[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 15th 2021

surely "the day i met Dave Grohl" must get its own chapter ?
    • AC/DC rock music: flo9
    • Apr 15th 2021

No more signed books
    Posted By: angus1878surely "the day i met Dave Grohl" must get its own chapter ?

"The day my life changed", I think that particular chapter has that title.
    • AC/DC rock music: Demon Fire
    • Apr 15th 2021 edited

I hope Back In Black isn't the only AC/DC album covered in depth. Although to be honest it probably will be which I will find disappointing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 15th 2021

I want some in depth stories about the making of FOTW.
    Looking forward to the 6 or 8 pages about the Simon Wright era.
    You mean paragraphs
    Lmao
    Will we finally find out why Phil was fired? Doubtful.
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2021

i doubt there will be too much "hard facts or insightful stories" in it, remember the sort of gagging order that the Youngs seem to hold over the other members and even the band activity itself, never in a bad way i just think that maybe if your in AC/DC there are certain things that just dont get talked about publicly, while under the banner of "AC/DC", lets be honest they dont even do "tittle tattle".
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Apr 16th 2021 edited

Posted By: Alex LebanonWill we finally find out why Phil was fired? Doubtful.

I thought he was just being a drunken asshole?
    • AC/DC rock music: Dean
    • Apr 16th 2021

A champion of a man. Hadn't signed in here for a while, very glad I did now. I'll be getting this ordered.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 16th 2021

If the band are finished, we might get a warts and all account.
    If they are going to tour/record again, it'll be a reserved account.

Mind you, on point one, I think Brian is such a diplomatic and respectful person, its almost certainly going to be the latter with difficult issues skirted over.
    Posted By: azelIf the band are finished, we might get a warts and all account.

When Blur's Alex James wrote his brilliant autobiography Bit of a Blur Damon Albarn warned him that if he included anything that pissed him off he'd concentrate on Gorillaz for the next x years and shelve any Blur reunion plans.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Apr 16th 2021

Posted By: azelIf the band are finished, we might get a warts and all account.

Mind you, on point one, I think Brian is such a diplomatic and respectful person, its almost certainly going to be the latter with difficult issues skirted over.

He would never diss Angus. The Young brothers saved him from obscurity, he wouldn't be the person he is without them.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 16th 2021 edited

I don't expect any new relevations in terms of what all went down on the Bahamas in '83 and lead to the firing of Phil, or if there were really some of Bon's lyrics used on BIB, any finger pointing regarding the situation in 2016 and no new inisghts if he stepped down on his own from lyric writing or if it was a unilateral decision by Mal and Ang. And I think none of you should expect anything like that so you won't be dissapointed. I think Brian is a person with a pretty positive approach to life. Plus he is humble and he knows that getting the job in AC/DC was the equivalent of winning in the lottery (many stars had to align that the whole thing turned out so good for him in 1980). So I would be very very surprised if there's any hint at dirt washing. What I expect is a entertaining read with lots of new insights into Brian's life and career before AC/DC, some good stories and accolades from his time with AC/DC, some warm memories of Mal and a little insight into his private life.
    I take a break from the site for the first time in forever and missed the news. Now the signed is sold out. Guess I'll just have to hitchhike to Florida. May not make it out alive but it could be worth it.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2021 edited

Posted By: NoisePollutionI take a break from the site for the first time in forever and missed the news. Now the signed is sold out. Guess I'll just have to hitchhike to Florida. May not make it out alive but it could be worth it.

try here my friend

https://coles-books....

====================

OH NO !...has anyone noticed the full title of the book ?...i hope this is wrong !

https://www.bookdepo...
    Yeah I've noticed the full title and I really expected nothing more. Seems Back In Black is the only thing Brian and the boys will ever talk about in depth sadly.
    Oh dear. I'm assuming that's not what people were expecting/hoping for.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2021

Brian's musical life always seems to stop after 1980.
    Fuck that. Brian is not Back in Black. ACDC is not Back in Black.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2021 edited

damn its true !................

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson will publish his memoir, The Lives of Brian, on October 26th via Dey Street Books, an imprint of the William Morrow Group at HarperCollins.

The Lives of Brian will find Johnson covering his early life and career: chronicling his childhood growing up in a small town in England, starting his first band, and ultimately replacing AC/DC’s late first frontman, Bon Scott, and making the band’s 1980 classic, Back in Black.

“Brian’s memoir captures an unforgettable moment in rock history,” William Morrow’s SVP and Executive Editor, Maura DiPreta, added. “Anyone who wants to understand Brian’s roots, as well as the moment of ignition when he joined AC/DC and helped create a monster album, will be in for an unforgettable ride.”

Johnson was born to a steelworker and WWII veteran father and an Italian mother, growing up in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, a working-class town. He was musically inclined and sang with the church choir. By the early '70s, he performed with the glam rock band GEORDIE, and they had a couple hits, but it was tough going. So tough that by 1976, they disbanded and Brian turned to a blue-collar life.

Then 1980 changed everything. Bon Scott, the lead singer and lyricist of the Australian rock band AC/DC died at 33. The band auditioned singers, among them Johnson, whom Scott himself had seen perform and raved about. Within days, Johnson was in a studio with the band, working with founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd, along with producer Mutt Lange.

When the album, "Back In Black", was released in July — a mere three months after Johnson had joined the band — it exploded, going on to sell 50 million copies worldwide, and triggering a years-long worldwide tour. It has been declared "the biggest-selling hard rock album ever made" and "the best-selling heavy-metal album in history."

The band toured the world for a full year to support the album, changing the face of rock music — and Johnson's life — forever.
    So the story ends in 1980, then.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2021 edited

heres the Deluxe £100.00 version

https://www.roughtra...
    Posted By: ThankassBrian's musical life always seems to stop after 1980.
    Fuck that. Brian is not Back in Black. ACDC is not Back in Black.

Agree 100% with this. They need to realize that we fans like more than just Back In Black. It's not even my favorite AC/DC album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 18th 2021

Atleast wait till it's out before you start whining and bitching. I guess the BIB thing in the title could very well be just a marketing move to sell a few more copies.
    I'm not bitching. I'm expressing my opinion. I'm still buying the book and hoping for the best.
    Get your bingo cards out for
    • Rolling thunder
    • Olga from the Volga
    • Playing pool with the crew
    • the hoover advert
    • Nutbush City Limits
    • Writing YSMANL in one go
    No whining or bitching from me.
    Posted By: YoungAngus1999Get your bingo cards out for
    • Rolling thunder
    • Olga from the Volga
    • Playing pool with the crew
    • the hoover advert
    • Nutbush City Limits
    • Writing YSMANL in one go

Yes, probably much of the standard story we already know. We'll see.
    Even if it stops at 1980, I'd very much prefer we get something like this instead of not getting it.
    • AC/DC rock music: ianbigmac
    • Apr 18th 2021 edited

Watch out, scalpers about

Posted By: angus1878
    Posted By: NoisePollutionI take a break from the site for the first time in forever and missed the news. Now the signed is sold out. Guess I'll just have to hitchhike to Florida. May not make it out alive but it could be worth it.

try here my friend

https://coles-books....

====================

OH NO !...has anyone noticed the full title of the book ?...i hope this is wrong !

https://www.bookdepo...
    Well thanks for the link. Glad I inadvertently set off a round of depression LOL
    Even if it does stop at 1980 I'm sure it'll be a fun read although yes I'd like chapters that cover the making of every AC/DC album.
    Brian is a storyteller extraordinaire. It'll be entertaining, either way. I'm more interested to see how far it deviates from Rockers and Rollers. He did *vaguely* get into mid-80s stuff in that, but overall his narrative style tends to center around cars, regardless, so I'm sure it was tricky for him to try and not be redundant but bite his tongue in not going along with the car theme, again.
    •  
    • Apr 19th 2021 edited

did you get one ? ; }
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 19th 2021

Brian might be being clever. Leaves scope for another book.
    Posted By: azelBrian might be being clever. Leaves scope for another book.

That could potentially (but not likely) result in a whole book dedicated only to the FOTW and BUYV albums.
    •  
    • Apr 19th 2021

Maybe Brian will write a book per album.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Apr 19th 2021

Madness. People bidding up to a £100 on eBay for a "signed" copy.