mick has almost always played a red SG if he played guitar.

Mick's best acdc song is Wired All Night by the way.